The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,444
    DVD, each for € 0,50:

1002004000089771.jpg
    And Now... Ladies and Gentlemen... (2002) Music by Michel Legrand (Never Say Never Again)

1002004000091925.jpg
    The Jigsaw Man (1983) Directed by Terence Young (Dr No, FRWL, TB) and with Charles Gray (Blofeld in DAF / Henderson in Yolt.), Vladek Sheybal (FRWL), Anthony Dawson (Dr No and FRWL) and Peter Burton (The first actor who play Major Boothroyd Q in Dr No before Desmond take over.)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    @PrinceKamalKhan good Selection of monster movies. I rate Peter Jackon's King Kong it has some great sequences, it surprised me when I read your post that King Kong is13 years old.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Thanks. Just wait until it's 42 years old like the 1976 one is now.

Of all of them, I have a great sentimental childhood fondness for the Cold War era Escapes with its mad scientist villain(interestingly named Dr. Who. No relation to the more famous one), Mie Hama's femme fatale Madame Piranha(echoes of Blofeld's piranha pool from YOLT?) and the whole good King Kong vs. Bad Robot Kong battle.

Almost as old as me, the first Kong film I saw was the Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lang take when I was very young I should give it a revisit. The recent Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer has had be looking on YouTube for past monster movies clips, I have been thinking about buying a few of the older classics myself. I grew up watching many of the old Godzilla movies and his many foes and a monster allies.

I recommend this one:

With not only Godzilla but Rodan and Mothra as well, it was the Godzilla film that made the strongest impression on me as a child.

M_Balje wrote: »
    1aa92530-25c3-012f-dab6-0050569439b1.jpg
    The Quest (1996) With Roger Moore.

Moore gives a very Bond, James Bond-style introduction when he first meets Van Damme in that film:

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    product_2375.jpg

I'll be possibly watching this tonight. For the first time ever.
    product_2375.jpg

I'll be possibly watching this tonight. For the first time ever.

I hope you'll give a review, as this is one I'll most likely watch soon!
    Correcting: Whyle it whas a new dvd (seald), the disc from The Quest quite working after start up of logo. Tested in both BD player and DVD player in my PC. For the 0,50 i pay i take the loss and correct price i payd for music dvd from 0,50 to 1,00.

Earlier already discover there is also Universal version with DD 5.1 and some interviews, very out of print.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,376
    rpo-ready-player-one.jpg
    Deal of the month just bought this on UHD from Rakuten for £6.99 :-O
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    rpo-ready-player-one.jpg

Wow that’s really good!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    rpo-ready-player-one.jpg

Wow that’s really good!

I know I was pleasantly surprised just watched the first hour of the film, it's great fun i was a 80's kid so appreciate the billion references. The first car chase was sick, will watch the film from the start again tonight. The effects are much better than I thought they would be from the trailer I saw.
    91l9EwbBDyL._SX342_.jpg

I am a big fan of this crazy movie, Alex Proyas generally tends to have interesting elements in all his films. From reviews I have read the 4K version of The Knowing sounds impressive.

@PrinceKamalKhan good Selection of monster movies. I rate Peter Jackon's King Kong it has some great sequences, it surprised me when I read your post that King Kong is13 years old.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Thanks. Just wait until it's 42 years old like the 1976 one is now.

Of all of them, I have a great sentimental childhood fondness for the Cold War era Escapes with its mad scientist villain(interestingly named Dr. Who. No relation to the more famous one), Mie Hama's femme fatale Madame Piranha(echoes of Blofeld's piranha pool from YOLT?) and the whole good King Kong vs. Bad Robot Kong battle.

Almost as old as me, the first Kong film I saw was the Jeff Bridges and Jessica Lang take when I was very young I should give it a revisit. The recent Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer has had be looking on YouTube for past monster movies clips, I have been thinking about buying a few of the older classics myself. I grew up watching many of the old Godzilla movies and his many foes and a monster allies.

I recommend this one:

With not only Godzilla but Rodan and Mothra as well, it was the Godzilla film that made the strongest impression on me as a child.

