Mi6 Members Past and Present Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We can be a bunch of introverts sometimes. :))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

my favourite member of this site by far is of course @TheWizardOfIce
    A bit disappointing this thread doesn't get more attention.
    I thought there are way more kiss-asses on this forum :))

No one likes a kiss arse mate! ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited June 2017 Posts: 8,087
    I miss @mcdonbb presence around here sometimes. A great member, I hope he's alright.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    oh my favourite Texan, yes! Where is he?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    oh my favourite Texan, yes! Where is he?

No love for Felix Leiter, you bastard?
    I'm feeling the Lurve in the room peeps...say your appreciation for your respected members !!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I want to say thanks to every person on here and hope every one of you stays on the forum forever! You all make this place special.

Particular shoutout to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - whenever he writes an observation or review I enjoy it. Plenty of good,measured insight. He's reasoned and impassioned - as can be viewed in his championing of Quantum of Solace.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    @IGUANNA, mcdonbb, and of course Jason ;) hopefully they return at some point.
    Just curious,but does any long-term member know what happened to St George,Simon and the White Tuxedo ?

Or did they just disappear ?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    St George is very active on facebook - speak regularly, but I think his time here is done.
    Simon went years ago. I think he just drifted away from the Bond world.

Tux led the rebels away from here when the old KTBEU forum closed down.
    NicNac wrote: »
    St George is very active on facebook - speak regularly, but I think his time here is done.

Tux led the rebels away from here when the old KTBEU forum closed down.

Aaah yes I forgot about Tux doing that,do you know what happened to their plans ?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    They started a forum of their own which still exists as far as I know. More a vanity project than anything
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28,694
    I miss St. George's holiday surprises every Christmas.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I wasn't around for them.
  • SimonSimon Keeping The British End Up...
    NicNac wrote: »

Simon? Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.

Well, about 20 minutes anyway.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great avatar whoever you are.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 57
    whoever you are.

I am from a bygone era of MI6 (reader from c.1999) , and I am surprised my name even got a mention a few posts up if I am honest.

I just peruse occasionally, my posting days were slightly... inflammatory.

Edit: And yes, thank you, the avatar is great ;)
    Is anyone going to make a Simon Says joke?
    Simon wrote: »
    whoever you are.

I am from a bygone era of MI6 (reader from c.1999) , and I am surprised my name even got a mention a few posts up if I am honest.

I just peruse occasionally, my posting days were slightly... inflammatory.

Edit: And yes, thank you, the avatar is great ;)

Simon me old matey,welcome back,i was just asking about you the other day !!!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome back, @Simon. Great avatar indeed! Good to see some old-time members returning here. All before my time, even.
    Thank you @Dragonpol and @barryt007 , but I am not back. At least, not beyond a quick post or two. I only really signed in again because I do browse here occasionally anyway, and I saw my name come up a few days ago. Normal, anonymous, service will be resumed shortly :)
    edited December 2017 Posts: 17,804
    Thank you @Dragonpol and @barryt007 , but I am not back. At least, not beyond a quick post or two. I only really signed in again because I do browse here occasionally anyway, and I saw my name come up a few days ago. Normal, anonymous, service will be resumed shortly :)

Oh, well nice to have had you here, for however briefly!

Are you the same @Simon who is on CBn Forums I wonder?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Simon
    A ghost from the past. Good to see you're still alive, sir.
  • I'd like to give a shoutout to @bondjames. One of the most level headed and eloquent people I've ever spoken to on here. I always enjoy @Birdleson's posts too and I think I've spent the last couple of years falling completely in love with @Thunderfinger to be honest.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @thelivingroyale, thank you kindly sir. Likewise I feel the same way about you. I always enjoy reading any of your posts. Well argued, with a balanced perspective always. It's truly a pleasure.

There are so many other members of course that make this place a fantastic place to spend time and you've mentioned some of them in your post above. There are many more of course including the excellent mod team. Honestly, I have rarely come across a disagreeable member here. Just very passionate ones who sometimes let that passion go a bit far. Understandable, given how important we all are in the grand scheme of things and our influence on the life changing topics we discuss here. LOL.

PS: I'm going to try and take in a viewing of TWINE today. Let's see what you think of my level headedness after I post a few post viewing comments.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    PS: I'm going to try and take in a viewing of TWINE today. Let's see what you think of my level headedness after I post a few post viewing comments.

When you get to the shoulderrrrrr and pain face scenes just remember my kind words and think how happy I'd be to have a fellow TWINE fan ;) Seriously though I do hope you enjoy it this time round. Love that film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »

When you get to the shoulderrrrrr and pain face scenes just remember my kind words and think how happy I'd be to have a fellow TWINE fan ;) Seriously though I do hope you enjoy it this time round. Love that film.
    Ha ha. I will surely do that. Your comments along with those of a few other members who've viewed it recently (there was some heavy praise for it earlier in the week) are what has motivated this viewing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You re too kind, @thelivingroyale .
    Dragonpol wrote: »

@Dragonpol I have/had an account at CBn, purely because way back when, MI6 and CBn shared a message board so I signed up there. However, I can pretty much guarantee that the poster you are referring to is not me. I haven't posted there since MI6 got it's own in 2000/2001ish or whenever it was.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

@Dragonpol I have/had an account at CBn, purely because way back when, MI6 and CBn shared a message board so I signed up there. However, I can pretty much guarantee that the poster you are referring to is not me. I haven't posted there since MI6 got it's own in 2000/2001ish or whenever it was.

Ah, I see. Good to know.