No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    edit
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Sing to the tune of Panic by The Smiths

"panic on the boards of MI6, panic on the internet forum, hang the film makers, hang the film makers, hang the film makers, cause the delays they constantly announce mean people don't move on with their lives"

You hear, Morrissey?

This is a good thing if true. If a delay needs to happen to get the script right im all for it.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

This is a good thing if true. If a delay needs to happen to get the script right im all for it.

Me too. I miss an intelligent film, with intelligent dialogue. Fukunaga is sure to bring that to the table.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Sing to the tune of Panic by The Smiths

"panic on the boards of MI6, panic on the internet forum, hang the film makers, hang the film makers, hang the film makers, cause the delays they constantly announce mean people don't move on with their lives"

You hear, Morrissey?

Sorry I was bored and it just popped into my head.

Just reading through the 200+ posts since this was announced, has been hilarious as well as moments of slapping my head in disbelief.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,241
    nikos78 wrote: »
    Has anyone commented on the graphic design of the announcement post? For the first time an official post for B25 didn't have the 007 logo but BOND 25 on it. Could the lettering be a hint to the font that will be used for the title when it's announced?

My guess is that this is just typography chosen for the circumstance. However, it will be a nice touch if the marketing campaign uses some of the same typography as the announcement post(s). Maybe as a secondary font, much like Stainless Extended for the Spectre campaign.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 157

This is confirmed by a crew member I know: there is still ongoing work on the script, they do not have every location locked and no shooting plan has been handled to the crew yet. He had some doubts production would start 4th March as planned. Funnily he told me so a few hours before Eon's announcement of the delay.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2019 Posts: 12,459
    QQ7 wrote: »

Just getting back on here. I'm not taking time to read all the responses yet, but I will go back in a bit. Honestly, I am not concerned ... but I feel many people will be up in arms about this. I'd rather have a delay of approximately 2 months and get everything polished, exactly right than meet a self imposed earlier deadline. We have a very talented director, main cast (except villain), and because of this particular director I'm not worried about the script. And I think April will be fine for opening the film, heading it into the summer season. Happy to have some news, so at least that speculation is finished. Now I'll get some popcorn and go read comments.

Oh and I did see this on twitter, by our member here, Mark O'Connell. Maybe it's been posted in this thread already, I don't know, but here is the link: https://markoconnell.co.uk/the-devil-in-the-detail/

And here is a bit from it that I think has good point (re some Bond fans being highly upset by this delay in the release: (the underline is from me, not in the article) ~

This isn’t just fans throwing their Corgi Astons out their prams. This is some fans kicking off because this is less a delay in a film’s release and more of a [perceived] delay in knowledge and ownership of a particular film.

shamelord wrote: »
    This is confirmed by a crew member I know: there is still ongoing work on the script,
    This directly contradicts what @peter wrote yesterday:
    peter wrote: »
    Everyone: the script is done.
    Someone's intel is wrong.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    QQ7 wrote: »
    This isn’t just fans throwing their Corgi Astons out their prams. This is some fans kicking off because this is less a delay in a film’s release and more of a [perceived] delay in knowledge and ownership of a particular film.
    This is a great way to sum it all up.
    The way they said “absolutely thrilled,” as they announced yet another delay is just a slap in the face. Everyone who wants to stay positive should get to do so though. Whoever needs to vent, like myself, should have a chance to vent. I’m not saying a Bond film should be rushed out without any thought, but it’s going to be near 5 years (if the current release even holds) since the last. Shouldn’t have to take that long.

This is confirmed by a crew member I know: there is still ongoing work on the script, they do not have every location locked and no shooting plan has handled to the crew yet. He had some doubts production would start 4th March as planned. Funnily he told me so a few hours before Eon's announcement of the delay.

very interesting
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    This isn’t just fans throwing their Corgi Astons out their prams. This is some fans kicking off because this is less a delay in a film’s release and more of a [perceived] delay in knowledge and ownership of a particular film.[/i]

Exactly. A delay in and of itself is not an issue. I would have no problem with a 1 year or even 2 year delay if Boyle were still on board.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The way they said “absolutely thrilled,” as they announced yet another delay is just a slap in the face.
    Bingo. It's safe to say the reactions would have been very different had they presented this news in a better way. "Hey, the movie has been delayed. Also, we will be holding a press conference on this date. Stay tuned."
    I assume they have secured the locations, and are working the script around that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    This isn’t just fans throwing their Corgi Astons out their prams. This is some fans kicking off because this is less a delay in a film’s release and more of a [perceived] delay in knowledge and ownership of a particular film.[/i]

