The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,334
    Danger_diabolik_poster_01.jpg

HD download a bit of a blind buy, caught some of the film on TV I am surprised I have not seen the film before.
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    01-379170.JPG?w=500

This purchase completes my 4K M:I Steelbook collection.

Bought the bluray steelbook with the same nice design (but no 4K). I thought that we can purchase the 3D version ... I HEAVILY regrets not seeing it at the theater (was so sure I could buy it later and see it in 3D at home)

Fantastic movie and score, it puts (one more time) SP to shame :(
    Watching MI:Fallout is pleasure and pain at the same time for a Bond fan like me

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    01-379170.JPG?w=500

This purchase completes my 4K M:I Steelbook collection.

Bought the bluray steelbook with the same nice design (but no 4K). I thought that we can purchase the 3D version ... I HEAVILY regrets not seeing it at the theater (was so sure I could buy it later and see it in 3D at home)

Fantastic movie and score, it puts (one more time) SP to shame :(
    Watching MI:Fallout is pleasure and pain at the same time for a Bond fan like me

Agree it's better than the last two Bond films, though there are plenty of earlier great Bond films.

Not sure if there is a Fallout version in 3D though I don't have a 3D TV.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I picked up that same 4K steelbook, it's great. Film looks incredible on 4K, I need to give it another watch soon.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I picked up that same 4K steelbook, it's great. Film looks incredible on 4K, I need to give it another watch soon.

I was holding out for a price drop, though it appears to be a Limited Edition so I thought I better buy it sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to the IMAX shots, my 4K Streamed version is only in wide-screen format (4K download was very cheap so I don't mind buying the film twice)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    1002004004433375.jpg
    Little Fish (2005) € 1,00
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, that's what's funny about steelbooks, particularly Best Buy steelbooks - one will be discounted to $10 or $15 a few months after release, and some sell out entirely weeks before the film is available.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, that's what's funny about steelbooks, particularly Best Buy steelbooks - one will be discounted to $10 or $15 a few months after release, and some sell out entirely weeks before the film is available.

I am a sellers dream as display is equally important to me, if I buy a great film I want the the case to look great
    matrix-trilogy-1.jpg

I was obsessed with these films when they were released, admittedly watching Revolutions was one of the most dissapointing cinema experiences ever. Saying that there is still alot to enjoy with these films and the 4K reviews suggest this is a pretty awesome upgrade from the Bluray.

This boxset was £39.99 which seems reasonable.
    I've warmed to Revolutions over the years, but it's definitely another instance to me of a great trilogy going out on a weak note.
    I've warmed to Revolutions over the years, but it's definitely another instance to me of a great trilogy going out on a weak note.

It's still good though Reloaded appeared to set up so much on the surface and very much beneath the surface symbolism and references. I still think the trilogy is open to much debate and interpretation and I don't except the face value ending to the trilogy.

Just had a quick look at Fallout Steelbook 4K it arrived today, the halo jump sequence was jaw dropping in IMAX.

Sequences like the halo jump is why I certainly watch cinema
    Agreed. Reloaded is nearly as excellent as the trilogy opener, and I'd say I look upon Revolutions more positively with each subsequent viewing.
    Agreed. Reloaded is nearly as excellent as the trilogy opener, and I'd say I look upon Revolutions more positively with each subsequent viewing.

I have watched Revolutions numerous times though I tend to skip scenes.

When the boxset arrives I'll do a full rewatch, I may even watch them back to back on a day off. From what I have read they look very good in 4K.
    There's quite a few of you on here that have mentioned skipping scenes, I can't say I've ever done this with a film - wouldn't feel like a proper viewing if I only saw 90-95% of it or what have you. Probably a good idea with some movies, though.

Good thinking on a triple marathon like that. It wasn't one day necessarily, but I remember having one weekend about two years back where I ended each night with one of the films (starting the weekend with the first, ending it with the third) and it was damn good fun. Rewatched them again a few months back (or however long it's been since those 4K releases dropped).
    64218_large.jpg

51A-fmrQrhL._SX342_.jpg

I'm just missing Dracula Has Risen From The Grave, and my collection will be complete.
    matrix-trilogy-1.jpg

I was obsessed with these films when they were released, admittedly watching Revolutions was one of the most dissapointing cinema experiences ever. Saying that there is still alot to enjoy with these films and the 4K reviews suggest this is a pretty awesome upgrade from the Bluray.

WHAT?! There were two other Matrix films? One learns stuff every day. Just the other day I learned that there was a 4th Indiana Jones film. And a 4th Pierce Brosnan bond film as well. And prequels to the Star Wars films!! WHAT?! Who would have known? Well, too late to watch those now.

Seriously now, the first one is perfect. Brilliant 90s film who gave birth to many aberrations in the 00s. Those bullet time effects and green filters ruined cinema for more than a decade. Still, a great film.
    There's quite a few of you on here that have mentioned skipping scenes, I can't say I've ever done this with a film - wouldn't feel like a proper viewing if I only saw 90-95% of it or what have you. Probably a good idea with some movies, though.

