Moderating the forum

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How come it is ok to say "n-word", but not the actual n-word?

And how come it is ok to say f..k, but not the actual f-word? And so on.

Are you counting on the fact people are morons?
  • They won't let us say fink anymore???
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not being able to say the n-word should be beyond obvious. The "actual f-word" has never been allowed either, and is edited when noticed. Continual attempts to get away with it do result in a warning.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Not being able to say the n-word should be beyond obvious. The "actual f-word" has never been allowed either, and is edited when noticed. Continual attempts to get away with it do result in a warning.

But I understand perfectly well what you are saying here, in a badly concealed way. We both just said it, without spelling it out.
    Just to be absolutely clear: I didn t mean nazi. I see that word all the time, derogatory as it is.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40,372
    Creasy47 wrote: »

But I understand perfectly well what you are saying here, in a badly concealed way. We both just said it, without spelling it out.

Well that's the "PC" way of sidestepping actually saying the word, I suppose, but obviously there's no spot on these forums where it should be said.
    So hinting is allowed? OK, I get it.
  • This being a family forum (just don't let the kids wander into the "Bond Girl Fridays" aisle), it's a PG/PC way of referencing explicit/derogatory language when one is addressing say a Fleming chapter title or an exchange of dialogue from Skyfall. I'm sure that even in its censored form, it would not be permissible to post
    "You like Argentina? F___ you!"
    to one of your fellow board members.
    This being a family forum (just don't let the kids wander into the "Bond Girl Fridays" aisle), it's a PG/PC way of referencing explicit/derogatory language when one is addressing say a Fleming chapter title or an exchange of dialogue from Skyfall. I'm sure that even in its censored form, it would not be permissible to post
    This being a family forum (just don't let the kids wander into the "Bond Girl Fridays" aisle), it's a PG/PC way of referencing explicit/derogatory language when one is addressing say a Fleming chapter title or an exchange of dialogue from Skyfall. I'm sure that even in its censored form, it would not be permissible to post

That goes without saying. That is hate speech. Although I see a lot of that getting a pass as well.
    I'm sure I've posted chapter titles/that bit from SF uncensored in the past. Doing that is going to be a lot more understandable than blatantly using those terms in another sense, or even using them to attack another member - that's a big no no.
  • Yes, the Bond films got by fine for 50 years without the f-word, and I imagine it could easily go another 50 or more without using it again.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Closed until next update
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Regarding the flagging of posts which members believe are breaking forum rules, could I respectfully ask that you explain a little more clearly the reasons for the flag.

We have to agree that the poster has broken the Ts & Cs, so any help you can provide is appreciated. One word explanations can be of little use.

Thanks
  • NicNac wrote: »
    Regarding the flagging of posts which members believe are breaking forum rules, could I respectfully ask that you explain a little more clearly the reasons for the flag.

We have to agree that the poster has broken the Ts & Cs, so any help you can provide is appreciated. One word explanations can be of little use.

Thanks

THIS SUCKS! (Two words more helpful?)
  • "I'm not sure this warrants its own discussion, so please continue here:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread#latest";

Hey, Jake24, go and blow up your pants!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    On several occasions when I have clicked on a thread, it has taken me to a completely different thread.

Has anyone else had this issue, not sure if it's my phone that's causing the problem.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    shamanimal wrote: »
    "I'm not sure this warrants its own discussion, so please continue here:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/2843/the-james-bond-questions-thread#latest";

Hey, Jake24, go and blow up your pants!
    I'm not sure if you're being silly or if you took it way too personally, but plenty of threads are closed because the topic can easily fit into another area of discussion. There's no point in creating a thread for one question regarding CR. That's what the Questions Thread is for.
  • jetsetwilly007jetsetwilly007 Petersfield
    Hi all. Long time no see

I’ve been trying these past few months to login as I normally do with Facebook which doesn’t work anymore. My login is jetsetwilly

I’ve had to create a new login just to let you know it isn’t working

Please can you fix it so I can log back in again

Thanks

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Hi @jetsetwilly007, welcome back!!!!!! Good to see you!!! probably best to PM a mod on this issue though.
    Birdleson wrote: »

The BOND 25 production thread has recently been closed due to unacceptable chiding, insults, mockery and excessive Flagging. It seems that some of the same issues we were having over there have moved over to a couple of other threads. If this continues, official warnings followed by further possible action will be allotted as deemed necessary in order to get these boards back to some semblance of proper decorum. Please believe us when we say we’d rather these issues and warnings never arose, but certain members seem to be unable to function in reasonable harmony.

For a moment I read that the Bond 25 production has been closed. My heart skipped a beat.
    Can someone please tell me who manages the @jamesbondlive twitter account?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Can someone please tell me who manages the @jamesbondlive twitter account?

There are several people who manage @jamesbondlive it's a group effort.
    What can we help you with @PanchitoPistoles?
    Might I ask the mod team why some of the conversations in the activity page are being deleted?

My understanding is that the last time this subject was discussed, the community was asked to "reduce the footfall on the Activity page a little please. We need to be able to sift through new members, and there are so many conversations going on on there that it makes it quite difficult."

I'd say the footfall has been reduced. It is only occassionally that these conversations spring up and they're certainly not as long as they used to be. And this is not only because of the expectation that they might eventually be deleted, but simply out of habit. It was a bit disheartening to see a recent conversation disappear even though it was only about five posts long and was practically over.

And for some reason some of the conversations vanish while others stay in place, even though most of them are rather similar in tone: lighthearted and inconsequential.

Do you want people to use the Activity page at all? If so, what do you want them to use it for? Just so we're all clear on how to proceed.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Matt, isn't it is obvious someone here is super jealous of our wittiness?

It's the reason I rarely contribute there anymore. There was an instance a couple of years ago where a good-natured member was singled out and had his comment deleted (the first comment in a conversation totaling three or four comments), to which several of us questioned the reasoning behind it being deleted. It wasn't even a joke comment, but a simple harmless statement - and the fact is, whoever deleted it weirdly overreacted. Completely unjustified, and no explanation given.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,185
    QBranch wrote: »
    Matt, isn't it is obvious someone here is super jealous of our wittiness?

ca2033e8-ac5c-4443-82a6-b1fafdb38e03_text_hi.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

tenor.gif?itemid=5199304
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Speaking for the mod team, I can honestly say none of us has deleted a comment in the activity page, @mattjoes.

First of all, it wouldn't happen without it first being discussed among the moderators. No such discussions were had in a very long time.

Secondly, I don't think anything objectionable was posted on the activity page recently, so, once again, we didn't have any conversations about deleting posts from said page these past few months or even years.

We are looking into a possible glitch in the system.
    Could be the ‘nine eyes’ project hitting MI6 x we must have a SPECTRE agent among us DD !!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I knew it!
    I'm telling you, @barryt007, there's no way @Dragonpol can be trusted. He's almost certainly stroking his white cat right now.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I knew it!
    I'm telling you, @barryt007, there's no way @Dragonpol can be trusted. He's almost certainly stroking his white cat right now.

True !!
    He is just too nice and friendly , pretending he is a totally nice chap .
This discussion has been closed.