Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    "Seedy little men with seedy little jokes"
  • RC7RC7
    DCisared wrote: »

Is that you, Jennifer?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Another name thrown around was Georgian actress Elena Satine. She's got a fantastic look, but she'd only be 30 by the time filming begins:

220px-Actress_Elena_Satine_%28cropped_-_Medium_shot%29.jpg

Tell me that's not an instant classic Bond girl.

she is not, at least not in the beauty department imo. Even as a woman, I achnowledge beautiful women Though. I hope, they do find those.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Another name thrown around was Georgian actress Elena Satine. She's got a fantastic look, but she'd only be 30 by the time filming begins:

she is not, at least not in the beauty department imo. Even as a woman, I achnowledge beautiful women Though. I hope, they do find those.
    I wholeheartedly disagree.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love Viggo Mortensen. That would be splendid.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Germanlady wrote: »

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Agreed. She's beautiful.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,548
    Viggo Mortensen would be terrific. I put him in the same category as Mads Mikkelsen. Very underrated.

I came on to suggest his name. Yes, Mortensen fits the bill perfectly.

Male lead: Mortensen
    Female lead: Sylvia Hoeks (so much like Famke, she is PERFECT for this part)
    Male supporting: It sure sounds like they have Dwayne Johnson in mind for this. But I hope not. Cliff Curtis is the only name that comes to mind, and he's too old for the part.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TripAces wrote: »
    Viggo Mortensen would be terrific. I put him in the same category as Mads Mikkelsen. Very underrated.

I came on to suggest his name. Yes, Mortensen fits the bill perfectly.

Male lead: Mortensen
    Female lead: Sylvia Hoeks (so much like Famke, she is PERFECT for this part)
    Male supporting: It sure sounds like they have Dwayne Johnson in mind for this. But I hope not. Cliff Curtis is the only name that comes to mind, and he's too old for the part.
    Sylvia is a fantastic choice as well, hopefully they're willing to widen their search a bit.
    Sylvia Hoeks would be a great choice. It's possible they don't even cast an actual Russian actress but have an actress do a Russian accent. Personally I hope they don't go for an easy big name for the part. Give a chance to a lesser known actress.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    68 weeks out from US release.
    It sounds shorter when put into weeks.
  • MI6 now has its own story about the new production designer. It adds a detail. Gassner had begun preliminary work back when the writers were Purvis & Wade.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-production-designer-mark-tildesley?t=&s=&id=04408
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I remember Elena Satine from Smallville she played Mera, Elena was also in Twin Peaks The Return stunningly attractive woman.

3e6729f49d3ac3739d3a9a21951e8b0d.jpg

MV5BNDVhM2RiMmMtMjNjOS00YWU5LWJlNmMtMDdmYTI2OWFjYzZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,999_AL_.jpg

MI6 now has its own story about the new production designer. It adds a detail. Gassner had begun preliminary work back when the writers were Purvis & Wade.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-production-designer-mark-tildesley?t=&s=&id=04408
    A bit disappointed as Gassner has proven he's one of the best in the business, but I've seen some of Tildesley's work and I believe he can do a cracking job.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A Russian villa ...;) or perhaps villain ...
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Sylvia Hoeks would be a great choice. It's possible they don't even cast an actual Russian actress but have an actress do a Russian accent. Personally I hope they don't go for an easy big name for the part. Give a chance to a lesser known actress.

Well they usually go for lesser know actresses so i wouldn't worry.
    But i am a bit suprised that they are so adamant about casting a actual russian actress. None of the Russian girls in the franchise were ever russian.
    Bianchi was Italian, D'Abo english and Scorupco was Polish.
    Not that i mind, there are plenty of beautiful russian actresses out there.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    What if they were just describing the characters nationalities it doesn't mean they will actually cast a Russian actress
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,423
    It clearly says they are looking for actors of those certain nationalities they specified.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    If so then my money is on elena santine
  • RC7RC7
    Not sure I’d be putting money on anything just yet.
    One thing I could tell, though. Remember when they were looking for a Swedish actress for that Swedish Bond girl they specifically specified? That later turned out to be the French actress Madeleine, whose nationality was presumably changed (she was fluent in French more than anything else, like the actress who portrayed her).

So, RC7 is right on that front. One wouldn't put money on anything just yet.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So it seems every single Cashley rumour was a complete LIE. The Bond movie that was starting to form in my head based on these rumours is NOT the Bond movie Danny Boyle will direct.

We all know the movie Danny Boyle will deliver will be an intensively personal story and I character study of an older Bond assessing his place in the world. This darker thematic material will be juxtoposed with bright colour, dynamic cinematography, and an energetic score. Boyle movie follow the same tropes, so when you look at Bond 25 as a sendoff for Craig, then you instantly see how it fits in with the Boyle mould, and what EON is going for.

We also KNOW that B25 is a disaster waiting to happen.

We seem to KNOW a lot about a film not yet made.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    RC7 wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »

Is that you, Jennifer?

;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    So it seems every single Cashley rumour was a complete LIE. The Bond movie that was starting to form in my head based on these rumours is NOT the Bond movie Danny Boyle will direct.

We all know the movie Danny Boyle will deliver will be an intensively personal story and I character study of an older Bond assessing his place in the world. This darker thematic material will be juxtoposed with bright colour, dynamic cinematography, and an energetic score. Boyle movie follow the same tropes, so when you look at Bond 25 as a sendoff for Craig, then you instantly see how it fits in with the Boyle mould, and what EON is going for.
    We also KNOW that B25 is a disaster waiting to happen.
    Well, Dimi, that all depends on what day it is. I mark the calendar: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are designated as 'B25 doomed to fail' days, and on all other days, it's good times ahead.

Looking forward to the weekend.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    00Agent wrote: »
    None of the Russian girls in the franchise were ever russian.

Kara is from Bratislava, hence she's a Slovak, but you do have a point.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    One thing I could tell, though. Remember when they were looking for a Swedish actress for that Swedish Bond girl they specifically specified? That later turned out to be the French actress Madeleine, whose nationality was presumably changed (she was fluent in French more than anything else, like the actress who portrayed her).

That's because the Bond girl was initially supposed to be a Swedish CIA agent, if I recall correctly.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    00Agent wrote: »
    None of the Russian girls in the franchise were ever russian.

Kara is from Bratislava, hence she's a Slovak, but you do have a point.

True, also to be fair i think it would have been much tougher to find an good russian actress in the 60's or even 80's, than it is now.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Yes, that's probably true.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,241

Where they? If so, they missed the opportunity of casting Alicia Vikander! :-O
    Walecs wrote: »

That's because the Bond girl was initially supposed to be a Swedish CIA agent, if I recall correctly.
    No. The Swedish character and the CIA agent were two different characters.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    I listened to a song by Dua Lipa yesterday... she's alright... I am curious about what she will bring to the theme song.