The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,377
    81bZt3dDfML._SX342_.jpg

Damn good choice. I recently bought the DVDs, myself.

I had the show recorded on a old digital TV recorder that broke down so had to buy it, it's a surprisingly good reboot it's criminal it got canceled.

I know. I feel like ThunderCat's cancellation is probably why I've latched as tightly to Voltron: Legendary Defender as I have. Both are excellent retellings of their source material.

I have never come across Voltron is it Manga style animation?

It's a Netflix series, though the first two seasons are available on a cheaply priced, bare bones DVD release. It has a similar art style to Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, primarily because it shares 90% of its production team with them. It's super serialized, each episode bleeds into the next and almost forces you to keep going until you've hit the end of the latest season.

They're six seasons in, right now, with a seventh on the way hopefully soon, as the seventh season premiere will debut at Comic-Con.

Sheer coincidence that I was on TWITCH presents earlier and noticed that the second channel TWITCH presents 2 is streaming Voltron episodes on Tues, Thurs and Sat for free, ill have a look tomorrow.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pre ordered...

A1kozOdbFyL._SY445_.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Pre ordered...

A1kozOdbFyL._SY445_.jpg

Ah, the better Justice League movie.
    Pre ordered...

A1kozOdbFyL._SY445_.jpg

I can't argue with that lol
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Pre ordered...

A1kozOdbFyL._SY445_.jpg

I can! ;) I REALLY enjoyed that four part crossover, I mean A LOT! But I liked JL just a little bit more.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Finally caved and picked up the Arrow blu-ray of Ronin, dying to see the quality upgrade of this. The screenshots are stunning, and it's an incredible movie to boot.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Finally caved and picked up the Arrow blu-ray of Ronin, dying to see the quality upgrade of this. The screenshots are stunning, and it's an incredible movie to boot.
    What's the color of the boathouse at HEREford?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »
    What's the color of the boathouse at HEREford?

It's De Niro, I get it. But could no one have pulled him to one side and told him it's Hereford, nor Here-ford. I'd pay to hear his pronunciation of Gloucester. Glou-cest-er.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    1453-2.jpg

Guess he's not happy with our complaints.

I have it, but have not watched it yet. Waiting for the opportune moment, as it were....
  • chrisisall wrote: »

I have it, but have not watched it yet. Waiting for the opportune moment, as it were....

I have it and watched it. It's great. Hadn't seen that movie in years. Gotta love the proliferation of Bond alums.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Pre ordered...

A1kozOdbFyL._SY445_.jpg

I can! ;) I REALLY enjoyed that four part crossover, I mean A LOT! But I liked JL just a little bit more.

Justice League has improved for me with subsequent viewings though I much prefer what DC are doing on the small screen at present.
    81xvu3Gz6OL._SX342_.jpg

I have not really given this show my full attention when watching it, I am midway through season 2 and realise I need to really analyse each episode. I found this sealed brand new 4K set of season 1 on Ebay, it's an Italian import though it's more than 50% cheaper than the UK equivalent... Bargain!
    99394_front.jpg

I already own the Robocop remastered on Bluray, though this boxset was the cheapest way to get the other 2 films on Bluray.
    99394_front.jpg

I already own the Robocop remastered on Bluray, though this boxset was the cheapest way to get the other 2 films on Bluray.

I like 'em all!
    99394_front.jpg

I like 'em all!

I have not watched 2 and 3 for years though the first film is one of my favourite action films. 2 and 3 are remastered also in this set, reviews say the picture quality is very good.
    99394_front.jpg

I like 'em all!

I have not watched 2 and 3 for years though the first film is one of my favourite action films. 2 and 3 are remastered also in this set, reviews say the picture quality is very good.

The first is the best, period. But cool stuff to be found in the following two IMHO.
    99394_front.jpg

I like 'em all!

The first is the best, period. But cool stuff to be found in the following two IMHO.

I recall the second films stop motion effects being good, what did you think of the reboot?
    Any Bergman fans out there, this is going to be something special:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=23623#comments
    @Tuulia, bought my copy of Call Me By Your Name on blu-ray! It was on sale, I had to get it finally.
    51WPG3DQPJL._SY445_.jpg

Caught this on TV it's pretty good so bought the dvd, timeless classic adventure.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    91C9jVlPe%2BL._SY445_.jpg
    818eKkkuqjL._SY445_.jpg
    81c-LskVAAL._SY445_.jpg
    10830567-1381418449-82435.jpg
    71fXDEMLn1L._SL1104_.jpg

Bought on Prime day for 2/3 the price, from footage I have seen it looks quite a step up from the Bluray.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fantastic movie. The best.
    Fantastic movie. The best.

Very underrated film
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Amadeus (1984) - 2 disc SE Directers Cut with sleeve. € 1,00.

IMG_20180721_205012.jpg

IMG_20180721_205053.jpg
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, can't recall if you're a fan, but it looks like the original Halloween has just been announced for an October 2nd release here in the U.S. Perfect timing before Halloween.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, can't recall if you're a fan, but it looks like the original Halloween has just been announced for an October 2nd release here in the U.S. Perfect timing before Halloween.

Great stuff Carpenter's Original film is a classic, I like the majority of his films, certainly his work from the 70's and 80's.

Great stuff Carpenter's Original film is a classic, I like the majority of his films, certainly his work from the 70's and 80's.

Agreed, he was on fire then. I'm eager to see what he produces in the soundtrack department for this new installment of Halloween, too. I'm hoping he's still got that magic.