The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Criterion's version of The Princess Bride from a 50% off sale.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    13865bd01f6677b8f09c094023eb6c77.jpg
    Just bought this for £7.99 4K digital download from Rakuten absolute bargain.
    Les-Indestructibles-2-Blu-ray.jpg

Didn't know it was out! Haven't seen it yet, unfortunately.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Me neither I did not have time to watch it at the cinema, it has an early release on Digital on most streaming sites.

Me neither I did not have time to watch it at the cinema, it has an early release on Digital on most streaming sites.

Looks like it's out on Nov. 26 here (on Digital). Will have to get it then!

Just checked Amazon Instant video the HD version is £13.99, total bargain getting it for £7.99 UHD. The Bluray is not available until Dec 3 here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gerard wrote: »
    Les-Indestructibles-2-Blu-ray.jpg

I missed this in the cinema, so will look out for it.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,280

Just checked Amazon Instant video the HD version is £13.99, total bargain getting it for £7.99 UHD. The Bluray is not available until Dec 3 here.

Didn't check the price, but I highly doubt we'll get it that cheap over here. Might be a "just released but for a good price" kind of offer though. Seen that a few times before.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,336
    @Torgeirtrap Can you get Rakuten TV in Norway? I got Ready Player One on there also for a similar cheap price. You can get the app here for TVs, Phones, Tablets and Consoles. Rakuten used to be called Talk Talk TV so you can watch the majority of Ultraviolet films on there also.
    @Torgeirtrap Can you get Rakuten TV in Norway? I got Ready Player One on there also for a similar cheap price. You can get the app here for TVs, Phones, Tablets and Consoles. Rakuten used to be called Talk Talk TV so you can watch the majority of Ultraviolet films on there also.

Just checked. Unfortunately we can't (along with several other services). Maybe we'll get it sometime in the future. Was it Rakuten that bought play.com? I remember buying a lot of cheap films from that site when it was still active.

Just checked. Unfortunately we can't (along with several other services). Maybe we'll get it sometime in the future. Was it Rakuten that bought play.com? I remember buying a lot of cheap films from that site when it was still active.

Not sure though I noticed on there main site Rakuten sell all sorts from clothes to electronics.

Not sure though I noticed on there main site Rakuten sell all sorts from clothes to electronics.

Just checked, and it looks like Rakuten's UK site is what used to be called play.com before. Don't think they ship to Norway – or at least I don't think they did when play.com was discontinued. Play.com had clothes and other electronics too, but I only used the site to by DVD's.

Just checked, and it looks like Rakuten's UK site is what used to be called play.com before. Don't think they ship to Norway – or at least I don't think they did when play.com was discontinued. Play.com had clothes and other electronics too, but I only used the site to by DVD's.

It appears they have bought out a few companies certainly streaming services here. Talk Talk is what used previously for Ultraviolet digital copy viewing, most movies were transfered to Rakuten.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,280

It appears they have bought out a few companies certainly streaming services here. Talk Talk is what used previously for Ultraviolet digital copy viewing, most movies were transfered to Rakuten.

Looks like it! Hopefully their streaming services will be available in more countries too, eventually.
    Black Friday HD deals...
    __58021b1f3d883-103dc83ef200a44d1b10293f1fa60c010f53c15c-fffee6c080a8ac00.jpg
    MV5BMTgyMjUwNjYxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTU0NjczMzI@._V1_.jpg
    Red_Heat.jpg
    81K6cvYrN6L._SY445_.jpg
    8316194_1.jpg?width=450

4K Steelbook, decided to buy the films individually the Steelbooks look pretty cool.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Black Friday HD deals...

Good choice. I really liked that film, but it didn't get much love. And Anya Taylor-Joy was superb in it.
    Black Friday HD deals...

Good choice. I really liked that film, but it didn't get much love. And Anya Taylor-Joy was superb in it.

I never got round to watching it on release though I have heard good things about the film and the cast is impressive, Anya was good in Split I thought. Morgan is the type of Sci Fi I tend to watch, it was only £3.50 so had to buy it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Black Friday HD deals...

