No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

@peter What Weintraub tweeted Sandgren told him filming will start in April, you pretty much shouted: “impossible!” Now you are saying filming could start any time in March, which includes the very end of March...
    Also, what’s up with the passive aggressiveness? Nobody is forcing you to read my comments.

Just responding in a language you are proficient in. But to be clear, I'd gladly get rid of any passiveness. You, sir, are a pot-stirrer. And a one trick pony at that. Compulsively so.

@peter, thanks for the clarity, as usual. You, sir, are a gentleman.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    @PanchitoPistoles Just drop it man, please. There's no reason to keep this going.
  • Well...we saw this coming,

So does this mean filming is pushed to April or May? Seems logical
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    No.

And by that I mean probably not ;)

There's no syllogistic logic to back that claim. Release date moving forward doesn't equal shooting date moving forward. No necessarily. So, no.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    w2bond wrote: »
    @peter Just to be clear, are you saying filming will begin in 16 days?

You would think that when they tweeted the change of release date, they would've also stated that the film would also delay the start of production. But they didn't, because it was the decision of the distributors, not EON.
    Or they simply learned their lesson and decided not to announce a third filming start date. (Unlike the release date, the filming start date is not something they have to announce.)

Or there's no third filming start date in the first place.

I don't think anyone apart from some fans care when the production start date is so I don't know why people are getting so worked up over it

Sites like Variety and Deadline publish stories about the production delay of smaller name films when it happens. Not even they reported about any possible delay here besides the film's release.
    Well...we saw this coming,

Probably, but this it matter anymore? The sky isn’t falling, it already fell when Barbara Broccoli fired one of the most exciting and talented British filmmakers and sabotaged a once in a lifetime Bond film.

At this point I’m honestly about a hundred times as much looking forward to reading John Hodge’s Bond 25 script as I’m watching Barbara Broccoli’s Bond 25.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Well...we saw this coming,

Probably, but this it matter anymore? The sky isn’t falling, it already fell when Barbara Broccoli fired one of the most exciting and talented British filmmakers and sabotaged a once in a lifetime Bond film.

At this point I’m honestly about a hundred times as much looking forward to reading John Hodge’s Bond 25 script as I’m watching Barbara Broccoli’s Bond 25.

l7mdevi63ug21.png
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Sorry, last thing before I go: to @PanchitoPistoles and the chicken littles, one more point (sent to the aforementioned calm poster of this site), and, please, read this several times before replying:

Please realize that a shooting schedule has to have been made up weeks and weeks and weeks ago.

This shooting schedule is the key to production.

It locks down locations and talent and millions of $$$ are allotted to this schedule (that's how we keep budgets!! (how many days/weeks spent in ANY GIVEN PLACE (hotels, travel, catering...).

So, no matter what the release date, the shooting schedule has to be managed as close to what they locked as possible, or most films are screwed.

B25 had a shooting schedule. So much rides on this shooting schedule (these things are A LOGISTIC NIGHTMARE).

So I know you think a change in release date bears weight-- but, in the scope of things, most of the time (like this), it doesn't. It's a business decision. However, as I claimed before, a change in shooting schedule, is a far bigger and more impactful story.

And we haven't heard of an impactful change to shooting schedule because, as far as this writing is concerned, there hasn't been a change. Changing the shooting schedule in a drastic way (4 weeks would be heading in that direction), would be MORE cause for concern that a distributor deciding JAMES BOND WILL OPEN BETTER IN THE SPRING.

'Night, boys.
    Frankly, no mod sees this (@PanchitoPistoles posts) as trolling? No one? Just me? Ok then.

So, any use of foul language or direct aggression is cause for mod intervention, but that (see @PanchitoPistoles post right above), in a compulsory fashion, sees no need for intervention?

I'm the passive aggressive here, right?

Just to be clear. THAT isn't trolling? Really?
    peter wrote: »
    Sorry, last thing before I go: to @PanchitoPistoles and the chicken littles, one more point (sent to the aforementioned calm poster of this site), and, please, read this several times before replying:

Please realize that a shooting schedule has to have been made up weeks and weeks and weeks ago.

It locks down locations and talent and millions of $$$ are allotted to this schedule (that's how we keep budgets!! (how many days/weeks spent in ANY GIVEN PLACE (hotels, travel, catering...).

So, no matter what the release date, the shooting schedule has to be managed as close to what they locked as possible, or most films are screwed.

B25 had a shooting schedule. So much rides on this shooting schedule (these things are A LOGISTIC NIGHTMARE).

So I know you think a change in release date bears weight-- but, in the scope of things, most of the time (like this), it doesn't. It's a business decision. However, as I claimed before, a change in shooting schedule, is a far bigger and more impactful story.

And we haven't heard of an impactful change to shooting schedule because, as far as this writing is concerned, there hasn't been a change. Changing the shooting schedule in a drastic way (4 weeks would be heading in that direction), would be MORE cause for concern that a distributor deciding JAMES BOND WILL OPEN BETTER IN THE SPRING.

