No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    To true @FredJB007
    Well said Sir.
    "THINGS HAVE A WAY OF WORKING OUT. THEY ALWAYS DO." -Lance White (Tom Selleck)

4ef51425238f8.image.jpg
  • re: Universal. Universal couldn't change the release date unilaterally. It would have to coordinate with MGM and Annapurna (which are doing the U.S. distribution through United Artists Releasing). So the change in date required some coordination among the parties.

re: Eon. No, it does not release films. It never has. The short statement was oddly phrased (quoting Wilson and Broccoli as saying, "We are absolutely thrilled to be releasing Bond 25 on 8 April 2020.” emphasis added). But I don't read much into that. It's possible the release was done in a hurry. The news was out before the statement came out.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    FredJB007 wrote: »
    I am so tired of all this negativity. I am old enough to have seen all 24 films in theaters and I appreciate every one! Have I liked them all, no- but no movie series has stayed around as long as 007 and if it takes a few months longer, who cares! Remember the drought of ‘89 thru ‘95? Appreciate what we have and will continue to have moving forward. In Barb and Mike I trust.

This breath of fresh air is appreciated. Welcome to the forums as well (I'm sure others have already said it)!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,495
    Another benefit of moving the release date from Feb to April 2020, is the potential to have a bigger presence at the Super Bowl.

Perhaps @antovolk has greater insight in what this could potentially mean in terms of advertising and tv spot/trailer release schedules.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Unless they film Bond 25 and Bond 26 back-to-back, this film will be the last one I'll discover as a 20-something year old. I'll be turning 29 a month before the film opens. I was 15 when CR came out. To put it into perspective, in 2020 I'll be exactly half of @Birdleson's age, as he was born a few months before DN came out, thus he was 29 on my birth year (1991). And yet, at the same age, 16 Bond films came out during his lifespan, and 9 in mine.

You think you have it tough? I was 6 when QOS came out, which means I had to wait four years for skyfall, which felt like an eternity, then we got sp, and now I’ll have gone through all of high school without a bond film. I was a kid (13)when SP came out, and I’ll be a man by the time B25 comes out.

I don’t necessarily trust the source, but it wouldn’t be the least bit surprising if there are script problems going on. SP’s situation was awful in this department.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    In addition, when a new actor is cast, especially after a long hiatus there seems to be a necessity to re-introduce the character for newer audiences who may never have experienced a new Bond film on the big screen before. When re-introducing Bond there is also a drive to prove his relevance. Personally I wouldn't think that would be necessary if the films were coming out every 2-3 years and gradually moving along with the times.

Really good point. I was actually thinking about this the other day. 38% of the last 8 Bond films have focused on Bond's relevancy which is frustrating and just slows things down. We don't need justification of why we need him, especially not at this frequency when the films are too few and far between to begin with.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    @DarthDimi, I don't understand, this isn't like you. You're only trying to appease everybody. But listen, I asked, and I got the message, loud and clear, you and the other mods don't get what is going on and what type of manipulative conduct is being held. That is your prerogative. In the end, it's your site. This thread has grown to 2134 pages, many pages are filled with exasperated members trying to respond to the same repeated affirmation of @PanchitoPistoles regarding Christopher Nolan and Barbara Broccoli and "the great" Danny Boyle, and so on and so on. It's exhausting. He's like a bloody cancer in here. But sure, keep pretending there isn't one. Meanwhile, members will leave. For a while or for good. I don't know how the Col. or peter, or so many others are still here. Heck, I don't know how I'm still here. I've got a big life to live. These forums are supposed to be a gentlemen club to discuss common ground. But listen, for the better, I'll make myself scarce because I can't, for the life of me, see this happening to these beloved forums. I'll be around for friends. I'll respond and read the posts made by friends. I won't even engage or read the posts of this childish pot-stirrer character. Have fun with the nutter. Oh, or in his lingo, The Great Nutter.

Univex out
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,270
    FoxRox wrote: »

I don’t necessarily trust the source, but it wouldn’t be the least bit surprising if there are script problems going on. SP’s situation was awful in this department.

I wonder which sources JBR has. If they're still working on the script, I hope they'll have an extra look at dialogue, which has been bad for several films now.
    @DarthDimi Thank you!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 12,985
    Victimhood as a hallmark. Now celebration.

