No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think it's best we wait for an official announcement or some of us will be getting very worked up over something which could be a load of BS.

I don't see them totally abandoning Hodge's script, also Shatterhand as been out there for sometime now, a tabloid quoted it as a title.

As for Boyle being the one wanting to kill Bond off sounds far more credible to the other way round, maybe they initially said yes and then as time went on decided it wasn't a good idea.

I still think Boyle might have been in over his head and was looking for a get out as time went on, he's never been involved in this type of production and had already casted doubt on this with some early comments.

Possibly them nixing the idea was the last straw and this is why he walked. As long as they secure a director soon I'll look at his departure as bump in the road and possibly a blessing in disguise.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited August 2018 Posts: 5,921
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I think it's best we wait for an official announcement or some of us will be getting very worked up over something which could be a load of BS.

I don't see them totally abandoning Hodge's script, also Shatterhand as been out there for sometime now, a tabloid quoted it as a title.

As for Boyle being the one wanting to kill Bond off sounds far more credible to the other way round, maybe they initially said yes and then as time went on decided it wasn't a good idea.

I still think Boyle might have been in over his head and was looking for a get out as time went on, he's never been involved in this type of production and had already casted doubt on this with some early comments.

Possibly them nixing the idea was the last straw and this is why he walked. As long as they secure a director soon I'll look at his departure as bump in the road and possibly a blessing in disguise.

The difference is Production Weekly is not a tabloid. It's an industry publication for crewing up movies.

I was in support of the Boyle experiment (as it turned out), but if there ever were a right time to do a faithful YOLT, it is now, and with this Bond actor.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Somebody help me out here so if they return to the purvis and wade script completely and hire demange to direct it can they still make the 2019 release date?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2018 Posts: 7,969
    Somebody help me out here so if they return to the purvis and wade script completely and hire demange to direct it can they still make the 2019 release date?

That's nearly what happened before they hired Boyle, so I assume so, if they get a move on. Sort of like going back to plan A.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    There is no way that eon is going to delay bond 25 any further so right now they are probably pulling all the stops to prevent a delay
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    There is no way that eon is going to delay bond 25 any further so right now they are probably pulling all the stops to prevent a delay

That means Yann demange.
    There is no way to "unsee" Bond and Blofeld as step brothers. The series is simply in the wrong hands at this point no matter what director steps in. OK, what's with the "kill Bond and resurrect him like Dr. Who" nonsense?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Kill Bond and resurrect him like Dr. Who?

Yeah, uh, that's Internet garbage; Barbara Brocolli or Michael Wilson have never stated anything of the kind, although some here seem to think they have. I mean, it's "Babs is ruining everything" all the time.

Hey, calling her "Babs"... that's so hipster, you cute angry people, you. ;-)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited August 2018 Posts: 5,921
    Hey, I call her Babs and I like her! :) Getting back the rights to CR was a masterstroke.
    I call my main man, Michael, "Mickey G."
    That's probably hipster as well.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Shatterhand... I like it.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Wish Cubby was still here to be very honest
    I've never really liked the Shatterhand title. If that ends up as the final title, it will take some time to acknowledge, like Skyfall and Spectre.

Also; another "S" title…?
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    Thought my desire to have Shatterhand as a title was done after two straight single-word "S" titles came. Would love to see an evolution and continuation of ESB, so maybe this is a hint.
    Wish Cubby was still here to be very honest

I do as well. We'd probably have quite a few more Bond films to enjoy since LTK.

If SHATTERHAND is indeed the title I'll be more than thrilled.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I don't get why another "S" title is something to shoot for. That seems extremely hokey to me...like a series of children books.

S'up, Mr. Bond?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I don't get why another "S" title is something to shoot for. That seems extremely hokey to me...like a series of children books.

S'up, Mr. Bond?

It could have been worse...

Swag 007
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I call her Babs. I don't dislike her but I don't know her either. I call Albert 'Cubby' too. Just a nickname. Nothing more, nothing less. Think of it as a term of endearment if it makes you happy. Easier to type as well.

Regarding going back to P&W, perhaps it's too early to draw definite conclusions either way. The working title could be just that, in lieu of it being called something else. It doesn't mean that the final film will have that title.
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    Why call it Shatterhand even as a working title though? Has to be a Blofeld reference. My appetite has been whet.
    robcope wrote: »
    Why call it Shatterhand even as a working title though?
    It's a fair question, but do we know for how long it has had that title? Perhaps they just didn't change it after they went to Boyle. I'm just asking because I have no idea.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241
    robcope wrote: »
    Why call it Shatterhand even as a working title though? Has to be a Blofeld reference. My appetite has been whet.

Maybe the plot involves Blofeld's kid revenging his/her father? More family connections to enjoy!
    I’m annoyed if true
    I have always hated the word "Shatterhand", the tought if this possibly becoming the title of an official Bond film makes me SICK.
    I have always hated the word "Shatterhand", the tought if this possibly becoming the title of an official Bond film makes me SICK.

I now love it
    Risico007 wrote: »

I now love it

giphy.gif
    peter wrote: »
    thank you @CraigMooreOHMSS ... I didn't exactly love the last film, but, like you I've never disliked any of Craig's performances either. I think this hate has gone a little wild-fire, fuelled by tabloid gossip of Craig having temper tantrums.

One of our members posted a long list of very renowned directors and actors Craig has worked with-- not one has a bad word to say (just the opposite, in fact). You'd think if the guy was a douche, a few of those people would have leaked something.

I have also said that ppl in the industry love the guy. I'm presently working with a man that worked with him on multiple occasions as a second unit/stunt team, and his people love him; an industry member of this site who no longer comments here (because he was verbally kicked and called a liar) knows people who have also worked with DC and admire him as a man and as an actor.

The only ones calling him a diva are some papers like The Sun or the Mirror-- and haters on this site gobble it up...

Deadline, which has consistently broken news on Bond (and has been correct), has never reported this bad behaviour....

Industry people praise him.

And, maybe there's a reason why Babs loves him-- because, apart from his sardonic humour that's purposefully misread so there are headlines tomorrow-- he actually cares about the legacy of Bond, and his role in that legacy.

Glad to see someone paint Craig in a positive light! These last few pages have been dire to catch up on!

I'm all for Shatterhand to be a title as I've long wanted a more faithful adaptation of YOLT, not that that is an indicator of what we're getting. As far as I know, there was no Blue Harvest occurring in Return of The Jedi. I really don't know why the letter S upsets so many members on this board, either.
    Shatterhand isn’t a bad title. That being said, the one-word “S” title trend is wearing out its welcome, and my Top 2 titles I’d like to see are “The Property of a Lady” and “Risico.”
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,241
    JET007 wrote: »
    I really don't know why the letter S upsets so many members on this board, either.

It's the three in a row that annoys me - and single word titles for the third time as well (if it is Shatterhand, that is)
    Wouldn't it be a bit anticlimactic to have a working title that is known and then becomes the official title? I thought they like to make a big hoopla about these things at their big announcement, and we're quite a few months away from that.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a bit anticlimactic to have a working title that is known and then becomes the official title? I thought they like to make a big hoopla about these things at their big announcement, and we're quite a few months away from that.

Yeah, highly unlikely Imo.