No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I don't get why another "S" title is something to shoot for. That seems extremely hokey to me...like a series of children books.

S'up, Mr. Bond?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I don't get why another "S" title is something to shoot for. That seems extremely hokey to me...like a series of children books.

S'up, Mr. Bond?

It could have been worse...

Swag 007
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I call her Babs. I don't dislike her but I don't know her either. I call Albert 'Cubby' too. Just a nickname. Nothing more, nothing less. Think of it as a term of endearment if it makes you happy. Easier to type as well.

Regarding going back to P&W, perhaps it's too early to draw definite conclusions either way. The working title could be just that, in lieu of it being called something else. It doesn't mean that the final film will have that title.
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    Why call it Shatterhand even as a working title though? Has to be a Blofeld reference. My appetite has been whet.
    robcope wrote: »
    Why call it Shatterhand even as a working title though?
    It's a fair question, but do we know for how long it has had that title? Perhaps they just didn't change it after they went to Boyle. I'm just asking because I have no idea.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 15,748
    robcope wrote: »
    Why call it Shatterhand even as a working title though? Has to be a Blofeld reference. My appetite has been whet.

Maybe the plot involves Blofeld's kid revenging his/her father? More family connections to enjoy!
    I’m annoyed if true
    I have always hated the word "Shatterhand", the tought if this possibly becoming the title of an official Bond film makes me SICK.
    I have always hated the word "Shatterhand", the tought if this possibly becoming the title of an official Bond film makes me SICK.

I now love it
    Risico007 wrote: »

I now love it

giphy.gif
    peter wrote: »
    thank you @CraigMooreOHMSS ... I didn't exactly love the last film, but, like you I've never disliked any of Craig's performances either. I think this hate has gone a little wild-fire, fuelled by tabloid gossip of Craig having temper tantrums.

One of our members posted a long list of very renowned directors and actors Craig has worked with-- not one has a bad word to say (just the opposite, in fact). You'd think if the guy was a douche, a few of those people would have leaked something.

I have also said that ppl in the industry love the guy. I'm presently working with a man that worked with him on multiple occasions as a second unit/stunt team, and his people love him; an industry member of this site who no longer comments here (because he was verbally kicked and called a liar) knows people who have also worked with DC and admire him as a man and as an actor.

The only ones calling him a diva are some papers like The Sun or the Mirror-- and haters on this site gobble it up...

Deadline, which has consistently broken news on Bond (and has been correct), has never reported this bad behaviour....

Industry people praise him.

And, maybe there's a reason why Babs loves him-- because, apart from his sardonic humour that's purposefully misread so there are headlines tomorrow-- he actually cares about the legacy of Bond, and his role in that legacy.

Glad to see someone paint Craig in a positive light! These last few pages have been dire to catch up on!

I'm all for Shatterhand to be a title as I've long wanted a more faithful adaptation of YOLT, not that that is an indicator of what we're getting. As far as I know, there was no Blue Harvest occurring in Return of The Jedi. I really don't know why the letter S upsets so many members on this board, either.
    Shatterhand isn’t a bad title. That being said, the one-word “S” title trend is wearing out its welcome, and my Top 2 titles I’d like to see are “The Property of a Lady” and “Risico.”
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 15,748
    JET007 wrote: »
    I really don't know why the letter S upsets so many members on this board, either.

It's the three in a row that annoys me - and single word titles for the third time as well (if it is Shatterhand, that is)
    Wouldn't it be a bit anticlimactic to have a working title that is known and then becomes the official title? I thought they like to make a big hoopla about these things at their big announcement, and we're quite a few months away from that.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a bit anticlimactic to have a working title that is known and then becomes the official title? I thought they like to make a big hoopla about these things at their big announcement, and we're quite a few months away from that.

