No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Brothergate really opened doors that should’ve been closed for eternity, didn’t it?

The awfully insane is now a possibility, unless they restore confidence with Bond25’s story.

This one really is that important, cannon wise and particularly for us fans.

But i do have hope.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    And their kid will in fact be the protagonist of the movie ;)
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png
    Credit goes to @marketto007
    Don't even jest !!
    Cast Maryam d'Abo as his braindead aunt, perhaps, @barryt007? :D
    barryt007 wrote: »
    And their kid will in fact be the protagonist of the movie ;)
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png
    Credit goes to @marketto007
    Don't even jest !!
    Cast Maryam d'Abo as his braindead aunt, perhaps, @barryt007? :D

That would be awesome!

Yes,and he has to put her out of her misery in the PTS, but only has a machete and hand grenade to hand.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    leolux-leeuw-placeholder.png

cyclone-62959_1280-630x354.jpg

Eve: I think you're just getting started ;)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I wonder how much will be shot in Pinewood and how much will be shot on location?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There are plenty of pinewoods in Norway.
    There are plenty of pinewoods in Norway.

Boom boom...and for Thundy's next trick.....
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 832
    Eon are not in a corrner with bond 25, any more than they were after ohmss. They can just ignore sp.
    All I can say is at least we are another day closer to learning the facts.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    February will be rich with news.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    RogueAgent wrote: »

What makes you say this?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

What makes you say this?

The fact that a film is coming...
  • Adding more speculation to the Norway rumours - Krstine Froseth is in Norway:
    https://www.instagram.com/kristine_froseth/
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Adding more speculation to the Norway rumours - Krstine Froseth is in Norway:

I didn't realize how young Froseth is. This is creepy as hell. Fukunaga is 41 and can get any woman he wants...and he goes for a 22-year-old? Off topic, I know, but this worries me a little. LOL
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    TripAces wrote: »

I didn't realize how young Froseth is. This is creepy as hell. Fukunaga is 41 and can get any woman he wants...and he goes for a 22-year-old? Off topic, I know, but this worries me a little. LOL
    Maybe she's an especially mature 22 year old and he's a young at heart 41 year old? It won't seem as creepy when he's 81 and she's 62, assuming they stick around together.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondjames wrote: »

Maybe she's an especially mature 22 year old and he's a young at heart 41 year old? It won't seem as creepy when he's 81 and she's 62, assuming they stick around together.

I was going to add that as you get older, a 20-year gap lessens. But still...gadzooks. 41 and 22?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I was going to add that as you get older, a 20-year gap lessens. But still...gadzooks. 41 and 22?
    It's on the wide end of things for sure, but hey, if it works I'm cool with it. So many don't work, despite closer age gaps.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619

He went for a 22 year old exactly because he can get any woman he wants.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Fixing Spectre... you can make the organization more menacing, but you can’t fix Brofeld. People think it’s Waltz performance and I’m sure they’re are momentary improvements to make, but you can’t fix his motivation. The brother angle is so inane that it’s hopeless to try. So it’s best someone else is running Spectre or shelve it until a later date. But if a new villain is running Spectre, yes Swann could obviously be the link to tracking that person down.

Imo there's no need to fix anything in SP. But if they're goin to further develop the Bond-Madeleine relationship it would certainly represent a benefit for the previous film, since in SP their relationship was too rushed. Regarding Blofeld well, I don't see any problem in his motivations, since he starts to toy with Bond only once Bond started to interfere with his dirty business. Plus, I always loved the notion of Blofeld being a "specter" in Bond's life as a double agent. Of curse the overall execution could've been better, but it was a nice touch.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Maddy is the villain who stayed undercover for five years, half a decade, before revealing herself to Bond?

And secret agent James Bond was clueless for five years, half a decade, before she reveals herself to him?

Uh...

Precisely, if Maddy was revealed to be a villain in Bond 25 it would make a nonsense of everything that happened to her in SP.

Yes exactly. As I said yesterday, a similar twist would make SP completely pointless, from a character perspective.
    In all seriousness, I hope they use her in more than a Trench capacity, and I also hope that they don't attempt to play up a romance that didn't really click in the first instance.

Therefore, with the amount of time that has passed since SP, they could open with her out of the picture. Not mentioned at all. So we, the audience, can choose to speculate as to what happened. Then midway through the film, her professional services are required, or perhaps she is called upon by MI6 (or Bond) because of something she may know about the past that can help with the current threat or assignment (whatever that may be). It is at this point that the history of what happened after SP is revealed, during a (tense?) encounter with Bond as he attempts to persuade her to do what it is they want for the greater good.

