The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    image.axd?picture=%2F2014%2F08%2FGoldfinger-50th-Steel-book-Blu-ray.jpg

Picked this Steelbook up at a very reasonable price.
    Nice. One of the very best Bond films in a cool package.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Nice. One of the very best Bond films in a cool package.

Won it on ebay sealed for £12 decent price, I like the art work
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The GF steelbooks should be first come, first serve rare productions, crafted out of pure gold. It's the only sensible way to release the film in this format.
    The GF steelbooks should be first come, first serve rare productions, crafted out of pure gold. It's the only sensible way to release the film in this format.

I would buy a pure gold Goldfinger movie case that would be awesome
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    517B8IDu5RL._SY445_.jpg

After watching Evil Under the Sun bought this HD download, Death on the Nile easily the best Peter Ustinov Poirot film.

Lois Chiles is gorgeous in this film.

Have to say, never took to Ustinov as Poirot. Described in the books as a dapper little man, I found Ustinov too large and imposing for the character. For me David Suchet is the ultimate Poirot.
    Yes, Lois looks lovely in this film, it's got quite an impressive cast - even has Manimal in it!
    giphy.gif

Manimal needs a remake, so does Streethawk

Agree Ustinov was miscast and his films got progressively worse, Suchet created a great legacy certainly the definitive Poirot.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    9200000048018139.jpg
    Bluray Cult Classic Boxset (2015): Easy Rider (1969)/ Midnight Express (1978) / Taxi Driver (1976) € 9,00 (New) With every movie have his own keepcase.

9200000056915393.jpg
    Soundtrack: John Debney - The Jungle Book (2016) € 8,00 (New)
    Today, I received the last DVDs I needed to complete my collection of Doctor Who DVDs, to wit :

91TJyJ-T5HL._SY445_.jpg

MV5BMTMxNjI1MTExOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ5NzIwNg@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

8144GfhAY6L._SY445_.jpg

71TAHMST9KL._SY445_.jpg

remembrance_20of_20the_20daleks_20dvd_20cover.jpg

dvd-doctor-who-the-greatest-show-in-the-galaxy.jpg

51jsMCjTNNL._SY445_.jpg

510FYADZZSL._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg

latest?cb=20090827103743

latest?cb=20110422084718

51apQWsDbRL._SY445_.jpg

So, it's official : I have the most complete Doctor Who DVD collection yet. The two series, the four spin-offs and the DTV produced by BBV and Reeltime. The only things missing are the 18 advenutrees not on DVD because of missing episodes, Shakedown (not yet on DVD) and Anomaly (which will be published, if all goes well, in november.

Oh, and this too :

81xvVNGI9yL._SY445_.jpg
    HD downloads...

Livraison-gratuite-straight-outta-compton-Affiche-HD-ACCUEIL-D-coration-MURALE-Personnalis-e-ART-IMPRIMER-Soie.jpg_640x640.jpg

81HwZsPbmkL._RI_.jpg

Not a movie though the original score double CD...

a0063374684_10.jpg

Also a few other film scores I bought recently...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_44la0we-ksYPeqHMjU9JuVoyNKHJqQeZzNntR5aa7sKsW630

WatchmenScoreTylerBates.jpg

latest?cb=20170421210218
    BD
    the Mummy trilogy
    Godzilla (Broderick version)
    61aTGQUlYoL._SX342_.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    61aTGQUlYoL._SX342_.jpg

Oh you nasty man.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    61aTGQUlYoL._SX342_.jpg

Oh you nasty man.

They are amusing the last film is on TV now, never actually seen American Pie Reunion picked all four films up on ebay for £7.99
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,291
    61aTGQUlYoL._SX342_.jpg

The early to mid 00's for me right there. There were so many comedies like the American Pie films during that period.
    61aTGQUlYoL._SX342_.jpg

The early to mid 00's for me right there. There were so many comedies like the American Pie films during that period.

Agreed... I am revisiting comedies from that time, I can't believe American Pie was almost 20 years ago, where has time gone I am roughly the same age as most of the cast.
    61aTGQUlYoL._SX342_.jpg

Agreed... I am revisiting comedies from that time, I can't believe American Pie was almost 20 years ago, where has time gone I am roughly the same age as most of the cast.

