No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Univex wrote: »
    At least since DAD.

Wasn't there one for GE? Or was that Pierce's presentation? Can't remember for TND, though.
    There was one for GE, @Univex. One separately done for Pierce's announcement as Bond (with him appearing bearded and all), and another for the announcement for the entire production of the film.

Can't recall seeing one for TND and TWINE, however. Did CR also get one apart from the announcement of Craig taking over the role?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Univex wrote: »
    At least since DAD.

Wasn't there one for GE? Or was that Pierce's presentation? Can't remember for TND, though.
    There was one for GE, @Univex. One separately done for Pierce's announcement as Bond (with him appearing bearded and all), and another for the announcement for the entire production of the film.

Can't recall seeing one for TND and TWINE, however. Did CR also get one apart from the announcement of Craig taking over the role?

I have definitely watched a TWINE press conference, but I'm not sure which stage of production it took place.
    Did CR also get one apart from the announcement of Craig taking over the role?

Yes, in Prague.
    Can't recall seeing one for TND and TWINE, however.
    Neither can I.

Yes, I remember those. I was quite happy at the time. Good old days ;)

And do you remember one for TLD with Dalton smoking?
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Possible News Update: Cary Fukunaga almost dropped out of Bond 25 / Henry Cavill eyed for a role in Bond 25 as a 00-agent? Possibly, Bond in Bond 26

Stay tuned till the 40th minute of the video.

The scoop comes from Jeff Sneider - who has bonafides in the industry for industry news. For example, he broke the news today that Zendaya was to join the join the Dune film, amongst a host of other scoops.

I recommend we spam his Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheInSneider

I had a really bad dream that Fukunaga dropped out last night. I'd truly hate to see that happen. But are people's Henry Cavill dreams about to come true?

source.gif

Personally, I'm growing exhausted of Bond 25 already, can't we get the reboot now?
    Personally, I'm growing exhausted of Bond 25 already, can't we get the reboot now?

That feeling will disappear as soon as they do the press conference and we get a synopsis, a title and the first pics of filming.

Or not...
    Will the B25 pre-production woes just end already? I’m feeling like this could be a cursed film if Fukunaga suddenly drops out.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Possible News Update: Cary Fukunaga almost dropped out of Bond 25 / Henry Cavill eyed for a role in Bond 25 as a 00-agent? Possibly, Bond in Bond 26

The scoop comes from Jeff Sneider - who has bonafides in the industry for industry news. For example, he broke the news today that Zendaya was to join the join the Dune film, amongst a host of other scoops.

I had a really bad dream that Fukunaga dropped out last night. I'd truly hate to see that happen. But are people's Henry Cavill dreams about to come true?

source.gif

Uh...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Will the B25 pre-production woes just end already? I’m feeling like this could be a cursed film if Fukunaga suddenly drops out.
    Five weeks out? His reputation would plummet down the toilet, that's for sure.

Not a good sign, that's for sure - if he did want to leave at some point. It really already is a cursed film. Now they just need to break the curse. Many brilliant films were born out of a troubled production.
    I’m suddenly not feeling so good if this rumor is true. I hate to be pessimistic but it’s been an exceptionally troubled pre-production.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This guy heard a rumour?... Nothing about what sparked it, not even an attempt to explain why CF was going to drop out??

(that's coz it never happened)...

In the immortal words of Roger Moore "... sounds like a load of bull"...

And this idea that EoN fell in love with Cavill and he'd have a role in B25?... that would lead to him being the.... uh... lost me... No, no, no, no, no...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Some react to rumors like cats respond to a laser pointer. ;)
    peter wrote: »
    This guy heard a rumour?... Nothing about what sparked it, not even an attempt to explain why CF was going to drop out??

And this idea that EoN fell in love with Cavill and he'd have a role in B25?... that would lead to him being the.... uh... lost me... No, no, no, no, no...