Exactly. A delay in and of itself is not an issue. I would have no problem with a 1 year or even 2 year delay if Boyle were still on board.
    Firstly, this quote doesn’t seem to connect with what you’re saying. Also you’re saying that you’d only be happy with the delay, if someone else was handling the film. I’d like to know why you distrust Fukunaga so much?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Denbigh wrote: »

Firstly, this quote doesn’t seem to connect with what you’re saying. Also you’re saying that you’d only be happy with the delay, if someone else was handling the film. I’d like to know why you distrust Fukunaga so much?
    I don't distrust Fukunaga at all. Unlike most people here, I have been very familiar with his name for many years and I have liked his work for a long time. If there is someone currently working on Bond 25 who can make it good, it's him.

Having said that, he is no Danny Boyle and his Bond film won't be a once-in-a-lifetime Bond movie, like Danny Boyle's Bond 25 would have been.
    I assume they have secured the locations, and are working the script around that.
    Please don't say that! That's exactly the situation they were in when they were making Spectre, and we all know how that turned out.

I don't distrust Fukunaga at all. Unlike most people here, I have been very familiar with his name for many years and I have liked his work for a long time. If there is someone currently working on Bond 25 who can make it good, it's him.

Having said that, he is no Danny Boyle and his Bond film won't be a once-in-a-lifetime Bond movie, like Danny Boyle's Bond 25 would have been.

Who knows? Maybe a DB Bond film would have turned out horrible?

Who knows? Maybe a DB Bond film would have turned out horrible?

I suspect it would.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

Yes, that makes sense. Also other polishing of the story; fine by me. The script is always, always critically important. Cary is a very good storyteller; that is why I am sailing through this time rather unperturbed. I believe location shooting happening soon (2nd unit, whatever) and in Pinewood in a month or so ... it's all nothing to get worried about, in my opinion.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

This is confirmed by a crew member I know: there is still ongoing work on the script, they do not have every location locked and no shooting plan has handled to the crew yet. He had some doubts production would start 4th March as planned. Funnily he told me so a few hours before Eon's announcement of the delay.

No shooting plan has been handed to the crew yet? Wtf? So I’m guessing that means March 4th is not happening?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,756
    Univex wrote: »
    @DarthDimi, I don't understand, this isn't like you. You're only trying to appease everybody. But listen, I asked, and I got the message, loud and clear, you and the other mods don't get what is going on and what type of manipulative conduct is being held. That is your prerogative. In the end, it's your site. This thread has grown to 2134 pages, many pages are filled with exasperated members trying to respond to the same repeated affirmation of @PanchitoPistoles regarding Christopher Nolan and Barbara Broccoli and "the great" Danny Boyle, and so on and so on. It's exhausting. He's like a bloody cancer in here. But sure, keep pretending there isn't one. Meanwhile, members will leave. For a while or for good. I don't know how the Col. or peter, or so many others are still here. Heck, I don't know how I'm still here. I've got a big life to live. These forums are supposed to be a gentlemen club to discuss common ground. But listen, for the better, I'll make myself scarce because I can't, for the life of me, see this happening to these beloved forums. I'll be around for friends. I'll respond and read the posts made by friends. I won't even engage or read the posts of this childish pot-stirrer character. Have fun with the nutter. Oh, or in his lingo, The Great Nutter.

Univex out

Forum members are entitled to express their opinion on the production. If certain members annoy you, it's very easy to ignore them. I don't agree with a lot of posts, but that doesn't give me the right to tell them not to post. It's pretty selfish to demand actions against those who you find annoying, as if you have some sort of authority on what people can and cannot say. MI6 is already a gentleman's club. Not a frat house echo-chamber.

Panchito at his worst makes me laugh. I don't see why he bothers a lot of people.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834

Please don't say that! That's exactly the situation they were in when they were making Spectre, and we all know how that turned out.
    It’s a fair point, but I’ll always give the benefit of the doubt. If they don’t think Boyle was the right fit, then he wasn’t the right fit. It would’ve been interesting to see his film, sure, but I actually remember being quite disheartened by the news of Boyle being the director. It kinda felt like they were just trying to find another Sam Mendes, without hiring Mendes.

Personally, his films have never resonated with me. I’m also not a fan of his treatment of female characters. They feel quite weak and under-utilised, often reduced to the love interest role, with the exception of Naomi Harris in 28 Days Later, but then again I don’t think she was used as much as she could’ve been.