I never got round to watching it on release though I have heard good things about the film and the cast is impressive, Anya was good in Split I thought. Morgan is the type of Sci Fi I tend to watch, it was only £3.50 so had to buy it.

And The VVitch, although I didn't like the as much as others I have seen her in like Morgan & Split.
    Black Friday HD deals...

And The VVitch, although I didn't like the as much as others I have seen her in like Morgan & Split.

Not seen VVitch either though I think it's on one of my streaming service watchlists, Thoroughbreds (it's appears to echo Heavenly Creatures and Strangers on a Train) which received a late release looks interesting with Anya in, it's notable also as one of Anton Yeltchins last films, also another good actress Olivia Cooke Co stars who was great in The Limehouse Gollum. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5649108/
    Black Friday HD deals...

Not seen VVitch either though I think it's on one of my streaming service watchlists, Thoroughbreds (it's appears to echo Heavenly Creatures and Strangers on a Train) which received a late release looks interesting with Anya in, it's notable also as one of Anton Yeltchins last films, also another good actress Olivia Cooke Co stars who was great in The Limehouse Gollum. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5649108/

The VVitch isn't a bad film, but I do think it is a bit overpraised.

As for Throughbreds, I have that one as well, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet (the same goes for The Secret Of Marrowbone and The Miniaturist).
    Black Friday HD deals...

As for Throughbreds, I have that one as well, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet (the same goes for The Secret Of Marrowbone and The Miniaturist).

Just noticed Luke Scott directed Morgan Ridley's son? I'll try and watch this film over the weekend.
    Black Friday HD deals...

Just noticed Luke Scott directed Morgan Ridley's son? I'll try and watch this film over the weekend.

Yes, that's right. I think Ridley served as a Producer on the film too. Let me know what you think of it.
    Black Friday HD deals...

Yes, that's right. I think Ridley served as a Producer on the film too. Let me know what you think of it.

Will do... If its anything like Ex Machina ill probably like it.

I haven't seen Ex-Machina myself, but I have seen it mentioned a lot in regards Morgan. Comparisons being drawn between the two. Given how much I liked Morgan, I should probably take that as my cue to watch Ex-Machina.

I haven't seen Ex-Machina myself, but I have seen it mentioned a lot in regards Morgan. Comparisons being drawn between the two. Given how much I liked Morgan, I should probably take that as my cue to watch Ex-Machina.

Ex-Machina is an interesting little film, its a small though good cast and poses some interesting questions and ideas, I bought the film myself certainly recommend it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've got Westworld Season 2 4K steelbook and Mission Impossible: Fallout 4K steelbook headed my way on Monday, and the first season of Yellowstone on blu-ray the day after. Should make for a nice, busy week/weekend for me.

I also had to be a loser and get myself Ingmar Bergman's Cinema for Christmas, the massively sprawling 39-film Criterion set of Bergman's work. That'll be a lot of fun to get through.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've got Westworld Season 2 4K steelbook and Mission Impossible: Fallout 4K steelbook headed my way on Monday, and the first season of Yellowstone on blu-ray the day after. Should make for a nice, busy week/weekend for me.

I also had to be a loser and get myself Ingmar Bergman's Cinema for Christmas, the massively sprawling 39-film Criterion set of Bergman's work. That'll be a lot of fun to get through.

Good call I plan to get all the 4K Steelbooks of the M: I films.

Still watching Westworld season 1 on 4K, though I will get season two at some point despite my mixed feelings about that season, still some good episodes and visually stunning.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Good call I plan to get all the 4K Steelbooks of the M: I films.

Still watching Westworld season 1 on 4K, though I will get season two at some point despite my mixed feelings about that season, still some good episodes and visually stunning.

Season two was still wildly entertaining to me, but definitely missing a lot more of the intrigue and simplicity of season one. I don't care for the feeling that they're crafting certain larger aspects of the story and characters as it moves along, I had expected most of this to be ironed out ahead of time. The showrunners have always seemed like they've known where they want the story to head and I hope it keeps that way in season three.