Mi6 Members Past and Present Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I remember that one time a few years back when @Thunderfinger tried (and failed) to get an account on MI6 for each of his other 5 personalities. The mods were willing to be sympathetic to the two more benevolent personalities he had (Golly Gee Thundy and Altruistic Thundy), but the other three (Horny Thundy, Raging Thundy and Nihilistic Thundy) were deemed too chaotic and risky to receive accounts here; a choice had to be made for the rest of the community's safety and sanity to deny him what he wanted. After all, the Thundy we have now creates enough hysteria as it is!
    It is a merger of them all. The height of creation.
    So you admit you're Adolf Rasputin Bonaparte.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I remember that one time a few years back when @Thunderfinger tried (and failed) to get an account on MI6 for each of his other 5 personalities. The mods were willing to be sympathetic to the two more benevolent personalities he had (Golly Gee Thundy and Altruistic Thundy), but the other three (Horny Thundy, Raging Thundy and Nihilistic Thundy) were deemed too chaotic and risky to receive accounts here; a choice had to be made for the rest of the community's safety and sanity to deny him what he wanted. After all, the Thundy we have now creates enough hysteria as it is!
    So you admit you're Adolf Rasputin Bonaparte.

Us white people are the best, never mind names.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Sounds more like a distortion of creation. And a diabolical one at that, you monster!
  • Most of my contribution to this community and has been primarily fan art based :D
    Most of my contribution to this community and has been primarily fan art based :D

And great quality it has been too...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Most of my contribution to this community and has been primarily fan art based :D
    Nothing wrong with that, especially the way you do it. We have a brilliant art community here.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @MadeleineSwann
    You have made some of the best things I've ever seen floating around here, and trust me, the stuff that @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 or @PropertyOfALady, par exemple, create, is already bar raising material.
  • Ah thank you guys, really appreciate it :D
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @MadeleineSwann
    You have made some of the best things I've ever seen floating around here, and trust me, the stuff that @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 or @PropertyOfALady, par exemple, create, is already bar raising material.

Really? You think so? Brady I understand, but me?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I would like to pay my respects to @noSolaceleft.

Hated on here by many for his controversial views, his sending off reminds of "lord of the flies". People called him every name under the sun, including many words which are not allowed here, yet they are allowed to remain here, because they were on the side of the many, not on their own. I suppose if you speak your mind, and it is not the popular opinion, then you are the problem.

I found your views very interesting, even if I didn't always agree. We need more people like that, not less.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Hated on here by many for his controversial views, his sending off reminds of "lord of the flies". People called him every name under the sun, including many words which are not allowed here, yet they are allowed to remain here, because they were on the side of the many, not on their own. I suppose if you speak your mind, and it is not the popular opinion, then you are the problem.

I found your views very interesting, even if I didn't always agree. We need more people like that, not less.

Just a quick point I want to bring up, and I am not singling anyone out, but just because @noSolaceleft has been banned, that doesn't mean that anyone else remaining is free to act as he did.
  • RC7RC7

Birdleson wrote: »
    No question the guy could hold his own against a horde of adversaries.

Ha ha. Love the eulogising, as if he was some lone wolf up against the masses. He shared the same general prevailing opinion many on here ascribe to. No faith in EON, no belief in Craig; he was just more relentlessly vociferous about it.

I don’t know why he was banned. I just thought he was an A-hole and I’m sure that was reciprocated.

Anyhow, I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over it @Mendes4Lyfe - based on his posts he’s probably on a yacht somewhere doing blow off a model’s tits.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

I understand your point Mendes4Lyfe but every member gets spoken to privately about behaviour, if we see fit. And some apologise and get on with it. Others ignore us, and continue to wind people up almost deliberately.

We don't support any pro-Craig movement, even if it seems like it to you. All our decisions are based on what is best for the forums.
    RC7 wrote: »

Ha ha. Love the eulogising, as if he was some lone wolf up against the masses. He shared the same general prevailing opinion many on here ascribe to. No faith in EON, no belief in Craig; he was just more relentlessly vociferous about it.

I don’t know why he was banned. I just thought he was an A-hole and I’m sure that was reciprocated.

Anyhow, I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over it @Mendes4Lyfe - based on his posts he’s probably on a yacht somewhere doing blow off a model’s tits.

Yeah I'm not sure he was even in the minority really. At the end of the day I think no matter what your opinions are, there's no need to be a dick about them, but he was and was pretty full of himself too. Can't say I'll miss him.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Agreed.
    Agreed again.

Yeah I'm not sure he was even in the minority really. At the end of the day I think no matter what your opinions are, there's no need to be a dick about them, but he was and was pretty full of himself too. Can't say I'll miss him.
    He wasn't the most eloquent or agreeable poster certainly, but he wasn't the only one. Not by a long shot.
    NicNac wrote: »

I understand your point Mendes4Lyfe but every member gets spoken to privately about behaviour, if we see fit. And some apologise and get on with it. Others ignore us, and continue to wind people up almost deliberately.