I remember that film though it's been decades since I watched it, I'll see if there are any multiple film boxsets available.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Detective Bureau 2-3: Go To Hell Bastards! (1963) dir. Seijun Suzuki. Starring Jo Shishido. Arrow Video blu-ray.
    Not seen this, but Seijun Suzuki directing Jo Shishido what could go wrong? And what a brilliant title!
    91gEoAVJw2L._SX342_.jpg

Picked this up for £5
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    91gEoAVJw2L._SX342_.jpg

Picked this up for £5

I *LOVE* this set, and this season. Ignore the Mon-El discovery coda in the final episode, and it's a perfect, self-contained and amazing achievement given the budget and production limitations.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    91gEoAVJw2L._SX342_.jpg

Picked this up for £5

I *LOVE* this set, and this season. Ignore the Mon-El discovery coda in the final episode, and it's a perfect, self-contained and amazing achievement given the budget and production limitations.

I have stuck with all of the CW/DC shows its good escapism, I'll try and buy them all being a DC fan and completionist. The first season of Supergirl does have some good moments, I have switched off to the changes made in the CW shows and just enjoy them for what they are good and bad.
    91gEoAVJw2L._SX342_.jpg

Picked this up for £5

I have stuck with all of the CW/DC shows its good escapism, I'll try and buy them all being a DC fan and completionist. The first season of Supergirl does have some good moments, I have switched off to the changes made in the CW shows and just enjoy them for what they are good and bad.

There are no unenjoyable CW superhero shows. It's just this first season of Supergirl was more amazing to me than most else. ;)
    Payback-1999-Dutch-Front-Cover-83258.jpg
    BD: Payback (1999) Include both Cinema and Drecters Cut. € 5,00 (New)

MI0001067307.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
    Soundtrack: The Life Of David Gale (2003) Composed by Alex Parker And Jake Parker. € 3,00.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Payback is always a good film to watch. Somehow, however, I prefer the theatrical cut over the director's cut.
    81G%2BYMvivLL._SX522_.jpg
    Just picked up this digital restoration, I suspect it will be a vast improvement on the other copy i have.
    I picked up the greatest movie of all time today............'80's television movie called............

HIGH SCHOOL USA

starring Michael J Fox, and Nancy McKean. From Diff'rent Strokes, Todd Bridges and Dana Plato. From Leave it To Beaver: Ken Osmond and Frank Bank. I think Gilligan is in it as well as Dobie Gillis.

When I have time I'll sit down and watch it.
    Yesterday:
    Mission Impossible 2 (2000) Artist soundtrack. € 0,50.
    Despicable Me 2 Soundtrack include Happy and 15 score tracks from Heitor Pereira . € 5,00 (New)

Today:
    DVD: Employee of the Month (2004) Gift.
    Just picked up this digital restoration, I suspect it will be a vast improvement on the other copy i have.
    YES! It looks GREAT!
    YES! It looks GREAT!

It arrived on Saturday will give it a watch later, the dvd version I have is terrible I think it was taken from the VHS copy it's that bad.

Edited: Watching the Skii Lodge scene, it's a vast improvement with the picture, Hepburn and Grant are on top form in this great film. I think it's the best Hitchcock film Hitch never directed.
    Just got The Matrix on Blu Ray. Yeah, I am VERY late to the party on this particular upgrade; it really should have been among my first upgrades...
    Just snuck a peek- it's absolutely gorgeous.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 4,444
    DVD: The Tale of Despereaux (2008) with sleeve. € 0,50. With voice of Emma Watson and Robbie Coltrane.
    A1aHRPvn5JL._RI_.jpg
    I hadda get this on DVD... finally.
    rV1lFRk.jpg
    21 August:

1000004000299345.jpg
    Soundtrack from The Russia House (1990) composed by Jerry Goldsmith. € 3,00 (New)

Today:
    9200000059021410_1.jpg
    BD: The Jungle Book (2016) - 2 Disc 3D release. € 7,13 (New)
    All on BD (New):

9200000073577903.jpg
    Why Him (2016) € 5,00

9200000036193108.jpg
    John Wick (2014) € 3,00

9200000043858973.jpg
    The Age of Adaline (2015) € 3,00

And free t-shirt from Pacific Rim Uprising (2018)
    81QZRHvKiHL._SY445_.jpg
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Inferno (2016)

Edge of Tomorrow. Both were in the discount Wal-Mart bin
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's been about a year now but I'm itching to rewatch the incredible The Sopranos yet again, so just bought the complete series on blu-ray. Also pre-ordered the last two Matrix titles on 4K, alongside this year's must-see horror film Hereditary.