Good thinking on a triple marathon like that. It wasn't one day necessarily, but I remember having one weekend about two years back where I ended each night with one of the films (starting the weekend with the first, ending it with the third) and it was damn good fun. Rewatched them again a few months back (or however long it's been since those 4K releases dropped).

There are certain action films that if I have 20 minutes spare I'll watch, I may put on the Burley Brawl or Neodammerung scene usually if am am going to the gym. I do same with Rocky movies or Bond movies, I often watch the Lotus scene in isolation.

I tend to binge watch TV and Film series when I can, I get locked in more to what I am watching. Regarding TV I tend to let episodes build up so I can watch four in a row. 24 one of my favourite shows I could binge watch a whole season in two days lol

Really looking forward to rewatching the trilogy.
    Univex wrote: »
    matrix-trilogy-1.jpg

WHAT?! There were two other Matrix films? One learns stuff every day. Just the other day I learned that there was a 4th Indiana Jones film. And a 4th Pierce Brosnan bond film as well. And prequels to the Star Wars films!! WHAT?! Who would have known? Well, too late to watch those now.

Seriously now, the first one is perfect. Brilliant 90s film who gave birth to many aberrations in the 00s. Those bullet time effects and green filters ruined cinema for more than a decade. Still, a great film.

Unfortunately many that copied the Matrix just could not replicate it, there were indeed a catalogue of bad ripoffs.
    That's exactly how I am with TV shows anymore - if it's one I'm really impatient over (Westworld, the new season of True Detective, Game of Thrones), then I'll watch it live, but most of the time I'd rather wait a couple of minutes and fly through it all in a day or two. Makes the wait for the next season that much more tough, but oh well.
    That's exactly how I am with TV shows anymore - if it's one I'm really impatient over (Westworld, the new season of True Detective, Game of Thrones), then I'll watch it live, but most of the time I'd rather wait a couple of minutes and fly through it all in a day or two. Makes the wait for the next season that much more tough, but oh well.

I usually have a dozen shows on watch list some I forget that I am watching, I work unsociable hours so can go weeks without checking then I'll notice I have say five Arrow episodes I need to catch up on, so my TV binge watching can be unexpected.

I usually have a dozen shows on watch list some I forget that I am watching, I work unsociable hours so can go weeks without checking then I'll notice I have say five Arrow episodes I need to catch up on, so my TV binge watching can be unexpected.

I love forgetting something is on and realizing there's a bunch of new episodes awaiting me. I've been that way with this new season of Counterpart, primarily because I wanted to do exactly that: fly through the whole season at once.

I love forgetting something is on and realizing there's a bunch of new episodes awaiting me. I've been that way with this new season of Counterpart, primarily because I wanted to do exactly that: fly through the whole season at once.

Five days off when I finish this morning so I will have a TV catch up day.

There are still many shows I have not even attempted to watch, I should not complain though there is too much content these days, I am probably oblivious to some great shows.
    81m9hvu30JL._SX342_.jpg

Picked this up whilst buying my breakfast in Sainsburys, that's my night sorted.
  • b689f588-3d00-4a3a-8496-2fdcc0db9446_1.268151613c0b0c045a72963aefaacea2.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
    On Blu-ray: Shalako (1968), Sean Connery's only western... I think.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I just got The Night Manager 2 disc DVD set from my local charity shop for £1.25 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJqP5c3pnrHzyD1TkpaFei8jathQZTbu3r4k03u6iQ5wvSMfxU
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, something's going right for a change!
    Found this KATHERINE HEPBURN collection today and it had that
    ROBERT MITCHUM/ROBERT TAYLOR noir I'd been looking for, UNDERCURRENT! Also contains a few other classics.

08ba0245-63c8-455a-b10d-1806d5762905_1.a1090d400e8b4f03083d26ae0c808fb0.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Cloverfield 3 Film Collection

I've seen Cloverfield and The Cloverfield Paradox, but 10 Cloverfield Lane I haven't yet seen. Probably gonna watch it in a few days.
    41TyeHH5ztL.jpg

Now, all that's missing is Torture Garden, and my Amicus Portmanteau horror films collection will be complete.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    BD: Julieta (2016) € 5,00 (New) Spanish movie.
    BD: The Skeleton Twins (2014) € 3,00 (New)
    BD: How to Be Single (2016) € 3,00 (New)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    711LGHKuXmL._SY445_.jpg71dOSap2dOL._SY445_.jpg
    61IPXiQ21ML._SY445_.jpg81UULngx58L._SY445_.jpg
    91ekCBHJKrL._SY445_.jpg
    Dracula-et-les-femmes-Blu-ray.jpg

Now, my Hammer Dracula collection is complete (apart from Legend of the Seven Golden Vampire, but I think I can do without). Waiting for Torture Garden so I can say the same for the Amicus horror anthology movies.