No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    edited February 2019 Posts: 754
    If this is the studio and their release dates and not the production then.. EON didn’t fumble (just the lame press release) and they are not “taking more time to get it right.” shooting date was noted as the same as before... it’s just a longer wait to see. hopefully we will be watching a press conference in a couple weeks...
  • I wonder if Panchito will come back from his self imposed exile now.

And yeah, I agree that delay statement is so impersonal.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    If this is the studio and their release dates and not the production then.. EON didn’t fumble (just the lame press release) and they are not “taking more time to get it right.” shooting date was noted as the same as before... it’s just a longer wait to see. hopefully we will be watching a press conference in a couple weeks...

This is the sane way to read it.
    And yeah, I agree that delay statement is so impersonal.

That's what bothered me. But they can easily compensate that with the press conference in just a few days time ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    To all the people who think the film has been shelved, Fukunaga is leaving or Craig is leaving. No, no and oh yeah... another no. I'm actually at my wits end with some people's assumptions.

If any of these things you've suggested were true, they wouldn't be announcing a release date? They'd be announcing exactly what they mean. We don't know why they've changed the release date. To be quite honest, they probably misjudged how much time it was going to take to get Fukunaga involved and get his vision aligned with their own.

This could be the signs that they've actually made concrete decisions. Also, it could mean, considering Mr. Robot's schedule, that they've sorted a deal with Malek, but they're going to need more time to fit him into the schedule... meaning the release date being pushed. It could be lots of different things, but don't forget it could be for good reasons as well.

I don't care when we get it, the important thing is we're getting it.

By the way @jake24, might be time to change the title :D
    One item of note; Craig was listed on the Boyle exit announcement as a producer. His name is absent here.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    ...considering Mr. Robot's schedule, that they've sorted a deal with Malek, but they're going to need more time to fit him into the schedule...

That would be wonderful. And so they could move along with the press conference in a few days, with Malek and all.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TBH, April 8 is as much a no man's land as February. They're better off, at this point, waiting until May, to kick off summer.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    TripAces wrote: »
    TBH, April 8 is as much a no man's land as February. They're better off, at this point, waiting until May, to kick off summer.
    I think you're forgetting Infinity War, and the upcoming sequel.

I'm personally not a fan of those films, but you can't argue with their numbers.
    It's going to be more than a few days until the press conference
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    13 to 17 days, I reckon. I mean, I hope.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

April has proved pretty profitable for both Marvel and the Fast & Furious series.
    Univex wrote: »
    More like end of march if we're lucky. Eon can't even make a release date I'm sure the last thing on their mind is a press conference
    We need the press conference FAST. Get some damage control on this disaster of a pre-production.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I hope so too @Univex, by the way check your DMs :D
    Well this sucks
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    Looks like that they have avoided the April 1 date release
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    How about they just wait till November 2022 so they can celebrate the 60th anniversary and beat the six year gap between LTK and GE? Wouldn't be surprised at this point.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    We need the press conference FAST. Get some damage control on this disaster of a pre-production.

My opinion as well. I guess all of us fell this way.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I hope so too @Univex, by the way check your DMs :D

;) Will do.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

April has proved pretty profitable for both Marvel and the Fast & Furious series.

True
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I wonder if Panchito will come back from his self imposed exile now.
    Wonder no more! I'm back.

Can't say this umpteenth delay surprises me. For anyone who has been paying attention it has been obvious for a while that filming was not going to start on the 4th of March, and when the filming is delayed the domino that often falls next is the release date.

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @ggl007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

I will write a lot more about my thoughts on this delay tomorrow. Stay tuned!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Remington wrote: »
    How about they just wait till November 2022 so they can celebrate the 60th anniversary and beat the six year gap between LTK and GE? Wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Yeah, it’ll give them time to get the film right
    Or whatever nonsense people are spouting
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,979
    Take the time to get the script right. That's the most important thing in the end. And the more time Fukunaga has to get invested in the script, the better.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    matt_u wrote: »
    Just realized the delay of F&F9 was announced few hours ago. This new Bond 25 delay it’s definitely part of a bigger box office strategy from Universal, so maybe we shouldn’t worry about the production itself.

This is exactly what this is.

Everyone: the script is done. Locations are getting locked. Stunts are being rehearsed. The production is moving forward.

This is a business decision done by the distributor.

UNIVERSAL is the big kahuna on this project. They are the distributors. They know what they're doing.

If anyone thinks that EoN could tell Universal to change the release dates, and not the other way around (since distribution is Universal's game), then you do hafta give your heads a shake.

When there was a collective decision to fire Boyle, and when CF asked for more prep time, Universal had to agree to the request. And with reason.

This movement to, arguably, a better time in the calendar year (and moving FF 1000) is Universal's game.

This has nothing to do with the production, script, cast, director. This has happened to many films, but now that it's happened to Bond, it must be that the production has collapsed?

Uh, no.

I’m afraid my optimism is all but shattered for now. I’m one of Craig Bond’s biggest supporters, but at this point I wonder if it’d just be better to move on to the next actor/era now.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Please don’t.

Can't say this umpteenth delay surprises me. For anyone who has been paying attention it has been obvious for a while that filming was not going to start on the 4th of March, and when the filming is delayed the domino that often falls next is the release date.

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @Archivo_007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

Hello. Again.

First, they moved forward the release date. Not the start of shooting. No yet, anyway.

Second, they have made no announced of a press conference. Not yet, anyway.

Third, no one has to apologise for standing behind the info they were given. That would be moronic.

Fourth, if you don't want to write more about your thoughts on this tomorrow I will, personally, not complain.
  • peterpeter Toronto

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @Archivo_007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

Ugh... Nothing has been delayed with filming. The production is moving forward. Rehearsals are being... locations a...r...e

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m afraid my optimism is all but shattered for now. I’m one of Craig Bond’s biggest supporters, but at this point I wonder if it’d just be better to move on to the next actor/era now.
    It'll go up again once production kicks off. I guarantee it.
    Too many writers and directors had their hands on this one it's likely to show in the script and that will translate to the film in some form or another. Just Think if they would Have compromised or worked it out with Boyle we would be filming now and getting it this fall
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The sky is not falling, people!

James Bond will return.

Sheesh.