No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• People who have only watched Craig’s Bond films have no business watching Bond films. They’re not Bond fans, just Craig fans.
    I want to see : MGM logo, UA logo then " In Loving Memory of Sir Roger Moore"..................then an amazing and truly Bondian gunbarrel sequence to open the film.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    They should include a few bars of Nobody Does It Better again. That sums up Moore's tenure in seven (!) notes.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Gobi-1 wrote: »
    I would love to see a portrait of Roger in his Naval Uniform hanging up somewhere in Bond 25.

As much as I’d like that, I’d feel like that would support the code name theory. Perhaps use the Moore gunbarrel to open up the film? So for that brief shining moment, Roger Moore is James Bond again.

That's ridiculous, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I want to see : MGM logo, UA logo then " In Loving Memory of Sir Roger Moore"..................then an amazing and truly Bondian gunbarrel sequence to open the film.

That would be awesome
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    You have to let the past go.... in memory of at the end of the movie is fine. Easter egg in the movie that only fans would get would be nice touch. They may not do either of course.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Not doing "in memory of" in honor of the first James Bond actor to ever pass away is something that will and must not happen!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    After watching Spectre again tonight, I'm so thankful Craig is coming back for one last film. It would have been such a shame had that been his last film as Bond and more importantly that had been his last performance as Bond because as much as I love Craig's Bond (and honestly he's my favourite Bond) his performance in Spectre is his weakest, it's not worst portrayal of Bond in the series by any means though. The one thing almost everyone can admit about all of DC's films is his performance is always top notch. That's why his less than stellar performance is noticeable in Spectre.
    I don't believe it was Craig's fault though, the production hell that was Spectre I think affected everyone in the film and it's noticeable throughout.

Hopefully Bond 25 (Shatterhand) is a great movie and can showcase Daniel's fantastic Bond at least one last time. Anyways can't wait for some leaks or news
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    [qu
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    You have to let the past go.... in memory of at the end of the movie is fine. Easter egg in the movie that only fans would get would be nice touch. They may not do either of course.

This.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    doubleoego wrote: »
    [qu
    DoctorNo wrote: »

This.

Yeah, as much as it would be cool, I think it would be inappropriate for a bond film to have “in memory of”. My main evidence being that when Fleming died, there was not reference made in Goldfinger
    All for a tribute to Moore before the gunbarrel. And maybe give Craig flared trousers for the gunbarrel.

Was honestly a bit hurt that John Barry didn't get a tribute in Skyfall. But then, I guess Binder, Saltzman and Maibaum missed out too.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 13,032
  • The best tribute would be craig using the "useful 4 letter word" line.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    The best tribute would be craig using the "useful 4 letter word" line.

Or perhaps Roger's legendary "OOOOOOOROOHHHHHH!" could be inserted during an action sequence.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The guy entertained us for over a decade in the role, and remained loyal to the series even in his final days. To not recognise his contributions and mark his passing with a simple one sentence tribute at the end of the film would be a massive insult.
    Did fukunaga say a view to a kill was among one of his favorite bond films? If so I could see him casting malek as a zorin type villain. Maybe even some influence off of the plot as wrll
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Sigh...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,755
    What the hell? A Wednesday?
    Eon just doesn't care anymore, next it'll be November 2020.
    I'm calling BS. No way EON wouldn't announce that. Maybe he mixed up what the cinematographer said about filming? What say you, @peter ?
    I stand corrected, they tweeted about it.
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS MOVIE?!
    Just cancel the film at this point. There’s no way it doesn’t end up a disaster.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Not happy but remaining optimistic nonetheless. The February release date would have been cool.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,755
    For God’s sake, give us something in the meantime to make up for all these delays. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Not even an explanation why.
    Seriously?!?! That’s infuriating at this point.
    Everybody take a deep breath. It's ok. 2 more months to get the film right. Fine by me