No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    peter wrote: »
    Boyle has started filming his other project, right? How long was the filming of that movie supposed to last?

About 3 or 4 months I think.

Wrong.

Filming begun last week and will finish early/mid June. Approximately six weeks (Boyle is known for coming in often under-schedule)

Hey guys, I just received an email from @ColonelSun that the actual shooting schedule for the Boyle film is twelve weeks, not six.

Thanks, @peter. Good to have some information from @ColonelSun.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No problem @Tuxedo...!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Boyle has started filming his other project, right? How long was the filming of that movie supposed to last?

About 3 or 4 months I think.

Wrong.

Filming begun last week and will finish early/mid June. Approximately six weeks (Boyle is known for coming in often under-schedule)

Hey guys, I just received an email from @ColonelSun that the actual shooting schedule for the Boyle film is twelve weeks, not six.

Plenty of time for pre-production work on bond 25
  • peterpeter Toronto
    yes there is @Goldeneye0094.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    yes there is @Goldeneye0094.

Anything else @ColonelSun told you?
    Tanner could always stand in for M, when M's on leave.

Maybe not this Tanner though.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I have absolutely no problem with dropping Fiennes.

This may sound old fashioned, but I miss the days when M looked like Bernard Lee.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I have absolutely no problem with dropping Fiennes.
    Me neither. For tradition's sake, Whishaw is the only one I need to continue, even after Craig leaves.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree. As much as I was excited by both of them entering the picture in SF, SP really soured me on Fiennes and the new Moneypenny.
    Same.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 15,818
    I agree. As much as I was excited by both of them entering the picture in SF, SP really soured me on Fiennes and the new Moneypenny.

Me, too I'm afraid.
    They simply don't have the magic that Lee and Maxwell had.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Just keep Q. he's the only MI6 regular in Craig's era that I care about.
    I don't have problem with either of them. But I was a bit bummed out when she was cast as Moneypenny, as I would have liked to see her as one of the Bond girls at some point or another. Not as Penny.

Closest I got to srr her as Bond girl was in After the Sunset.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    yes @Goldeneye0094 -- @ColonelSun has close relationships/knowledge to what's going on in the ever-exciting world of Bond (I know this for a fact), but--

He was like the redditor guy who's now been maligned as a fraud and liar if he doesn't "prove" his identity.

To be honest, I was surprised @ColonelSun wanted to correct the erroneous reporting of Boyle's shooting dates.

Speaking to him more, he assured me that he wanted us to get one fact right for a change. And he gave us that tidbit.

Any other information must come from the Colonel himself. All I can say on my end: I know who he is; I know the films he's directed and; he gave me the great pleasure of reading the projects he's going into (and holy s*** they're great).

P

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Same!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Maybe Fiennes will record his briefing and Bond will watch it at home.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    SharkBait wrote: »

I don't even want this Tanner standing in for a telephone pole.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    SharkBait wrote: »

I don't even want this Tanner standing in for a telephone pole.

If it means hammering electric wires into his head, then surely we can allow it?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don't even want this Tanner standing in for Tanner.

Which is basically what he has been doing the whole time, much like Brosnan stood in for Bond.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Brosnan clearly wasn't the best but he was a good Bond.
    he was good in the computer game.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Haha
    I thought Brosnan was alright in Goldeneye; there was a sharpness to him but personally, I thought he was borderline terrible in his next three. I don't know what happened... Maybe in Goldeneye he received some good direction from Campbell.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    l'll make a couple of points, simply my opinion:
    ~ Brosnan was a wonderful Bond. Loved him then, love him still.
    ~ Our longstanding member @ColonelSun is great, and he has no need to prove anything. He is 100% legit, and we are lucky he shares anything with us.
    ~ Doyle - I am happy about, just want it truly confirmed. He could be a very interesting director, and I mean that in a good way (unlike say, Guy Ritchie - who would be interesting but signalling the whole time it is a GUY RITCHIE film and he is oh so clever).
    ~ Writers - are any actually confirmed? I am one of perhaps a minority who is happy for P&W to be involved to some extent. So shoot me.
    ~ Fiennes possibly not returning? I would not lose sleep over it, though he is fine in the role.
    ~ Harris I want back. I like her Moneypenny and interplay with Daniel's Bond very much.
    ~ Tanner - again not losing sleep, though he is okay.
    ~ Felix - oh I do want him back, yes. I like Jeffrey a lot in that role and it's definitely time to bring him back.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Whishaw should never leave now, but the rest can go. M will need to be recast, but not sure we need Miss Moneypenny. She's a bit redundant, IMO, since they can't flirt like they used to anymore without making a splash.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    But Moneypenny was always pretty much not necessary - she just became a beloved staple. I really like Naomie and Daniel, so out of all of the "office staff" I want her to stay. And bring Felix back. Just on my wish list.
    Is anyone else worried Bond 25 could be the last real Bond film as we know Bond? I'm worried things could change too drastically for what comes after Craig. Very worried.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Whishaw should never leave now, but the rest can go. M will need to be recast, but not sure we need Miss Moneypenny. She's a bit redundant, IMO, since they can't flirt like they used to anymore without making a splash.

What?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Is anyone else worried Bond 25 could be the last real Bond film as we know Bond? I'm worried things could change too drastically for what comes after Craig. Very worried.

Yes, I'm extremely anxious too, which is why I had hoped the Craig era could wrap up sooner and we could have fit one more proper era in before the big changes come. The downside of drawing things out like this is that it takes so much longer to move on to the next vision.
    I wouldn't mind a MP who merges with something like the function of the Tanner from the novels: A burning hot female being kind of friendly with Bond, but also being clearly superior to him (and in no way losing her step over feminist issues), similar to how M is clearly superior ro her, thus making M more detached from Bond.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,619
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Things will change drastically, for the better. There is no way Nolan will let us down.