No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Mike Myers to cameo
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    barryt007 wrote: »
    [img][/img]Rumor has it is they are bringing Matt Monro back from the dead to sing the theme song

From Heaven with Love ?

00-Heaven
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Walecs wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    [img][/img]Rumor has it is they are bringing Matt Monro back from the dead to sing the theme song

From Heaven with Love ?

00-Heaven

:) ;) :D
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    The return of a former Bond. Let's mention Dalton or Brosnan meeting EON recently several times until CashleyPersia creates a thread on Reddit.

Oooh! Brosnan back for the film he should have got? I'd like that!
    Maybe the only way Boyle's "idea" could work would be for a former Bond to return?

Brosnan is obviously back to sing the theme song :P

Of course!
    giphy.gif
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Bond films featuring russian Villains, a russian Bond girl, and especially both, are some of the best in the franchise. GE, TLD, TSWLM, FRWL (i would include OP).
    Its the one thing that Daniel stil needed, his 'russia' movie.
    Always bet on Kaviar (Beluga) it seems.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,443
    From my Bondgirl sugest list:

images8D92_D046_00031.jpg?fit=4624%2C3082&ssl=1
    Alexandra Maria Lara (The reader, Control, Geostorm) German, but born in Romania in 1978. Will turn 40 in November.

2122817_7759753.jpg
    Silvia Busuioc (The Snowman). Born in Moldava in 1989. Lived in Italy and iam not sjure,mabey now in the VS.

MV5BMjQ3MTYzNDczM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDIzNjYxNDM@._V1_.jpg-gRL3lyPSb_KN9Jx7Sda8g~V-Lond-ne-Gabriela-predviedla-ne-n-ipkovan.jpg?t=LzgwMHg0NTAvc21hcnQ%3D&h=l7uOfuC5H4qPhs88q003TQ&e=2145916800&v=2
    Gabriela Marcinková (360, Move On) Born in 1988 in Czechoslovakia. Played with Mads Mikkelsen in Move On.

elena-headshot.jpg
    Elena Beuca (Soldiers of Fortune with Sean Bean) start as actres. She also direct movies. American since 2007. http://filmthreat.com/interviews/elena-beuca-talks-to-strangers/

mads-mikkelsen-gabriela-marcinkova-alexandra-maria-lara-asger-leth-DX80TF.jpg
    Gabriela Marcinková and Alexandra Maria Lara with Mads.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 5,767
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    What appeals most to me in regards to the 60s setting would be that they can put alot of that current Hashtag-Stuff aside and don‘t need to be PC.
    I think it´s rather the opposite, they would probably put all that stuff on the 60s.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,423
    jake24 wrote: »
    Heard they approached Drake and Miley Cyrus for a duet song in regards to B25.
    Jokes on you, those two would never collaborate. ;)
    Never say never. ;)

Ring any bells?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @M_Balje Interesting suggestions, but the best one out of those is too young for Craig (Silvia).
    Never say never. ;)

Ring any bells?
    Flagged.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    The return of a former Bond. Let's mention Dalton or Brosnan meeting EON recently several times until CashleyPersia creates a thread on Reddit.

Oooh! Brosnan back for the film he should have got? I'd like that!
    Maybe the only way Boyle's "idea" could work would be for a former Bond to return?

Brosnan is obviously back to sing the theme song :P

Of course!
    giphy.gif

And even better, we would even get Stellan Skarsgard AND Colin Firth on top. :D
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,291
    As @jake24 writes; good suggestions, @M_Balje! Unfamiliar with most of these names, but Alexandra Maria Lara is a good actress. Can remember her from a couple of spy/Cold War related titles: The Company (TV mini series with Chris O'Donnell, Michael Keaton and others), and L'affaire Farewell. I guess Emir Kusturica, who plays one of the leads in the latter fits the descriptions of the male leading role from the casting call.

Edit: here he is in the film:
    86893.jpg
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,423
    @M_Balje Interesting suggestions, but the best one out of those is too young for Craig (Silvia).
    Never say never. ;)

Ring any bells?
    Flagged.

(Fast forward to 0:22)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :))
    Never say never. ;)

Ring any bells?
    Flagged.

(Fast forward to 0:22)

This was a good reminder that Friends could be quite funny at times!
    So it seems every single Cashley rumour was a complete LIE. The Bond movie that was starting to form in my head based on these rumours is NOT the Bond movie Danny Boyle will direct.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    So it seems every single Cashley rumour was a complete LIE. The Bond movie that was starting to form in my head based on these rumours is NOT the Bond movie Danny Boyle will direct.

We all know the movie Danny Boyle will deliver will be an intensively personal story and I character study of an older Bond assessing his place in the world. This darker thematic material will be juxtoposed with bright colour, dynamic cinematography, and an energetic score. Boyle movie follow the same tropes, so when you look at Bond 25 as a sendoff for Craig, then you instantly see how it fits in with the Boyle mould, and what EON is going for.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Cashley admitted he's not to be trusted after yesterday's announcement, so he was attempting to fool everyone.

We all know the movie Danny Boyle will deliver will be an intensively personal story and I character study of an older Bond assessing his place in the world. This darker thematic material will be juxtoposed with bright colour, dynamic cinematography, and an energetic score. Boyle movie follow the same tropes, so when you look at Bond 25 as a sendoff for Craig, then you instantly see how it fits in with the Boyle mould, and what EON is going for.

Boy has found his crystal ball again. So happy....
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    The Boyle Mode. OK, well, I don't know any of that for sure; no.
    But I think Boyle is a good choice. He's an interesting director and I look forward to this film. I am curious about the script of course as he had some special idea and EON really went for it.
  • RC7RC7
    I’m well versed in Boyle’s oeuvre, but this is a very different proposition to anything he’s done before. It will no doubt have a number of Boylian ticks, but he’s working In a different medium on a different canvas and with markedly different expectations. That’s what’s exciting for me.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,291

We really don't know anything. For all we know Boyle might just want to do a more lighthearted one-off mission without personal angles. The big "idea" might be far away from what we might think it will be, as well.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    What is great about Boyle is that he is a trendsetter. He will be an asset to the series.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    I’m well versed in Boyle’s oeuvre, but this is a very different proposition to anything he’s done before. It will no doubt have a number of Boylian ticks, but he’s working In a different medium on a different canvas and with markedly different expectations. That’s what’s exciting for me.

That's what has me quite intrigued, too: you know what to expect from a typical Boyle production, but something of this magnitude and scope should be even more unique.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 2,107
    I’m somewhat surprised that Dua Lipa is the name that has ‘leaked’ out.

She very much fits the mould that Eon/Sam Mendes set with SF and SP. She’s the most zeitgeisty singer from the UK that is causing the biggest wave internationally (and most importantly in the US). She has massive cachet and her name would bring a huge amount of attention .

I've never heard of her. Then again I don't much care for modern music.

• edited July 2018 Posts: 2,107
    I think they should just use instrumental version of "You Know My Name" for the main titles.

R. I. P. Chris Cornell.
    90% of the time I hardly understand a word Dua Lipa sings.
    taika-jojo-rabbit-hitler.png

This. It's the same with more than a few contemporary/modern artists; they don't pronounce the words, they just half mumble themselves through the lyrics.

This. It's the same with more than a few contemporary/modern artists; they don't pronounce the words, they just half mumble themselves through the lyrics.
    Thank you!!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,588
    It just dawned on me that Lawrence Makoare (Mr. Kill) was also Māori. So it won't be the first.