The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2018 Posts: 13,894
    The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978) dir. Sergio Martino, featuring Stacy Keach and Ursula Andress. This is a Shameless Screen Entertainment release, the release date having been put back as one retailer was offended by the cover art so it has had to be tweaked! I'm ordering from Shameless themselves so should still get the 'offensive' artwork. Hooray!

That's the uncut version, isn't it? I have a copy from around 10 year ago, that is cut, though how heavily, I don't know. I do know that my copy doesn't feature the pig, which i'm grateful for. Though I am still a fan of the Shameless label, and their commitment to bringing a lot of these forgotten films to light via DVD/BR releases.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978) dir. Sergio Martino, featuring Stacy Keach and Ursula Andress. This is a Shameless Screen Entertainment release, the release date having been put back as one retailer was offended by the cover art so it has had to be tweaked! I'm ordering from Shameless themselves so should still get the 'offensive' artwork. Hooray!

That's the uncut version, isn't it? I have a copy from around 10 year ago, that is cut, though how heavily, I don't know. I do know that my copy doesn't feature the pig, which i'm grateful for. Though I am still a fan of the Shameless label, and their commitment to bringing a lot of these forgotten films to light via DVD/BR releases.

I do believe the animal cruelty scenes are still cut for UK, but all the human mutilation (and the pig sh@gg*ng) are all present and correct.
    It's not a film I've seen before, but I do remember back in the day when Electric Blue (remember those?) put out a VHS with scenes of famous actresses without clothes. And one of the scenes was Miss Andress being painted with blood (I think) by a couple of native girls which is from TMoTCG, so I was intrigued to see it. Plus, and I only recently noticed that Stacy Keach is in it. Film should be here middle/end of next week.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    1002004010489566.jpg
    BD: Greenberg (2010) € 2,50

Rosewood.jpg
    Soundtrack: John Williams - Rosewood (1997) € 1,00
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,376
    SaintMark wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »
    MV5BMTU4MjMyMTkxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODA5OTU5._V1._CR15,35,299,438_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG5PXvrxhUZIiETsVffWDeDB-VfcIb2z-lrqpxIvz_mWtkzhTX

Excellent TV series, much more faithful to Frank Herberts Scifi masterpieces.

I love Lynch's film despite Lynch not liking the film himself, I have not watched the TV mini series I was at Uni back then and missed alot of things. I saw both mini series cheap so had to buy them.

The movie by Lynch was fine, I also have the somewhat expanded version that does not carry Lynch name as director. These two tv shows are a better representation of the Herbert vision. Do enjoy them I know I did.

I saw the Alan Smithee version of Dune many years ago I remember not being overly keen on it, though I'll probably try to get hold of a copy and see if my opinion changes.

Typically Children of Dune has arrived first in the post, hopefully Dune mini series will arrive tomorrow so I can binge watch them over the weekend.

Edited: Just found this on ebay for £1.98 will be interesting to revisit the TV Extended Version, just watching the prologue on YouTube now.

416W74EVFGL._SY445_.jpg

I also just bought the film score, I am suprised I never got this previously it's a pretty awesome soundtrack.

119112891.jpg
    I got the filmscore of the Lynch movie and the one from the Children of Dune tv show, and the last one is essential tv/movie music.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Legend - Ultimate Edition (Director's Cut & Theatrical Cut)
    s-l1000.jpg
    I've been looking for this for awhile now. Luckily I was able to find the Ultimate Edition which has both Director's and Theatrical cuts.

Thor: Ragnarok
    Thor-Ragnarok-Blu-ray-DVD-2018-Includes-Digital-Copy-BRAND.jpg

This is my least favorite MCU film because it has too much damn comedy. However I had to get it to add it to my collection.
    Oh man I love Legend. Top notch guilty pleasure :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It s a beautiful film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I definitely need to buy Legend: Ultimate Edition
    I just have the director’s cut on DVD, but I much prefer that version overall anyway.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Legend - Ultimate Edition (Director's Cut & Theatrical Cut)
    s-l1000.jpg
    I've been looking for this for awhile now. Luckily I was able to find the Ultimate Edition which has both Director's and Theatrical cuts.

Thor: Ragnarok
    Thor-Ragnarok-Blu-ray-DVD-2018-Includes-Digital-Copy-BRAND.jpg

This is my least favorite MCU film because it has too much damn comedy. However I had to get it to add it to my collection.

This is my least fav MCU film. PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Starting up my 4K copy of Braveheart and man oh man is it stunning already.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I bet the battle scenes look epic!