Ah, but the strawberries, that's, that's where I had them.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »
    @DarthDimi, I don't understand, this isn't like you. You're only trying to appease everybody. But listen, I asked, and I got the message, loud and clear, you and the other mods don't get what is going on and what type of manipulative conduct is being held. That is your prerogative. In the end, it's your site. This thread has grown to 2134 pages, many pages are filled with exasperated members trying to respond to the same repeated affirmation of @PanchitoPistoles regarding Christopher Nolan and Barbara Broccoli and "the great" Danny Boyle, and so on and so on. It's exhausting. He's like a bloody cancer in here. But sure, keep pretending there isn't one. Meanwhile, members will leave. For a while or for good. I don't know how the Col. or peter, or so many others are still here. Heck, I don't know how I'm still here. I've got a big life to live. These forums are supposed to be a gentlemen club to discuss common ground. But listen, for the better, I'll make myself scarce because I can't, for the life of me, see this happening to these beloved forums. I'll be around for friends. I'll respond and read the posts made by friends. I won't even engage or read the posts of this childish pot-stirrer character. Have fun with the nutter. Oh, or in his lingo, The Great Nutter.

Univex out

I'm with you on this one, I'm afraid. Respect doesn't get handed out for free. Being a member doesn't automatically grant you passage.

Apologies to you @DarthDimi - as you know I love you dearly - but however well intentioned the post may be, I see it as a complete misstep. It's unfortunate that the difference between having an opinion and repeating said opinion ad nauseam in direct conflict with the thread's intended trajectory remains unseen. Many times, is the member in question asked to elaborate and has proved repeatedly either incapable of doing so, or simply unwilling.

I'll be vacating this thread from now on. Hopefully @peter will be so kind as to keep me updated via PMs. :)
    Has anyone commented on the graphic design of the announcement post? For the first time an official post for B25 didn't have the 007 logo but BOND 25 on it. Could the lettering be a hint to the font that will be used for the title when it's announced?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    all I know is, Marvel cranks out Thor, Iron Man, Avengers and etc at a breakneck speed. And we get one 007 movie every four or five years now. With technology at hand (able to scout locations with a drone, say) why can't EON get their act together? With such huge delays between releases, you do run the risk of no longer remaining relevant in a crowded movie marketplace. THREE release dates so far? Has an 007 ever moved that much?
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    nikos78 wrote: »
    Has anyone commented on the graphic design of the announcement post? For the first time an official post for B25 didn't have the 007 logo but BOND 25 on it. Could the lettering be a hint to the font that will be used for the title when it's announced?

It's quite a nice logo and it would be cool if the official title logo followed that format, Really looking forward to the press conference which I'm betting is in a week on Thursday Feb 28th.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Birdleson wrote: »

I don't now if it means anything, but nice catch. I also I know I am one of only maybe three people on here that would welcome a film entitled 007 IN NEW YORK.

I'll take it.
    @Univex in a gentlemen club you don’t call other members nutter and you definitely do not call them cancer.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Sigh. As long as we get a cool Aston, a huge Barry like theme (NO SIMPERING BALLADS) and the gun barrel up front, I suppose February to April is doable. No more delays. Get it done.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Another benefit of moving the release date from Feb to April 2020, is the potential to have a bigger presence at the Super Bowl.

Perhaps @antovolk has greater insight in what this could potentially mean in terms of advertising and tv spot/trailer release schedules.

Super Bowl is a possibility but only if UAR would be willing to pay up. If Universal was releasing this domestically then it's be a sure bet given their past willingness to shell out for 60 second spots which are around $10 million.

Anyway with the new release date in mind I would suspect we'd get the debut teaser trailer around September/October.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia

BOND-25-Carousel-3.jpg

Bond-25-WO.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This could mean he is not 007 in the film.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Bond 25: 2 hours of M, Moneypenny, Q, and Madeleine wondering where Bond is.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    What is this in response to?
    "The release date for Bond 25 has changed."

Get Tom Cruise onboard somehow. Not as an actor, but consultant or something. Then we will have a new Bond movie every year.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Denbigh wrote: »
    What is this in response to?

QQ7s post above.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    edit
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Sing to the tune of Panic by The Smiths

"panic on the boards of MI6, panic on the internet forum, hang the film makers, hang the film makers, hang the film makers, cause the delays they constantly announce mean people don't move on with their lives"
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It’s very likely that he’s not a 00 when the film begins.