The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,395
    91abBM0xfwL._SY445_.jpg

717eVGvWhCL._SX342_.jpg

Both digital downloads, I have these on dvd and Bluray also. The restoration looks decent.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just picked up the Some Like It Hot Criterion on blu-ray, can't wait to see what they've done with it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Just picked up the Some Like It Hot Criterion on blu-ray, can't wait to see what they've done with it.

Great movie one of Billy Wilder's best

Great movie one of Billy Wilder's best

I couldn't agree more!
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 5,819
    Two DVD sets on sunday :

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQQ4OhHwYqyvNVBqVEda2EQNoTtdGrUd92C5yBhub0q8G5imNfBoHw2A67bcHvclVdM_2084Ybrt0SRiiGq6m7qnDlxyXQtwr3ItrT-ANf&usqp=CAE

The complete Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies. I remember having watched some of them in the sixties, as part of the sunday afternoon TV programming. Loved them then, loved them more recently when they were reaired, will probably love them again now.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW3N5CGNeYp7uZTX60ykGRtkZNxywOaNnRZi7DRC9lt1QLEp9Raii9F7908JXN3TH8eEyLJRp_LyQbR5mu1PySxCgfRIdImzhyV5RjsFaAFhCQKaxJf4UN&usqp=CAE

A french documentary series about the two World Wars, and more (there are DVDs about Verdun, the first years of the inter-war period, Hitler and Stalin). Lots of hours of fun ahead :>
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    First haul of 2019:

51bZ9O6ASbL._SY445_.jpg51B2r6WKGRL._SY445_.jpg
    51VChRBB20L._SY445_.jpg51FD0jXH9sL._SY445_.jpg
    81D3c%2B4H5PL._SY445_.jpg81lpbzfIY2L._SY445_.jpg

God i'll miss HMV if it does go.
    FA_couv_0002291.jpg

Dracula-A-D-1972-Blu-ray.jpg

dvd-coffret-les-shadoks.jpg
    First haul of 2019:

Our HMV closed several years ago, the only place that sells Brand New films where are I am are Supermarkets. Though its seems along time since I regularly bought films from shops.

I often bought from Blockbusters and HMV, I do miss browsing and stumbling on a film I was not looking for in shops.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    First haul of 2019:

Our HMV closed several years ago, the only place that sells Brand New films where are I am are Supermarkets. Though its seems along time since I regularly bought films from shops.

I often bought from Blockbusters and HMV, I do miss browsing and stumbling on a film I was not looking for in shops.

You and me both.
    peter wrote: »
    First haul of 2019:

You and me both.

Same here. Many of my DVDs (and CDs) have been bought because I found them in a shop, not online. If HMV disappears in the next months, where will I go during my next trips in Great Britains ?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I do buy online though only for out of print titles, and those not released on R2 (also NEVER from a certain monster of an online company). Call it... a matter of principle.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    FUTURE WORLD.

I used to enjoy the (usually Italian-made) Mad Max rip-offs in the 80s. This looks horrible.

It's on Amazon Prime. I'm gonna watch it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MISSION IMPOSSIBLE-FALLOUT
    MISSION-INTRO.jpeg
    Only MI movie I bother to own.
    Yet another Criterion blu-ray for the collection:

91pG4P%2BnnHL._SL1500_.jpg
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,297
    Just watched the trailer for The MacKintosh Man (1974), starring Paul Newman. Worth checking out/buying?
    Just watched the trailer for The MacKintosh Man (1974), starring Paul Newman. Worth checking out/buying?

An entertaining thriller. Scripted by one of my favourite Directors Walter Hill, and helmed by John Huston. Newman, the great James Mason and a smattering of British stalwarts, like Michael Hordern and Harry Andrews as Mackintosh!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

An entertaining thriller. Scripted by one of my favourite Directors Walter Hill, and helmed by John Huston. Newman, the great James Mason and a smattering of British stalwarts, like Michael Hordern and Harry Andrews as Mackintosh!

This is the reason I'm interested in this one; all the brilliant names in this production. Walter Hill for example wrote two other films I enjoy very much, The Getaway and The Drowning Pool.

Now that I know it's worth checking out, I'll go ahead and buy it. Thanks! :-)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    51Dg3-trbJL._SX342_.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    All on dvd for free:

The Notebook (2004)
    The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
    The Island (2005)
    The Lake House (2006)
    Requiem for a Dream (2000)
    1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)
    Letters to Juliet (2010)
    My Sassy Girl (2008)
    How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003) (New)
    The Descent (2005) - Metalcase
    Dragonfly (2002)
    Happiness (1998)
    The Truth About Love (2005)
    Traffic (2000) (New)
    Romance (1999) (New)
    Serpico (1973)
    Mindhunters (2004)
  • Hammer's The Plague of the Zombies (new U.S. blu-ray)

Plague-Zombies.BR.Cover.72dpi.png
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great cover!
    Great cover!

Agree! A standout cover!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Spaceballs on bluray.
    Seth McFarlane's cavalcade of cartoon comedy
    and
    The Orville season 1.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited January 2019 Posts: 6,791
    Question for those in the know:

I want to buy the Pink Panther Collection on blu-ray but I can only find a Region A copy. Is it possible to play them on my blu-ray despite me not living in Region A?

Stupid question I know but I really want buy this set :)
    GoldenGun wrote: »

I want to buy the Pink Panther Collection on blu-ray but I can only find a Region A copy. Is it possible to play them on my blu-ray despite me not living in Region A?

No, unless you own a region-free blu-ray player.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà

Got to check that out! Thanks @Creasy47 !

Got to check that out! Thanks @Creasy47 !

You're welcome! They're a bit pricier than your traditional blu-ray/4K player, of course, but it's more than worth it once you realize you can purchase any blu-ray from anywhere with no viewing issues. I don't have one myself, but I've debated it in the past.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,395
    91Vcg3SEomL._RI_SX300_.jpg

Blind buy... Thankfully this rubbish only cost me £2.99
    producers-poster.jpg

4K Restoration.

One of my all time favourite comedies, brilliant film.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,395
    01-379170.JPG?w=500

This purchase completes my 4K M:I Steelbook collection.