BD
    Blade runner 2049
    The last Jedi.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SaintMark wrote: »
    BD
    Blade runner 2049
    The last Jedi.

Just bought THE LAST JEDI as well for completion s sake. but I wish I could have found BLADE RUNNER 2049 instead. It crushes the former to the ground.
    BD
    Blade runner 2049
    The last Jedi.

Just bought THE LAST JEDI as well for completion s sake. but I wish I could have found BLADE RUNNER 2049 instead. It crushes the former to the ground.

One movie for dad and the Jedi movie for his little daughter the SW fan. ;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Today on Kingsday 2018

BD:

Arthur Christmas (2011) - 1 Disc 3D/2D release € 1,00
    The Lady in the Van (2015) € 1,00
    The Water Diviner (2014) € 1,00
    Sicario (2015) € 1,00
    Gotham (2014) - Season 1 (4 Disc Keepcase with sleeve) € 3,00
    Gotham (2014) - Season 2 (4 Disc Keepcase with sleeve) € 3,00

Dvd:
    The Life of David Gale (2003) € 0,50
    La Vie En Rose (2007) - 2 Disc SE digipack. Gift.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I can't recall if you said you were a fan or not, but apparently this 4K edition of Saving Private Ryan is a must-see. Perfect scores across the board for audio/video quality. Comes out next Tuesday, can't wait for my copy to arrive, followed by Braveheart 4K the week after.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I can't recall if you said you were a fan or not, but apparently this 4K edition of Saving Private Ryan is a must-see. Perfect scores across the board for audio/video quality. Comes out next Tuesday, can't wait for my copy to arrive, followed by Braveheart 4K the week after.

Yeah Saving Private Ryan is a great film I only watched it for the first time a few years ago, funny enough I was just searching 4K titles on Amazon and Ebay. I noticed The Matrix and The Jurassic Park box set is released in 4K in May, so putting some money aside lol
    BD
    The Snowman
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @Creasy47 it had to be done...

5051892209908.jpg
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Those films are rated 15? What??
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,369

Just checked my Bluray Boxset I have had several years, that boxset is rated 12 so they have changed the rating, interesting.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, beautiful! Get you a napkin for all the inevitable drool once those IMAX scenes begin. Breathtaking.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, beautiful! Get you a napkin for all the inevitable drool once those IMAX scenes begin. Breathtaking.

I saw it for £38 new so could not resist it's the cheapest I had seen it, I remember what you said about the upscale, the Blurays already look great so it really must be something can't wait to see the IMAX sequences. It's good timing as I have left the films alone for a few years so looking forward to a rewatch in 4K.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6nt_EUSpbUqWEPB69rqbo_tBz-cXZlYXNW2_11NjMh_V4wr7Q

HD digital download, another Bond movie to add to my tablet library.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

Just checked my Bluray Boxset I have had several years, that boxset is rated 12 so they have changed the rating, interesting.

It's probably to do with the extras. Jaws is a PG, but the DVD and Blu-ray are 12 due to some stuff in the documentary. So I would imagine the same for these - unless they've put back some violence that might have been trimmed to get the original 12A rating.

It's probably to do with the extras. Jaws is a PG, but the DVD and Blu-ray are 12 due to some stuff in the documentary. So I would imagine the same for these - unless they've put back some violence that might have been trimmed to get the original 12A rating.

That's a good point I would certainly welcome any additional extra's.
    @Creasy47 The Dark Knight Trilogy just arrived, I am watching the opening scene of The Dark Knight Wow this looks amazing, I thought it already looked great on Bluray. One thing I have noticed on 4K Blurays (I have 12 now) is the richness of the image if that makes sense.
    @Creasy47 The Dark Knight Trilogy just arrived, I am watching the opening scene of The Dark Knight Wow this looks amazing, I thought it already looked great on Bluray. One thing I have noticed on 4K Blurays (I have 12 now) is the richness of the image if that makes sense.

Agreed; glad you're loving it! There were a few moments throughout TDK/TDKR that it genuinely feels like you're looking out a window watching the events unfold, it looks so crisp and life-like.

Now I'm eager to see those IMAX sequences in the Mission: Impossible series in 4K soon.

Agreed; glad you're loving it! There were a few moments throughout TDK/TDKR that it genuinely feels like you're looking out a window watching the events unfold, it looks so crisp and life-like.

Now I'm eager to see those IMAX sequences in the Mission: Impossible series in 4K soon.

I'll watch the films over the weekend starting with BB, I have been hoping for years that Ghost Protocol would get the full aspect ratio release, I have not heard whether they will on the 4K boxset?
    I'm not sure yet. I'd like to think they will, but we may have to wait a while to see if it's confirmed.
    I'm not sure yet. I'd like to think they will, but we may have to wait a while to see if it's confirmed.

Noticed MI: 1 is released in June, Ghost Protocol will look great in 4K, though the Dubai sequence in full IMAX would be mind blowing. Am I right in think MI: 3 had several IMAX sequences?

Noticed MI: 1 is released in June, Ghost Protocol will look great in 4K, though the Dubai sequence in full IMAX would be mind blowing. Am I right in think MI: 3 had several IMAX sequences?

I don't think it did, but I could be wrong. And yes, they'll all be released on the same day, about a month before Fallout hits theaters, thankfully. Gives me time to go through the series once again before catching that one.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2018 Posts: 4,443
    € 0,50 each.

8712626027119.9f.jpg
    DVD: Stay (2005) Directed by Marc Forster (Quantum Solace)

howard-shore-creating-the-lord-of-the-rings-symphony-1-dvd.jpg
    DVD: Howard Shore Creating the Lord of the Rings Symphony: A Composer's Journey Through Middle-Earth (2004). Back in 2004 whas part of the 5th disc limited edition dvd of Return of The King Extented Cut.

CD: 2track single of Batman & Robin (1997): R. Kellly - Gotham City/Thank God It's Friday.
    MV5BMTU4MjMyMTkxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODA5OTU5._V1._CR15,35,299,438_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG5PXvrxhUZIiETsVffWDeDB-VfcIb2z-lrqpxIvz_mWtkzhTX
    MV5BMTU4MjMyMTkxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODA5OTU5._V1._CR15,35,299,438_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Excellent TV series, much more faithful to Frank Herberts Scifi masterpieces.

I love Lynch's film despite Lynch not liking the film himself, I have not watched the TV mini series I was at Uni back then and missed alot of things. I saw both mini series cheap so had to buy them.

I love Lynch's film despite Lynch not liking the film himself, I have not watched the TV mini series I was at Uni back then and missed alot of things. I saw both mini series cheap so had to buy them.

The movie by Lynch was fine, I also have the somewhat expanded version that does not carry Lynch name as director. These two tv shows are a better representation of the Herbert vision. Do enjoy them I know I did.
    The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978) dir. Sergio Martino, featuring Stacy Keach and Ursula Andress. This is a Shameless Screen Entertainment release, the release date having been put back as one retailer was offended by the cover art so it has had to be tweaked! I'm ordering from Shameless themselves so should still get the 'offensive' artwork. Hooray!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Mountain of the Cannibal God (1978) dir. Sergio Martino, featuring Stacy Keach and Ursula Andress. This is a Shameless Screen Entertainment release, the release date having been put back as one retailer was offended by the cover art so it has had to be tweaked! I'm ordering from Shameless themselves so should still get the 'offensive' artwork. Hooray!

Who was this mighty retailer? Surely in the wrong business.

Who was this mighty retailer? Surely in the wrong business.

Shameless are not naming names…but as far as I know all other retailers are getting the uncensored art.