No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    [deleted]
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m afraid my optimism is all but shattered for now. I’m one of Craig Bond’s biggest supporters, but at this point I wonder if it’d just be better to move on to the next actor/era now.
    Craig isn't the problem. Absolutely nothing will change if Craig leaves but Barbara Broccoli stays on. The whole lot needs to go.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Too many writers and directors had their hands on this one it's likely to show in the script and that will translate to the film in some form or another. Just Think if they would Have compromised or worked it out with Boyle we would be filming now and getting it this fall

Or the precise opposite.

Fukunaga could be taking the time to cement his vision for Bond.

#optimistic
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    echo wrote: »
    Take the time to get the script right. That's the most important thing in the end. And the more time Fukunaga has to get invested in the script, the better.

Then why don’t we take another year to get the script right?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    Still too early to lose confidence (yet I’m linked with the “sky is falling” crowd for making perfectly reasonable arguments). We don’t even know that this will affect the prod schedule at all, and if it does, more time probably means better film. If fukunaga, purvis/ wade, craig walk, then I will unapologetically enter panic mode. But I do not see that happening.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I will write a lot more about my thoughts on this delay tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Please don’t.

I second that emotion. Barbara Broccoli is a she devil. Christopher Nolan is our savior. We get it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Remington wrote: »

Please don’t.

I second that emotion. Barbara Broccoli is a she devil. Christopher Nolan is our savior. We get it.

Thirded. Back off the thread I go, now that I know the stirrer of the pot of crazy potion has returned to add little and inflame many.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Someone mentioned a page earlier that since they didn’t mention production dates changing ( like they did last time the film was delayed) that we should assume filming dates are still the same. I would agree with that
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »
    I wonder if Panchito will come back from his self imposed exile now.
    Wonder no more! I'm back.

Can't say this umpteenth delay surprises me. For anyone who has been paying attention it has been obvious for a while that filming was not going to start on the 4th of March, and when the filming is delayed the domino that often falls next is the release date.

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @Archivo_007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

Hello. Again.

First, they moved forward the release date. Not the start of shooting. No yet, anyway.

Second, they have made no announced of a press conference. Not yet, anyway.

Third, no one has to apologise for standing behind the info they were given. That would be moronic.

Fourth, if you don't want to write more about your thoughts on this tomorrow I will, personally, not complain.

Thank you, sir @Univex -- unfortunately this is a business and release dates are a game of chess. Every year, half a dozen, to a dozen films, are moved from their release dates. The distributors are being advantageous.

It's a business.

B25 will start on, or close to the original date (I have only heard March 2019).

And I will stick to that @PanchitoPistoles ...

(plus, I saw some lovely pics from Goldeneye today (not a location, but Jamaica surely is almost a done deal).

I stand by all of this (once again Panchito, release dates are a distributors game)

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Remington wrote: »

Please don’t.

Thirded. Back off the thread I go, now that I know the stirrer of the pot of crazy potion has returned to add little and inflame many.

+1

Oh, I'm very enflamed right now. My temper at this very moment is the Skyfall explosion.
  • They should never have promised a definite release date in the first place. November was the date...then February next year.. Now April. Summer 2020 or even just Coming Soon is broad enough.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m afraid my optimism is all but shattered for now. I’m one of Craig Bond’s biggest supporters, but at this point I wonder if it’d just be better to move on to the next actor/era now.

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited February 2019 Posts: 565
    peter wrote: »

Can't say this umpteenth delay surprises me. For anyone who has been paying attention it has been obvious for a while that filming was not going to start on the 4th of March, and when the filming is delayed the domino that often falls next is the release date.

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @Archivo_007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

Hello. Again.

First, they moved forward the release date. Not the start of shooting. No yet, anyway.

Third, no one has to apologise for standing behind the info they were given. That would be moronic.

Fourth, if you don't want to write more about your thoughts on this tomorrow I will, personally, not complain.

Thank you, sir @Univex -- unfortunately this is a business and release dates are a game of chess. Every year, half a dozen, to a dozen films, are moved from their release dates. The distributors are being advantageous.

It's a business.

B25 will start on, or close to the original date (I have only heard March 2019).

(plus, I saw some lovely pics from Goldeneye today (not a location, but Jamaica surely is almost a done deal).

I stand by all of this (once again Panchito, release dates are a distributors game)

As always Peter eases any doubt I have. I mean they sincerely. Thanks man!
  • peterpeter Toronto

Hello. Again.

It's a business.

Oh, and @PanchitoPistoles (and any doomsy-types); isn't it funny that "official word" came about re: the change of release date? And it came "fast n furious" (pun intended)???