'Night, boys.

Thank you, @peter. 'Night, my friend.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    11/8/19....nope. 2/14/20...nope. 04/08/20......? TBD. How many times can you move a date and say 'you're thrilled'? SMH
    =bg= wrote: »
    11/8/19....nope. 2/14/20...nope. 04/08/20......? TBD. How many times can you move a date and say 'you're thrilled'? SMH

I grant you that, that communication was poorly made. Maybe they're planning on something big for the end of this month, and don't mind giving us that particular set of news in this fashion.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @peter What Weintraub tweeted Sandgren told him filming will start in April, you pretty much shouted: “impossible!” Now you are saying filming could start any time in March, which includes the very end of March...

Ugh @PanchitoPistoles -- leave me alone man (and I hafta have more self control, lol):

I never said "impossible"; I said I didn't believe there was a delay in PRODUCTION. I said this could have been a misquote.

I ask you again-- please read my posts several times before posting.

And now, third luck is a charm, adios!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Univex wrote: »
    =bg= wrote: »

I grant you that, that communication was poorly made. Maybe they're planning on something big for the end of this month, and don't mind giving us that particular set of news in this fashion.

Bond 26 is being filmed at the same time for a November 2022 release (i kid, i kid but hmm)
    Ok I was given info and ignored I defend myself I am called bellitiling it turns out I might be wrong and some here laugh at me.....

Well what a cheerful group this place has become
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Ok I was given info and ignored I defend myself I am called bellitiling it turns out I might be wrong and some here laugh at me.....

No. You attacked people who suggested your info on the press conference date might be wrong on several occasions.
    @peter, @Risico007, my friends, there's no use. Mods don't see his interventions as good old pot-stirring, it's trolling and he gets away with it all the time. Nothing we can do. He'll keep on doing it until we're all mad or we get expelled.
  • Two months isn't a lot of time in the grand scheme of things. So this delay in particular I'm not too bothered about.

But it is a big gutting that we'll have had to wait nearly four and a half years between films. When SF came out it seemed like we were back on the right track after the misfire of QoS and MGM's money issues stalling the follow up. It came out, it was a massive hit, and ended with the promise of plenty of new adventures.

But they haven't built on that at all. We've had one film since. Now personally I really liked it, and it made lots of money, but it was divisive. And instead of firing on all cylinders to correct that course they'll have let the memory of that film linger for a good few years.

Just my uninformed opinion but I definitely can't see Bond 25 doing as well as SP did at the box office. All the momentum they had with SF seems to be gone. I do honestly believe that it'll be a good one (gutted Boyle isn't directing though), but I think it's a shame that they didn't do more to follow on from the success of SF. They were in a really good place and should have capitalised on that.
    Not everything you disagree with is trolling. Everything I wrote I meant genuinely.
    Not everything you disagree with is trolling. Everything I wrote I meant genuinely.

Sure,
    Sure.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    peter wrote: »

'Night, boys.

giphy.gif
    Here's the beautiful thing. March 4 is in 17 days. So in 17 days, we'll know whether it starts filming March 4.

Also, April 8 -- being the pre-Easter week with little to no major competition also releasing that weekend -- is potentially a hugely lucrative weekend slot for Bond 25. Far more so than the Valentine's Day timeframe would have been. No doubt there are a whole mess of spreadsheets at Universal backing that up. Bond 25 essentially, now, holds an Avengers release slot.

Also also -- and I'm not in the habit of getting in the middle of these silly things -- but I'll stand up for and back up folks like @peter on this forum, who are good people with genuine, real connections to the Bond engine and are generous enough to share their info and insights when they're under no obligation to do so. We should appreciate them for that. Full stop.

LightImperfectIridescentshark-size_restricted.gif
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Also also -- and I'm not in the habit of getting in the middle of these silly things -- but I'll stand up for and back up folks like @peter on this forum, who are good people with genuine, real connections to the Bond engine and are generous enough to share their info and insights when they're under no obligation to do so. We should appreciate them for that. Full stop.
    +1. Well said.

Risico007 wrote: »

No. You attacked people who suggested your info on the press conference date might be wrong on several occasions.

No I didn’t

Uh huh like how you kept saying from 2016-2017 Craig was never coming back and made fun of the Craig lovers as you called them
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I wonder if Panchito will come back from his self imposed exile now.
    Wonder no more! I'm back.
    Go away.
  • Definitely this is a very sad news :(

Yesterday we were very excited because we only needed to wait one year and now very confused because we have to wait longer.

:shocking:
    Following this film has just been painful as a Bond fan. No excuses for how long it’s taken.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Indeed, very painful. Anytime we get closer to some substantial news, or display any signs of excitement, there’s another type of setback. Very discouraging. Such a tease.
    @Birdleson
    @DonnyDB5

Amen. It just flat-out sucks. Something has to happen to get this series back on the right course. This is unacceptable. We’ve all been more than patient.