The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

FoxRox wrote: »
    Picked up my copy of Phantom Thread today. PTA is the closest director we have to a modern Stanley Kubrick I think, and Phantom Thread is a great entry in his filmography.

I’ve only seen two of his films, that being PT and there will be blood. Both of which I give a 10/10. Are there any others of his that are on that level that I should check out

@JamesBondKenya Here is my ranking of his films:

1. There Will Be Blood
    2. The Master
    3. Punch-Drunk Love
    4. Phantom Thread
    5. Boogie Nights
    6. Hard Eight
    7. Magnolia
    8. Inherent Vice

Wasn’t a big fan of Magnolia or Inherent Vice (especially the latter). Hard Eight is a pretty good film. My Top 5 I would consider to be must-watches. Therefore, I’d highly recommend The Master, Punch-Drunk Love, and Boogie Nights.
    51ivGpna10L._SX342_.jpg

This one I should have bought a long time ago. Well now I have.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gerard wrote: »
    51ivGpna10L._SX342_.jpg

This one I should have bought a long time ago. Well now I have.

Good film I have it on dvd, been wanting to buy it on Bluray for some time though was not willing to pay the price of items I found in UK.
    I didn't like it.
    Rocketeer is brilliant with Dalton as baddy and a youthful Jennifer Connolly.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rocketeer has a great score by James Horner
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I watch The Rocketeer as a triple bill with The Phantom and The Shadow. These films work smoothly back-to-back.
    I watch The Rocketeer as a triple bill with The Phantom and The Shadow. These films work smoothly back-to-back.

Indeed they do! And The Rocketeer is the most fun! Pity it didn't do as well as expected! Great cast, score and action!
    IIRC the main star in the Rocketeer was the main problem at the time,he wasnt well known,and he wasnt fancied much in the role.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Just bought...

71XjKZv4sLL._SX342_.jpg

I have this on dvd though decided to upgrade, good Sci Fi

I've never seen it but I've been wanting to watch it for sometime now. I just can't find a copy anywhere. I just read a story recently where a fan of Keanu Reeves bumped into him one day at a restaurant. She happened to be having a month long marathon of some of his movies with friends, which she of course called a Keanuthon. When she told him about it, he recommended watching A Scanner Darkly. The fact that he recommended that one out of all his films makes me really want to watch it, plus I'm kind of a sci-fi nerd.
    Just bought...

71XjKZv4sLL._SX342_.jpg

I have this on dvd though decided to upgrade, good Sci Fi

I've never seen it but I've been wanting to watch it for sometime now. I just can't find a copy anywhere. I just read a story recently where a fan of Keanu Reeves bumped into him one day at a restaurant. She happened to be having a month long marathon of some of his movies with friends, which she of course called a Keanuthon. When she told him about it, he recommended watching A Scanner Darkly. The fact that he recommended that one out of all his films makes me really want to watch it, plus I'm kind of a sci-fi nerd.

I'm in exactly the same situation,it just never seems to be on TV or on Sky or Amazon Prime...
    @barryt007 and @QsAssistant the cheapest rental for A Scanner Darkly I could find is £2.49 on Youtube.

I am not suprised it's the film that Keanu recommended it's one of his most profound films with a great ensemble cast, it's one of the best Philip K. Dick film adaptions.
    @barryt007 and @QsAssistant the cheapest rental for A Scanner Darkly I could find is £2.49 on Youtube.

I am not suprised it's the film that Keanu recommended it's one of his most profound films with a great ensemble cast, it's one of the best Philip K. Dick film adaptions.

Interesting...thanks for that Fire,matey !
    barryt007 wrote: »

Interesting...thanks for that Fire,matey !

Any movies you rent or buy on YouTube will also be available on Google play movies and vice versa.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,443
    Dvd's. Each of them for € 0,50.

1002004000100718_1.jpg
    Alfie (2004)

1002004000085108.jpg
    S1m0ne (2002)

IMG_20180415_003819.jpg
    Ice Age 4 Bonus Disc. Promo dvd in slimcase.

1002004004390011.jpg
    Amistad (1997)
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Dvd's. Each of them for € 0,50.

Alfie (2004)
    S1m0ne (2002)
    Ice Age 4 Bonus Disc. Promo dvd in slimcase.
    Amistad (1997)

I forgot about S1m0ne with Al Pacino only watched it once, back in the day I bought every Al Pacino film on video and Dvd.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Amistad onvergetelijk? I remember nothing about it.
    91swIOLUgfL._SL1500_.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    17 April 2018:

1002004011526470.jpg
    Castle Season 3 with sleeve. € 8,00.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    17 April 2018:

1002004011526470.jpg
    Castle Season 3 with sleeve. € 8,00.

Need to rewatch Castle soon. One of very few police procedural shows I've bothered to watch regularly.
    gosford-park_affiche2.jpg

buy0194501_1.jpg?width=450
    2 Richard E Grant's in the Gosford Park photo....a popular guy.
    The Brood, Existenz, Spider, Witness, Platoon, and L.A. Confidential.
    91BUCqnFqaL._SL1500_.jpg

Since I've seen the french version in the theater, I wanted a version that was as close as possible to what I experienced. Well, that's a s close as possible. Plus, look at the cast !
    Star-Wars-Les-Derniers-Jedi-Blu-ray.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gerard wrote: »
    Star-Wars-Les-Derniers-Jedi-Blu-ray.jpg

I still haven t seen that for sale here.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    2 Richard E Grant's in the Gosford Park photo....a popular guy.

Never noticed until you pointed it out lol maybe Richard E Grant' is playing The Great Intelligence from Doctor Who in the film lol
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Picked up Hostiles on 4K. Excellent film.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Finally, after all these years. Only for a small price at some sort of a charity.

519BV7MVS2L.jpg

I'll be watching it soon.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    91JUjVoAtSL._SL1500_.jpg
    91mjS5Mpq%2BL._SL1500_.jpg
    51y3qhT%2BRhL.jpg
    51Gd-b4R0bL.jpg