Absolutely! These landscape shots are gorgeous but I'm blown away by the detail and color of the battle scenes.

Absolutely! These landscape shots are gorgeous but I'm blown away by the detail and color of the battle scenes.

Will be interesting to see how Gladiator look's in 4K though some of the digital effects may be exposed. I have not watched Braveheart since the 90's I'll check the UK price in 4K, the location work was extremely good.
    Love the location work. The attention to detail is stunning in this movie.

Die Hard is out in 4K today too but I failed to pick it up, will have to soon.

Really! I may wait for a price drop on Die Hard as with The Matrix and MI: 1 - 5 out soon I must not go overboard on spending. I'll check the Die Hard 4K review online see how it is compared to the Bluray.

Really! I may wait for a price drop on Die Hard as with The Matrix and MI: 1 - 5 out soon I must not go overboard on spending. I'll check the Die Hard 4K review online see how it is compared to the Bluray.

I saw today the latter two Matrix installments are set to drop in October. Think it's still June for the Mission: Impossible series and The Matrix. Definitely going to be picking up all of those, especially the M:I movies so I can binge through those before Fallout. It's been a few damn good months of 4K releases for sure.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oooooh! Sounds like greatness.

I saw today the latter two Matrix installments are set to drop in October. Think it's still June for the Mission: Impossible series and The Matrix. Definitely going to be picking up all of those, especially the M:I movies so I can binge through those before Fallout. It's been a few damn good months of 4K releases for sure.

Been putting of watching my MI Blurays so I can watch them in 4K before Fallout It's been a while since I watched the full series, I intentionally leave films alone for long periods so I can forget parts of the films, makes revisiting them all the better.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/die-hard-30th-uhd-bd
    I couldn't help it and rewatched them a few months ago, but I'm always willing to return to them for another rewatch, especially if it'll be in 4K.
    I couldn't help it and rewatched them a few months ago, but I'm always willing to return to them for another rewatch, especially if it'll be in 4K.

Die Hard 4K presentation sounds good, I may get it this week.

I would not be suprised if MI:1 is the stand out on 4K being directed by De Palma, it really is a brilliantly directed film, even on dvd there was a real quality to the image.

Die Hard 4K presentation sounds good, I may get it this week.

I would not be suprised if MI:1 is the stand out on 4K being directed by De Palma, it really is a brilliantly directed film, even on dvd there was a real quality to the image.

I've always enjoyed the original installment, but it's only in the last year or so I started to recognize the true brilliance behind it. Easily one of my favorite installments in the entire series.
    Since I was young I loved De Palma's films he was heavily influenced by Hitchcock who I have the majority of his work. I remember first hearing De Palma was to direct, I knew it would be a great film despite on set issues.

Can't find a Die Hard UK release, though The Matrix is released on 21/5/2018 here for £19.99 which is good.

DieHard_2.jpg

DieHard_4.jpg

http://www.hidefninja.com/2018/05/11/uk-die-hard-4k-blu-ray-review/

Die Hard looks good and I am only on my 1080p tablet at the moment.
    Think I may go ahead and pick it up just so I can enjoy it sometime this weekend. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Just finished Braveheart, always one of the quickest three hour epics for me. That runtime flies by.
    Think I may go ahead and pick it up just so I can enjoy it sometime this weekend. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Just finished Braveheart, always one of the quickest three hour epics for me. That runtime flies by.

Braveheart is not available here yet, like Die Hard it is not showing up for pre order either.

John McTiernan made some great movies along with Predator he arguably made two of the very best action films.
    Ahh that's a shame, hopefully it is soon. Just purchased Die Hard, will be here Friday thankfully. Guess I know what I'll be doing that night!
    I still have The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises to watch that will keep me going until The Matrix

Just ordered this early John McTiernan film starring Brosnan, never seen it it has some decent reviews.

51ptm7j1-EL._SY445_.jpg

This shot of Pierce from Nomads...

12-nomads-1986-pierce-brosnan-optimisation-google-image-wordpress.jpg?w=584
    :))
    Holy hell, he looks unstable and psychotic in that. I've never seen that one but I can only assume it's nothing TOO special!
    Holy hell, he looks unstable and psychotic in that. I've never seen that one but I can only assume it's nothing TOO special!

Apparently it was Brosnan's first leading role, I found it on ebay for £1.99 sealed brand new, Lesley-Anne Down is in the film also if anything that's a positive lol