We don't support any pro-Craig movement, even if it seems like it to you. All our decisions are based on what is best for the forums.
    Yesterday he asked a specific question about something which was proclaimed here and then was berated publicly. I tried to dial it down because I knew where this was headed, but alas the decision was taken mid stream. There are certain members who see fit to call out and embarrass others directly. Others see fit to cast judgment on a group of members when they express an opinion not in synch with their own. The next time that happens, I hope it is addressed. Publicly and quickly. It's usually the same culprits. @Mendes4Lyfe in particular has been picked on several times here and I want to congratulate him for not taking it personally and not responding to provocation. My hat's off to you.

Just a quick point I want to bring up, and I am not singling anyone out, but just because @noSolaceleft has been banned, that doesn't mean that anyone else remaining is free to act as he did.
    Thank you.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I won't make too fine a point on this, @bondjames, but nosolace asked a question of me. I answered.

And then he went about and the subtext was clear: I knew not what I was speaking about. His usual game.

I didn't care for him in the slightest, but was not involved in his expulsion. And I don't think there was a conspiracy to get rid of him.

nosolace got nosolace banned.
    Nobody said anything about a conspiracy but thank you for putting your two cents in on my post. Once again you read into things where nothing was intended, and in this case draw attention to yourself.

We know your feelings on him. You expressed it numerous times both publicly and privately. It was clear.

Moving along.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 12,837
    peter wrote: »
    nosolace got nosolace banned.

I agree. The reason he had so many people against him was his attitude. Not his opinions. @MajorDSmythe isn't a fan of the Craig era at all and has been fairly vocal about that yet he's been around for years and he's respected by other members as well as being a mod, because he doesn't go around saying "I'm right and you're wrong, look how amazing I am, if you disagree you're just a moron who can't appreciate logic and reason" like solace did.

I was actually in the camp sticking up for him at one point but he seemed to get worse imo. Bought it on himself.
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2018 Posts: 10,512
    bondjames wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about a conspiracy but thank you for putting your two cents in on my post. Once again you read into things where nothing was intended, and in this case draw attention to yourself.

We know your feelings on him. You expressed it numerous times both publicly and privately. It was clear.

Moving along.

I’m sure others welcome your moral arbitration in these matters, but I personally don’t need it. When ‘certain members’ i.e. me, call posters out, it’s far easier to just tell me straight. I don’t need the subterfuge. I’m a big boy, I can take it.

A lot of what I say is said in jest and if I’ve overstepped the mark at any point the Mods have dealt with it. I don’t have a problem with that.

But I call a spade a spade, and if someone is acting the goat I’ll call it, not shroud it in BS, and welcome the same in return. If anyone has an issue, tell me straight or flag it.

The constant moralising is tedious. We’re all adults who come to blows now and again. If the mods don’t like it they can and will act.

Moving along.

I’m sure others welcome your moral arbitration in these matters, but I personally don’t need it. When ‘certain members’ i.e. me, call posters out, it’s far easier to just tell me straight. I don’t need the subterfuge. I’m a big boy, I can take it.

A lot of what I say is said in jest and if I’ve overstepped the mark at any point the Mods have dealt with it. I don’t have a problem with that.

But I call a spade a spade, and if someone is acting the goat I’ll call it, not shroud it in BS, and welcome the same in return. If anyone has an issue, tell me straight or flag it.

The constant moralising is tedious. We’re all adults who come to blows now and again. If the mods don’t like it they can and will act.
    If I was going to call you out, I would, don't worry.

I'll make sure to keep your advice in mind for the next time, and as always there regrettably will be a next time although it's less prevalent than it used to be thankfully.

You're right about the moralizing. Tedious indeed.
  • RC7RC7

Moving along.

I'll make sure to keep your advice in mind for the next time, and as always there regrettably will be a next time although it's less prevalent than it used to be thankfully.

Just hit that flag.

Moving along.

Just hit that flag.
    Noted.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Moving along.

Rolling eyes.

Now moving on.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I thank the mods for their addressing the situation, and to do so with understanding.

Also, as this is the appropriate thread, thank you to @bondjames for continuing to be the calm, kind, diplomatic and clear-headed presence that he has been ever since I have been a part of this site.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @thunderpussy-- appropriate and thank you.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,254
    RC7 is a passionate dude (and hilarious for anyone with a sense of humour)... So this is an appropriate thread to say: I appreciate @ColonelSun, @RC7, @Creasy47, @Last_Rat_Standing, @FoxRox, @Germanlady, @ClarkDevlin, @Murdock, @bondsum, @DonnyDB5, @tripaces (love the name), @Bentley007, @barryt007 (happy wedding!!), @ggl007, @ the very fair mods-- ALL of them-- ... and so many more who don't play sanctimonious and trivial games and are honest (whether we agree, or disagree and; they don't play games of passive-aggressiveness)... and they certainly don't resort to bringing in one's family, and they don't exonerate those that do bring in family (just cowardly)-- you're awesome and why I come back time and again.
    @Mendes4Lyfe, thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
    @peter Thank you so much for the mention and kind words. You are one of my favorite members we have here!!!

I’d like to also mention my appreciation for @Birdleson, a fellow lover of great classic films in addition to Bond films. He is one of my favorite members here and I like to think of him as a friend; hope he feels the same way about me!
    Awesome! Hugs and drinks all around!!!