The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,328
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Flash TV series from the 90's. $8 on the bay. Good cheesey fun.

Been debating whether to buy that myself, it never aired in the UK as far as I am aware. John Wesley Shipp is good in the new shows, and I know a few cast members from the 90's show have shown up in the CW Flash.

Get it, but be prepared for a time when it was all about simple adventure, not an overload of psychological angst & self doubt. If you liked Keaton's Batman, chances are you'll like this version of Flash as well. Just don't pay too much. ;)

It's ok I have seen clips from the show it's more like the underrated Superboy which has some great episodes. How I miss the days angst was not in TV shows :)

I have looked for the show years back though it was a pricy import at the time, I'll check how much it is now.

Edited: £30 on dvd on Amazon which is steep, I'll shop around
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    9200000080547125.jpg
    BD: Everything, Everything (2017) € 5,00 (New)
    01 Oct: Volver (2006) Gift.

Today: Pavilion of Women (2001) € 1,00.
    1002004006067700.jpg
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006) - 2 Disc Metalpack. € 1,00.

28 Weeks Later (2007) € 1,00
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote: »
    1002004006067700.jpg
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006) - 2 Disc Metalpack. € 1,00.

28 Weeks Later (2007) € 1,00

Excellent film, but very disturbing.
    Flash TV series from the 90's. $8 on the bay. Good cheesey fun.

Been debating whether to buy that myself, it never aired in the UK as far as I am aware. John Wesley Shipp is good in the new shows, and I know a few cast members from the 90's show have shown up in the CW Flash.

In fact, it aired on Sky. I remember one year being in London, and the TV in my hotel room had Sky, and aired it.

Last movie bought for me :

Juraic-World-Fallen-Kingdom-Steelbook-Blu-ray.jpg
    Just bought Phantom Thread on blu-ray. Still haven't got many of those, only Lawerence of Arabia, The Bridge over River Kwai and Interstellar. Can't wait to see PTA fabulous cinematography for Daniel Day Lewis latest and last film.
    Phantom-Thread-Blu-ray.jpg
    To my shame, I have still not seen Lawrence of Saudi Arabia.
    I have the habit of watching it at least once a year. One of my favourite films, up there with Casablanca, Empire of the Sun, 8 1/2, Vertigo, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The English Patient, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, ... damn, can't really end this list, can I?
    Univex wrote: »
    I have the habit of watching it at least once a year. One of my favourite films, up there with Casablanca, Empire of the Sun, 8 1/2, Vertigo, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The English Patient, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, ... damn, can't really end this list, can I?

Of those, I love 2001 and Blade Runner. Vertigo is fine as well.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Just bought Phantom Thread on blu-ray. Still haven't got many of those, only Lawerence of Arabia, The Bridge over River Kwai and Interstellar. Can't wait to see PTA fabulous cinematography for Daniel Day Lewis latest and last film.

Do tell us what you think of the film. I myself regard it as a masterpiece
    Bluray-
    Millenium - trilogy extended versions.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 6,677

Do tell us what you think of the film. I myself regard it as a masterpiece

(Do we both love QOS, @JamesBondKenya?)

And I do find Phantom Thread a masterpiece, specially the actors direction, costumes and cinematography. The burgundy Bristol 405 is also a gorgeous machine to watch on film ;) The story is balanced, well scripted, fit for a brilliant novel of the likes of Ishiguro. One of my favourite recent films.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @Univex certainly
    d3546ca0-e054-11e4-924d-4c85a563932d.jpg
    BD: The Zerø Theorem (2013) € 3,00 (New) Also with Ben Wishaw, Tilda Swinton and Matt Damon
    68e0a7ea-964a-11e7-8a37-94e842b64cb3.jpg
    BD: Jane Eyre (2011) € 3,00 (New) Directed by the Bond 25 directer Cary Joji Fukunaga.

71NGlwefLiL._SL1050_.jpg
    Soundtrack from Atonement (2011) composed by Dario Marianelli. € 5,00 (New)
    1002004000077755.jpg
    J.R.R. Tolkien: The Origin of the Rings (2002) € 0,75
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0366626
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @M_Balje, let me know what you think of The Zero Theorem. I loved it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,328
    superman-4k-3d-box-art-1135731.jpeg

Just pre ordered this, the UK release is November 5th the US release is the day after.
    The release is to commemorate the films 40th Anniversary.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    nm8DVZe.jpg

Yes, I have it already. But I *NEED* a second copy of my favourite version of my favourite film just in case....
    nm8DVZe.jpg

Yes, I have it already. But I *NEED* a second copy of my favourite version of my favourite film just in case....

Lol sounds perfectly reasonable to me, I have lost track of how many copies of the film I have.
    9ee30c32-db8d-11e8-94b3-21138ff34946.jpg
    La La Land (2016) - 4 disc Digipack (BD, DVD, Bonus DVD and Artist Soundtrack CD) € 10,00 (New)

9200000072256662.jpg
    La La Land (2016) - Soundtrack Score by Justin Hurwitz. € 5,00 (New)
    2001ASpaceOdyssey4KBlu-ray.jpg

2001DaveAndReflections.jpg
    2001WalkingUpwall.jpg

Waited all my life for this restoration, reviewers have said it the greatest restoration they have ever seen.
    01-480367.jpg?w=500
    That film is great fun.
    That film is great fun.

It's a good Donner film not watched it for a few years, the cast in many of Donners films often look like they are enjoying themselves.

2001WalkingUpwall.jpg

Waited all my life for this restoration, reviewers have said it the greatest restoration they have ever seen.

I want it. Immediately!

2001WalkingUpwall.jpg

I want it. Immediately!

It was released a few days ago, I have the Bluray though I think this new restoration will be astonishing, the film to me is always a great experience when I view it.

2001WalkingUpwall.jpg

I want it. Immediately!

It was released a few days ago, I have the Bluray though I think this new restoration will be astonishing, the film to me is always a great experience when I view it.

As a huge Kubrick fan - one of my thesis was about the psychopathy and violence as depicted in his films - I can't wait for it. I too have the dvd, but this is a must have.

2001WalkingUpwall.jpg

I want it. Immediately!

As a huge Kubrick fan - one of my thesis was about the psychopathy and violence as depicted in his films - I can't wait for it. I too have the dvd, but this is a must have.

Kubrick certainly was intense and pushed his actors on occasion to breaking point to get raw emotion and performances from them, I am a big fan of his films he does not pull his punches.

2001 was a perfect fusion between Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke, this film has stuck with me since I first watched it as a kid.

Lolita was one of the novels I studied at university, it was on a film studies module I referred to Kubricks version, other than that I have not studied his films other than debating them with friends.
    AVENGERS_INFINITY WAR
    2034f6a0-228f-11e8-b079-e65f92ed111a_1280x720_174535.jpg?itok=JoxV4uWM
    I rate this below the latest Ant-Man, but above Dr Strange and Black Panther.