The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Do you recommend Kolchak, by the way?

The two TV movies that came before it are certainly far superiour, but there's fun to be had in the series as well. Recommended for solid fans of Night Stalker & Night Strangler.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Do you recommend Kolchak, by the way?

The two TV movies that came before it are certainly far superiour, but there's fun to be had in the series as well. Recommended for solid fans of Night Stalker & Night Strangler.

Been meaning to check out Kolchak. Didn't know the TV films came before the TV series though; should probably watch those first. Thanks! :-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A1Tb5AKp-RL._RI_.jpg
    I still need to pick that up sometime soon. Maybe next week. Deadpool 1 and 2 are some of the only comic-book films I’ve seriously enjoyed in the last few years.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I still need to pick that up sometime soon. Maybe next week. Deadpool 1 and 2 are some of the only comic-book films I’ve seriously enjoyed in the last few years.

I have not watched Deadpool 2 yet just debating which version to watch, the first film was fun.
    I only got to see the theatrical one so far, which was pretty good. Definitely interested to see the new cut soon. If you enjoyed the first I think there’s a very good chance you’ll like this one too. I probably prefer the first a tad but they’re both fun movies.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I only got to see the theatrical one so far, which was pretty good. Definitely interested to see the new cut soon. If you enjoyed the first I think there’s a very good chance you’ll like this one too. I probably prefer the first a tad but they’re both fun movies.

I think I'll watch the Theatrical Cut first, in most cases when I see Alternate
    Cuts they are the ones I tend to stick with. I have the classic X-men Animated series which I am a big fan of, I am interested in seeing what they do with Cable.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    91eEBxh75qL._SX342_.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    91eEBxh75qL._SX342_.jpg

Loved that show when I was a child.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    91eEBxh75qL._SX342_.jpg

Loved that show when I was a child.

I've watched a couple of episodes. Barbara Eden is an Angel Delight, but the laughter track (i'm assuming it wasn't filmed in front of an audience) is a bit 'full on'.
    Canned laughter-what an anomaly that has become.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,444
    Spindel set like Bewitched i think.

This is bigger example, but you have smaller versions too

R1 version

or even more worse like Universal did last year with Magnum Pi and Mission Impossible (Not include bonus disc) and in 2016 with Macgyver:

photo.jpg

Soon Universal re-released Macgyver again. In two boxsets simalar as for example re-release The A-team or The Love Boat (see Magnum pi example). There going to ask € 55,00, but have more seasons / 39 discs. Only €15,00 more then the cheap spindel and the examples.

Example of Magnum Pi. Who i hope will get simalar re-release in The Netherlands.
    Of course it is stil not my favorite way of re-release. I always hoped for this series and Mission Impossible on simalar boxset as the original Macgyver boxset in cardboards with booklet. That boxset cost me 99,00.

But if Sony don't whant do something simalar, can better stick with digipacks in box around it or take keepcase boxsets. I whas intrest in Wonder Woman from Warner from last year, but from the outside you can't see or it be spindel or keepcases.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    The Name Of The Rose (1986) - 2 disc Se with Blue sleeve € 0,50. 14th movie with Sean Connery, i can at him next to Lois Maxwell and Bernard Lee.

Sliding Doors (1998) € 0,50. The first movie by the directer who 5 years later directed Johnny English. In between he made Antitrust.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    The Name Of The Rose (1986) - 2 disc Se with Blue sleeve € 0,50. 14th movie with Sean Connery, i can at him next to Lois Maxwell and Bernard Lee.

Really excellent film.
    91tP5bfmPHL._RI_SX300_.jpg

I am already regretting this purchase hope I am proven wrong.

You'll probably be entertained enough.

You'll probably be entertained enough.

Despite it being a mess I really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed it.

Since you are a Bond fan..I tihnk you'll enjoy this movie as well.

I think it's incredibly fun and cool movie starting a great character.

Seeing as you are probably pessimist and you are probably a huge Star Wars fan, I'd recommend you to see this movie as a movie about some guy.

Don't attach any Star Wars sentimentality or comparisons to it and just watch the movie on its own.

It's a highly enjoyable movie for me.
    dragonsky wrote: »

I really enjoyed it.

Seeing as you are probably pessimist and you are probably a huge Star Wars fan, I'd recommend you to see this movie as a movie about some guy.

Don't attach any Star Wars sentimentality or comparisons to it and just watch the movie on its own.

I put alot to one side and thought this film was fun.

I really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

I'm now re-reading my comment and it may sound as i'm coming off a little strong and that was not my intention, so sorry if it came off like that (not sure if it did tho)

I really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

I'm now re-reading my comment and it may sound as i'm coming off a little strong and that was not my intention, so sorry if it came off like that (not sure if it did tho)

The film surprised me it was a mess though had alot of fun with it.
    01-66123.jpg?w=1060

01-66121.jpg?w=1060

It's a given these two will look phenomenal.
    Two great films there, especially Inception.
    Two great films there, especially Inception.

Amazon had a special offer on for both at a reduced price, had to buy them.
    marvel-14-supers-heros-dvdsuper-heros-contre-censure.jpg

A documentary about the trouble Marvel (and their french publisher) got into with the french censorship during the 70s.
    Friday, I bought Solo on Blu-Ray.
    Bluray
    - Tremors boxset
    - Die Nibelungen complete:
    1 Siegfried https:
    2 Kriemhilds Rache )
    - Dark Passage
    - The Train
    - Quai Des Orfevres
    Flash TV series from the 90's. $8 on the bay. Good cheesey fun.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,376

Been debating whether to buy that myself, it never aired in the UK as far as I am aware. John Wesley Shipp is good in the new shows, and I know a few cast members from the 90's show have shown up in the CW Flash.

Been debating whether to buy that myself, it never aired in the UK as far as I am aware. John Wesley Shipp is good in the new shows, and I know a few cast members from the 90's show have shown up in the CW Flash.

Get it, but be prepared for a time when it was all about simple adventure, not an overload of psychological angst & self doubt. If you liked Keaton's Batman, chances are you'll like this version of Flash as well. Just don't pay too much. ;)