But none about a change in shooting schedule? (after all stunt men are booked ahead of time for other gigs. Make-up. Set and lighting...)

If anything, shooting begins in March because things have been locked down; it does give CF and the editors more time in the room, though, which will be nice for them-- after filming is complete.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow.

I wouldn't mind this at all if EoN weren't so detached from their fan base. I get that no one is obligated to do anything but Bond fans show up and show out and yet get the short end of the stick from EoN. They do too much taking and not enough giving back in any meaningful capacity.

I love Bond and will ALWAYS be a fan but I find EoN's lack of communication with fans disappointing and their PR strategy in general is practically tone deaf. Hiwever, if that's how they choose to be then fair enough but I have other franchises, films and other things to easily prioritise where I'm part of a fan base and communities that isn't treated like an afterthought.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Hello. Again.

It's a business.

tenor.gif
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Looking at the schedule, it makes sense for distributors to push the film back to 8th April. Bond 25 would’ve been up against 3 other films on 14th February and (currently) Bond 25 is the only film slotted for Easter weekend.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Wow.

I wouldn't mind this at all if EoN weren't so detached from their fan base. I get that no one is obligated to do anything but Bond fans show up and show out and yet get the short end of the stick from EoN. They do too much taking and not enough giving back in any meaningful capacity.

I love Bond and will ALWAYS be a fan but I find EoN's lack of communication with fans disappointing and their PR strategy in general is practically tone deaf. Hiwever, if that's how they choose to be then fair enough but I have other franchises, films and other things to easily prioritise where I'm part of a fan base and communities that isn't treated like an afterthought.
    This 100%. Eon need to get with it already. Other franchises films such Mission impossible 7 has a legit chance of beating bond at the box office next time.

You obviously haven’t read my comment. I explicitly wrote that the reason I’m expecting an apology is NOT that they were wrong but that they constantly berated people who dared to say they might be wrong.

Also, what’s up with the passive aggressiveness? Nobody is forcing you to read my comments.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Finally, before signing off for the night so I can be with Mrs. Bond; I wrote this to a very cool and calm poster of this site:

"This is all the game of the biz. Nothing about production.

Filming will start in March in some capacity, coz they gotta get talent that's booked on this project WORKING. If not, they will go to their next job."

Ralph Fiennes is a busy guy. So are people behind the scenes. They still hafta shoot this film in the allotted schedule days, or this production will start to bleed their talent (above and below the line).
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I wouldn't be surprised if Fiennes directs one eventually. That is, if he wants to.
    @peter Just to be clear, are you saying filming will begin in 16 days?
    l7mdevi63ug21.png

You would think that when they tweeted the change of release date, they would've also stated that the film would also delay the start of production. But they didn't, because it was the decision of the distributors, not EON.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Wow.

This I do agree with. EON do need to step up their game in this regard.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    Don’t really care about fan service. There’s plenty of bond for us to enjoy right now. All I want from eon are middle of the road bond films every 2 years, with occasional masterpieces.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619

You would think that when they tweeted the change of release date, they would've also stated that the film would also delay the start of production. But they didn't, because it was the decision of the distributors, not EON.
    Or they simply learned their lesson and decided not to announce a third filming start date. (Unlike the release date, the filming start date is not something they have to announce.)

At this point the notion that filming will start in 16 days is just ridiculous. It might start in March as Peter says, but there is no way it will start in just 16 days.

Or they simply learned their lesson and decided not to announce a third filming start date. (Unlike the release date, the filming start date is not something they have to announce.)

Or there's no third filming start date in the first place.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    @PanchitoPistoles, didn't you describe your own posting activity here as "trolling".
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @PanchitoPistoles -- I have never received word that shooting would be March 4. I received word that shooting begins IN March.

And before I get accused of being "an insider"; I'm just a writer who knows a couple of people associated with EoN (and, to date, any news I HAVE received, and usually put on this site, has always been accurate (even when those on this site said it was "speculation" about, i.e., Boyle's exit (yet trade papers started to report, verbatim, what I said-- two weeks after I reported what I had heard).

So knowing that a shooting schedule has been made (of course, any tweaks can be made to it, but generally...), this production has to start in and around the shooting date that's been established (or you will bleed talent, lose talent and lose tens of million of dollars-- UNIVERSAL, the big fish, ain't gonna let that happen. This decision to push the release date is a UNIVERSAL/distributors decision. April/Easter date is a more savy business move. And this move happens all the time).

I have not been privy to the exact date, but I do know this film is a go in March 2019.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,252

Or there's no third filming start date in the first place.

I don't think anyone apart from some fans care when the production start date is so I don't know why people are getting so worked up over it