In this fashion her involvement relies more on her expertise (playing into #MeToo) rather than the fact that she's Bond's squeeze (a bit passe in this liberated and energized day and age).

That would be my hope anyway. Even a scene where she uses her psych skills (in a more interesting manner than she did in the useless Hoffler scene) would be a plus for me.

Totally agree! This is exactly the right approach for her character.

Ahah, nice one. That made me laugh, Panchito. Good show.
    There is absolutely no reason you can't make a very very good Bond film that incorporates plot elements from Spectre and acknowledges that continuity. No reason.

Whether or not Fukunaga is creative enough to be able to pull it off is another question.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Observation: the Norway locations could easily double for
    Canada.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,958

This happens all the time. Look at DiCaprio and his series of gfs. Very common in Hollywood.

I still doubt that Madeleine is the main love interest in SP. Eon likes to go for new actors in the main roles (for that reason, we won't see Dona Lucia or Hinx again). Madeleine either breaks up with Bond, turns evil, or is killed. Or maybe she is called in for some sort of expertise on Spectre and she and Bond have an awkward reunion. Kind of like another Paris.

It's interesting to speculate...Occam's Razor still says she is killed. That's the easiest dramatic shortcut to get Bond back into the Service, without spending half an hour to get there.
    Is there not a possibility that she is recruited by MI6?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Canada.

Why use a country to double for another when you can just go to that country?
    If it’s a logistical or safety reason then it makes sense.
    But neither Norway or Canada are hotspots to avoid. Both would prove logistics problems in their own way.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Benny wrote: »
    Canada.

But neither Norway or Canada are hotspots to avoid. Both would prove logistics problems in their own way.

I believe Canada is a lot cheaper. Look how many films and TV shows shoot there.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Canada.

Bond has always used other locations to double for different places. SF used the Med around Turkey as a (unconvincing) double for the South China Sea. SF also used the generally quite flat Salisbury Plain as a double for the generally quite craggy Scottish Highlands.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Maddy is the villain who stayed undercover for five years, half a decade, before revealing herself to Bond?

And secret agent James Bond was clueless for five years, half a decade, before she reveals herself to him?

Uh...

Exactly. That would be up there as one if the dumbest ideas and plot points for the series.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Canada.

Bond has always used other locations to double for different places. SF used the Med around Turkey as a (unconvincing) double for the South China Sea. SF also used the generally quite flat Salisbury Plain as a double for the generally quite craggy Scottish Highlands.

Haha. You can't resist any opportunity to poke at SF, do you? ;))

Almost all of the Bond films do this location doubling.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

Uh...

Exactly. That would be up there as one if the dumbest ideas and plot points for the series.

Agreed. Folding this story back on itself again will not be the way out of this thicket. I think, if anything, it all needs ironing out. Either:

-Swan is killed, motivating Bond
    -Swan is simply never mentioned again, like dozens of other women before her
    -Swan and Bond have a platonic relationship (as with MP) and she collaborates on a case

Adding more surprise moments ("it was her all along!") would be like doubling down on what annoyed us about Brothergate, in my opinion.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Well, the return of Seydoux is locked since her presence was confirmed by the director himself.

I just pray she's not going to be revealed as a secret double agent. It would be something truly annoying since :

1. Bond already experienced betrayal from Vesper;
    2. A turnaround like this would make SP pointless;
    3. Bond cannot be cheated this way anymore.

What if Bond found out she was a double agent in the PTS, and had to kill her? Then he loses his mind, Garden of Death, etc. At least that would be a different take than Tracy redux.

All of this just redoubles my frustration with SP: it was a good enough film, but

a) given the money and talent, it could have been far better, and
    b) it has painted EON into a hell of a corner.

If Seydoux is indeed to return (and to have some role in the story, or to mean something to Bond and us when she's killed off) they needed to have spent far more time in SP convincing us that she matters and that her relationship with Bond is meaningful. Re-watch OHMSS or CR if you need to see it done right. Instead we lavished time on the 9-eyes subplot or the Rome car chase or any number of other things, and none will mean much in B25.

There is a way out of it. I have spoken of this for a few years, now. A pattern has emerged across all four of DC's films: his being an orphan and his training for MI6 seem inextricably linked. This is important, because the fact that Blofeld and Bond were once foster brothers may not be a coincidence at all.

Tell us more. . .