Yeah, highly unlikely Imo.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    In terms of demange if he has already gotten the gig then they will probably wait until the release of white boy rick to announce his involvement which comes out September 15
    In terms of demange if he has already gotten the gig then they will probably wait until the release of white boy rick to announce his involvement which comes out September 15
    Good point. The only issue I see with this is that everyone will be asking him about Bond and it will overshadow hype and marketing for the film he is meant to be promoting. Something similar happened with Logan Lucky. So they may want to wait until that promo is done before springing the announcement imho.

That would make sense!
    Would rather it was Mackenzie, but Demange will be interesting!
    Oh and I'm ok with 'Shatterhand', better than SKYFALL, which I've always disliked!
    Good point. The only issue I see with this is that everyone will be asking him about Bond and it will overshadow hype and marketing for the film he is meant to be promoting. Something similar happened with Logan Lucky. So they may want to wait until that promo is done before springing the announcement imho.

How long does promotional duties go on for, really?
    SHATTERHAND
    STAVRO
    SUPERNOVA
    SUNCHILD
    SOLARIS
    SATURN
    SEVENTH SON
    SUN TSU
    SPYKILLER
    SORDID SOD

I'm not sure. It will depend on how the release is staggered. Couple of months, I would think. He probably has a requirement to do the rounds too, which will keep him busy.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Why I think it would be a smart move to announce then is to increase box office returns for white boy rick
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython The Black Lodge
    edited August 2018 Posts: 5,449
    I've never really liked the Shatterhand title. If that ends up as the final title, it will take some time to acknowledge, like Skyfall and Spectre.

Also; another "S" title…?

Why is having another title that starts with an "S" an issue?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Shatterhand isn’t a bad title. That being said, the one-word “S” title trend is wearing out its welcome, and my Top 2 titles I’d like to see are “The Property of a Lady” and “Risico.”

Exactly. I actually like the title SHATTERHAND, but then it becomes too "cute" with the one word "S"es.

It is a bit off-putting. Still, I would accept this title for Bond 25 over many other potential choices. Sadly, we are probably a long ways off from any official title announcement - likely no earlier than December.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Above The Shatterhand
    Shatterhand To Kill
    Marked For Shatterhand
    On Deadly Shatterhand
    Shatterhand Down Below
    The Shatterhand Man

...etc.

Wilson opened the Skyfall press conference saying he'd "like to confirm the worst kept secret in London, the title of the film..." so I wouldn't count it out just yet.

I'm not sure. It will depend on how the release is staggered. Couple of months, I would think. He probably has a requirement to do the rounds too, which will keep him busy.

Thanks. If he does get the gig, I wonder when it's best to announce it. Might give a boost for the promotional tour if it's announced early.
    I've never really liked the Shatterhand title. If that ends up as the final title, it will take some time to acknowledge, like Skyfall and Spectre.

Also; another "S" title…?

Why is having another title that starts with an "S" an issue?

Skyfall, Spectre, Shatterhand. @Birdleson and @FoxRox shares my view on the matter:
    FoxRox wrote: »

Exactly. I actually like the title SHATTERHAND, but then it becomes too "cute" with the one word "S"es.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited August 2018 Posts: 3,157
    I think they should re-title all the previous Bond movies so that they start with an "S"

For example:

SEEK OUT DR. NO
    SINCERELY, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
    SIR GOLDFINGER
    SAFETY MANAGEMENT: THUNDERBALL
    SO, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
    SECRET SERVICE
    SPECIAL DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
    SAY LIVE AND LET DIE

And so on...
    Walecs wrote: »
    I think they should re-title all previous Bond movies so that they start with an "S"

For example:

SEEK OUT DR. NO
    SINCERELY, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
    SIR GOLDFINGER
    SAFETY MANAGEMENT: THUNDERBALL
    SO, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
    SECRET SERVICE
    SPECIAL DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
    SAY LIVE AND LET DIE

And so on...

Hahaha, brilliant! :))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe Given the circumstances
    I don't see any problem with the title SHATTERHAND.