No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Does anyone feel that this is becoming a good time to change Bond actor ?
    Just curious .

Actually, Im biased on this. I do want a Fukunaga Craig film to top SF and SP. But I wouldn't complain if they just delayed the whole thing to make a 60th anniversary film with an original script and Aidan Turner in the role. That being said, what I'd really want is both of these things ;)

All the feelings of despair will disappear in less than two weeks, I'm sure.
    Just curious .

I'd be happy if we got a new actor with B25, to be honest. But that's just a reflection of my opinion of the Bond of the Craig era, not the production, delays, etc.
    Just curious .

I'd be happy if we got a new actor with B25, to be honest. But that's just a reflection of my opinion of the Bond of the Craig era, not the production, delays, etc.

I can relate to that.
    The issue is the last two films were just ok in my opinion if we can get the Craig of Royale and Solace back I am on cloud nine
    Just curious .
    Yes!
    After Boyle left (of which I'm hoping we'll learn more about in the future), you'd expect things to be delayed or rescheduled all the way up to – or even during production.
    Yet most people here constantly attacked me and a few others who back in late August / early September 2018 dared to say the movie might not be released in 2019 because of Boyle’s departure...
    After Boyle left (of which I'm hoping we'll learn more about in the future), you'd expect things to be delayed or rescheduled all the way up to – or even during production.
    Yet most people here constantly attacked me and a few others who back in late August / early September 2018 dared to say the movie might not be released in 2019 because of Boyle’s departure...

Or possibly they disagreed and didn’t attack you at all one would assume that makes more sense

I just commented on that a couple months here and there doesn't bother me much. Whatever issues you have with people disagreeing with you back in September, you'll have to bring up in conversation with them.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    This reminds me so much of being in high school, people who think they know anything and everything. People who think they suddenly deserve whatever they want.

None of you know what’s going on behind the scenes, so while I understand people are going to vent which is fine, some of you need to stop acting like spoilt little children. If you really don’t like it that much, go take a break. I didn’t join this site to listen to people whinge and moan, I wanted to be a part of a community that loves this franchise as much as I do.

I understand you have an opinion, but to act like you are owed something by EoN is ridicilulous. So stop throwing your toys out of the pram, know that whether they film in March, April or bloody whenever, they’re working on it. There’s not gonna be a new Bond, they’re not gonna wait till the 60th anniversary. They don’t have to have a film out then, they can do anything else to celebrate.

And personally to @PanchitoPistoles and @Mendes4Lyfe, if you really feel that hard done by, seriously just leave for a bit because to be honest you’re both acting like spoilt children. They owe us nothing, it’s a business and they’re doing their best. So if you don’t like that...

tenor.gif?itemid=4808431

Also, I’m about to watch FRWL so if anyone needs me I’ll be enjoying my favourite franchise in the world. Big love to Barbara and Michael.
    “They owe us nothing” is a very wrong and dangerous notion. Without us, an audience, they have nothing. They owe us everything.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Everything or nothing? I am confused.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    “They owe us nothing” is a very wrong and dangerous notion. Without us, an audience, they have nothing. They owe us everything.

You take this far to personally.
    No EON owe us nothing. We are fans of the most successful series of films of all time. Spanning almost 60 years. EON make films to entertain, 24 of them and counting. Do you think that's easy? Really.
    Get over yourself @PanchitoPistoles
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Is your favourite James Bond title, “The World is Not Enough” by any chance?
    @Benny What the great Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman did ( establishing Bond as a successful movie franchise) was an incredibly difficult thing to do. What Barbara and Michael are doing is the easiest thing in the word.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Everything or nothing? I am confused.

Well we wouldn’t want that,would we ;)

Also @Denbigh : enjoy the best 007 film ever made in FRWL x a piece of cinema perfection as you know .
    @Benny What the great Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman did ( establishing Bond as a successful movie franchise) was an incredibly difficult thing to do. What Barbara and Michael are doing is the easiest thing in the word.

giphy.gif
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    From Russia With Love was released on Apr 8, 1964; hopefully the April 8th date is a good omen.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

You are talking about the same Harry Saltzman whose unwillingness to sell his shares to Broccoli explains half if not more of the delays you're railing against, right?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If this indeed is a business decision, then I can live with that. If production still starts next month & we receive a press conference within a few weeks, then I can live with that as well.

I think at this point the negativity & chronic complaints on this thread are justified. It’s been a VERY loooooong wait for this film to get rolling. Not to mention it’s been riddled with setbacks, delays, uncertainty, you name it.

A little bit of positive news at this point would make a HUGE difference to me, and many of the members of this forum I’m sure.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    From Russia With Love was released on Apr 8, 1964; hopefully the April 8th date is a good omen.

In the US. The world premiere was in October.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I don't know why everyone is getting so wound up. We've got this to look forward soon, and then Bond 26 in 2079.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541

Hope so
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I don't know why everyone is getting so wound up. We've got this to look forward soon, and then Bond 26 in 2079.

No, after this Disney will take over. Then we'll get 3 Bond films every year plus televised spin-offs of Moneypenny's lover and Blofeld's cat.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

No, after this Disney will take over. Then we'll get 3 Bond films every year plus televised spin-offs of Moneypenny's lover and Blofeld's cat.

Not to mention an entire spin off franchise devoted to Mendel and his banking career.
    Those comments really make me appreciate EON and the uniqueness of these films. Just give them time. It'll make History. As always.
    Somewhere I read the start date is still March 4th. Any word on that?
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Two Month PLUS one day, that is.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

In the US. The world premiere was in October.

OK, somewhere on the planet it premiered on April 8th :D

• peterpeter Toronto
    The IMDbPro Bond 25 production page (once again, this has nothing to do with the free site), changed the dates of release for the film, BUT, the shooting month remains unchanged at March 2019. This is still the official month of shooting.

If the report from Deadline was read accurately, it's clear why Universal shifted dates; their FF films do historically well in China (as the article said, this market is their bread and butter). This April 8 date is crowded in the Chinese market, so they moved their tentpole franchise to a better date.

Now Universal needs one of their films to fill this gap. Bond 25 gets plopped into a five day weekend. That's good for the FF franchise, and good for James Bond (think about February in some parts of the US and Canada (this Valentine's Day most of us suffered through snowstorms and ice rain leading into this weekend).

(BTW, why aren't the FF fans complaining that their film has been pushed to a later date?? That there hasta be something wrong with their production, lol!)
    Hopefully, if production manages to stay on time, we can still get some positive news despite the release delay. I really hope so.