Yes, it all sounds like a load of bull. Steamy one at that. Bunch of Americans who think they are in the know. Rubbish.
    talos7 wrote: »

Not assuming 100% it’s a true rumor, but there’s a lot of reason to be skeptical with how much has gone wrong up to this point. More bad things wouldn’t be a surprise just being honest. I’m not one to board the freak-out train normally but there have been less than fortunate vibes surrounding this film for a while now.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Henry Cavill is not going to be in Bond 25, unless they want to be accused of basically just making Fallout but with Daniel Craig...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

source.gif

Uh...

He almost dropped out? Ok, so what prompted him to stay on? Not good.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »

Not assuming 100% it’s a true rumor, but there’s a lot of reason to be skeptical with how much has gone wrong up to this point. More bad things wouldn’t be a surprise just being honest. I’m not one to board the freak-out train normally but there have been less than fortunate vibes surrounding this film for a while now.

I understand your point, but following the change of Director, nothing legitimate has happened to validate any of the rumors above;

• peterpeter Toronto
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

source.gif

Uh...

CF didnt almost leave B25, and Cavill wasn't offered a role in it, either.

Jeez...

As far as breaking casting news, DL's been doing it on Dune and other films for the last few days.

This guy is a nobody working at a nerd site (which I like and read, btw), but is not recommended reading for film-facts, lol!
    with how much has gone wrong up to this point.
    This is nothing... please go on any film set on any given day: there is always a fire, or fires to put out...

Over n Out...

source.gif

Uh...

Jeez...

As far as breaking casting news, DL's been doing it on Dune and other films for the last few days.

This guy is a nobody working at a nerd site (which I like and read, btw), but is not recommended reading for film-facts, lol!
    This is nothing... please go on any film set on any given day: there is always a fire, or fires to put out...

Over n Out...

Regardless, I simply cannot deal with these rumors anymore. I’m still traumatized over Boyle leaving & I feel like history is going to repeat itself. This movie needs to hurry up & start filming ASAP.
  • peterpeter Toronto

source.gif

Uh...

Jeez...

Over n Out...

Regardless, I simply cannot deal with these rumors anymore. I’m still traumatized over Boyle leaving & I feel like history is going to repeat itself. This movie needs to hurry up & start filming ASAP.

With or without Henry Cavill in a supporting role?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I just feel they need to just clean and start over for some excitement back

source.gif

Uh...

Jeez...

Over n Out...

With or without Henry Cavill in a supporting role?

Without, Peter. I don’t care about Cavill. Frankly I don’t want him in a Bond movie because I feel like he’d take away from Craig’s spotlight.

I’m more concerned about the Fukunaga dropping out rumor.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'm one of the Cavill supporters, but only for B26 as Bond, not as another double-o. Anyway, this is all rumours for now, sooner than we think, we'll be hearing big news.

source.gif

That second rumour is obviously bullcrap! Casting the next Bond in the same film, passing the torch?? That is the most stupid thing I have heard in quite a while!

Because of that I have even less of a reason to believe the first rumour...

@peter I don't see eon doing that pulling a Charles gray role reversal on James bond be messed up
    jobo wrote: »

source.gif

That second rumour is obviously bullcrap! Casting the next Bond in the same film, passing the torch?? That is the most stupid thing I have heard in quite a while!

Because of that I have even less of a reason to believe the first rumour...

@jobo yeah that is a bit nonsense
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I'm one of the Cavill supporters, but only for B26 as Bond, not as another double-o. Anyway, this is all rumours for now, sooner than we think, we'll be hearing big news.

@marketto007 is this your way of saying that you expect news soon? Baz only has 4 Thursday’s before filming is scheduled to begin...

@peter is reassuring - but I’m very anxious about this film. The quicker it actually starts filming, the better.

This is going to be the slowest 4 weeks of my life...
    It's quite silly to assume there's nothing wrong or out of the ordinary with this production. The film's director left three months before principle photography began, the script then had to be completely rehauled and production was delayed. Over the last few months up to now, there has most definitely been a certain level of turmoil in the writer's room and you can bet that we'll be reading about it in the next edition of Some Kind of Hero.

However, stop panicking based on speculation that has absolutely no merit. Just because we're not learning about every production decision as they happen does not mean they are struggling or leaving everything down to the last minute. Just wait four weeks and many concerns will likely be put to rest.