As for Fukunaga, I completely trust him. It’s a nice change to have a director who also understands the scriptwriting process. So, if these rumours regarding the script being worked on are true, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it was Fukunaga who requested more time for it. We all know that he likes to get his projects right and this fills me with more confidence than Boyle ever could have.
    I'm absolutely thrilled to announce that I will be holding a one man protest in front of EON Productions at EON House the next time I visit London.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

No shooting plan has been handed to the crew yet? Wtf? So I’m guessing that means March 4th is not happening?
    Probably not.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Well, you know what? I'm done with Bond 25. I haven't got time for this.

What is that even supposed to mean? EON must fit your agenda?

I can't believe this unreasonable impatience. To be done with a film because it doesn't get made soon enough? Are we six years old again? Santa's not coming until next Friday and you just! . can't! . wait!?
    I can now devote my time to the appreciating the original Bond timeline (1962 - 2002) which I grew up with and still love

Are you sure the 6-year gap between LTK and GE isn't going to give you heartburn?

We're Bond fans, folks, not shareholders. Our bodies aren't glued to a timebomb that will go off if Bond 25 isn't released fast enough. Nobody's saying you have to lose sleep over what other people are brewing for us somewhere, in offices far away.

This thread is becoming the biggest joke of the forum. With almost nothing but speculation, half-truths and rumours, wishful thinking and self-fulfilling prophecies, this thread should be so easy to ignore for reasonably intelligent, grown-up people. And yet, half the time it's a war zone, a back-and-forth between folks who hardly know anything at all about the movie at this point. It's also a wailing wall for people who crave content despite the tons of good stuff already available.

I just can't believe what I'm reading here. Complaints, moans, irritations, ... and for what? For a film that hasn't even begun filming yet! This teenage girl drama stuff has to come to an end. We can talk about the production of the film all we want, but if we can't do it in a normal fashion, this thread will be locked.

Thank you.

Agree completely with DarthDimi’s comments. There is PLENTY of content for us to enjoy in the meantime, and the whining accomplishes exactly nothing. Identifying a problem and suggesting that the series could be better is not the same thing as complaining, however. My approach is to forget about bond 25 altogether until filming.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Probably not.

LOL THIS IS GETTING BETTER & BETTER.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »

He didn't say for sure. But he had doubts. Now with new annoucement it's giving them a bit room to maneuver. When he said there was work being done on the script he didn't say whether it was about major changes or minor details. Of course he couldn't go into much detail.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Does anyone feel that this is becoming a good time to change Bond actor ?
    Just curious .

Absolutely not. My position on this is still that Craig should be bond for eternity. Best thing to happen to the franchise since Connery.
    Univex wrote: »
    @DarthDimi, I don't understand, this isn't like you. You're only trying to appease everybody. But listen, I asked, and I got the message, loud and clear, you and the other mods don't get what is going on and what type of manipulative conduct is being held. That is your prerogative. In the end, it's your site. This thread has grown to 2134 pages, many pages are filled with exasperated members trying to respond to the same repeated affirmation of @PanchitoPistoles regarding Christopher Nolan and Barbara Broccoli and "the great" Danny Boyle, and so on and so on. It's exhausting. He's like a bloody cancer in here. But sure, keep pretending there isn't one. Meanwhile, members will leave. For a while or for good. I don't know how the Col. or peter, or so many others are still here. Heck, I don't know how I'm still here. I've got a big life to live. These forums are supposed to be a gentlemen club to discuss common ground. But listen, for the better, I'll make myself scarce because I can't, for the life of me, see this happening to these beloved forums. I'll be around for friends. I'll respond and read the posts made by friends. I won't even engage or read the posts of this childish pot-stirrer character. Have fun with the nutter. Oh, or in his lingo, The Great Nutter.

Univex out

Forum members are entitled to express their opinion on the production. If certain members annoy you, it's very easy to ignore them. I don't agree with a lot of posts, but that doesn't give me the right to tell them not to post. It's pretty selfish to demand actions against those who you find annoying, as if you have some sort of authority on what people can and cannot say. MI6 is already a gentleman's club. Not a frat house echo-chamber.

Panchito at his worst makes me laugh. I don't see why he bothers a lot of people.

It was never a question of being annoyed by someone or someone's opinion. I don't get why you and others don't understand that. It's about someone's soul purpose being to upset other members by reiterating his position ad nauseam. He's still doing it. And even to me. And my response to it was erased, censored. Listen, like I said, I'm out. I don't care. If you and the moderators don't understand this, it's your problem. Not mine. Not anymore. I'm just here for the birds, oh and for Bond25, which thankfully is being made by producers who know this sort of thing is an event, and have learned not to rush things like they did other times. I say, good for them. And eventually, for us.