Time flies, that's for sure!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Dvd:

Ghost Whisperer (2005) - Season 3 (5 disc slimcase set) € 4,00
    McLeod's Daughters - Season 5 part 1 (4 disc slimcase set with first 16 episodes) € 3,00

BD:

8712609605969.jpg
    Ghostbusters (2016) - 3 Disc 3D release (3D + 2D + Bonus disc) € 7,50 (New)

9200000065757019.jpg
    Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016) - 2 Disc 3D release (3D + 2D) € 7,50 (New)
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    71zkmvqaRVL._SX342_.jpg

I have only previously owned these films on VHS, these movies are long over due for a revisit

66113_large.jpg

Bought this also Wes Block is not that far removed from Harry Callahan, when I watched Tightrope as a kid initially I thought it was a Dirty Harry film.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Dirty Harry > The Dead Pool > Magnum Force > Sudden Impact > The Enforcer.

I want to watch Tightrope.

I agree that Wes Block is very close to Harry Callahan,as is Ben Shockley in The Gauntlet,i feel.

Even Nick Pulovski in The Rookie seems like an ageing Callahan.
    (Could have been 8 DH films !!)
    I love the first Dirty Harry and Magnum Force,
    But I don't rate the rest of them!
    I remember reading that 'Code of Silence' The Chuck Norris actioner was originally a Dirty Harry script but Clint turned it down so they cast Chucky instead!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I love the first Dirty Harry and Magnum Force,
    But I don't rate the rest of them!
    I remember reading that 'Code of Silence' The Chuck Norris actioner was originally a Dirty Harry script but Clint turned it down so they cast Chucky instead!

I just love anything with Clint starring in it,so I had to get them all (apart from The Rookie,that's difficult to get cheap still ).

barryt007 wrote: »
    71zkmvqaRVL._SX342_.jpg

I have only previously owned these films on VHS, these movies are long over due for a revisit

66113_large.jpg

Bought this also Wes Block is not that far removed from Harry Callahan, when I watched Tightrope as a kid initially I thought it was a Dirty Harry film.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Dirty Harry > The Dead Pool > Magnum Force > Sudden Impact > The Enforcer.

I want to watch Tightrope.

I agree that Wes Block is very close to Harry Callahan,as is Ben Shockley in The Gauntlet,i feel.

Even Nick Pulovski in The Rookie seems like an ageing Callahan.
    (Could have been 8 DH films !!)

For me :

1.Magnum Force
    2.Dirty Harry
    3.Sudden Impact
    4.The Dead Pool
    5.The Enforcer
    I enjoyed The Rookie when I saw it in cinema.
    Some great action scenes, particularly the opener with the car transporter!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I think the quality of the Dirty Harry films descend with the entries that come chronologically. Dirty Harry is masterful, Magnum Force is great, The Enforcer is good, but the remaining two are average and bad respectively. On my last marathon, I skipped the last two.
    I think the quality of the Dirty Harry films descend with the entries that come chronologically. Dirty Harry is masterful, Magnum Force is great, The Enforcer is good, but the remaining two are average and bad respectively. On my last marathon, I skipped the last two.

Spot on.
    I only have the first two on DVD.
    Was thinking of purchasing Clints 'The Eiger Sanction' it was one those staple Eastwood movies the BBC used to show on a Monday night! Haven't seen it for a while.

Spot on.
    Was thinking of purchasing Clints 'The Eiger Sanction' it was one those staple Eastwood movies the BBC used to show on a Monday night! Haven't seen it for a while.

Good film,the only thing is once you know the murderer it stays in your mind forever (well my mind) so its difficult to watch,knowing everything !!

Spot on.

Good film,the only thing is once you know the murderer it stays in your mind forever (well my mind) so its difficult to watch,knowing everything !!

True. But still entertaining if I recall.
    Wasn't the guy who enlists Eastwoods character (think he was called Dragon?) Rather like a Bond villain?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Spot on.
    I still haven't seen The Eiger Sanction, but it's been on my list for far too long because it's a spy thriller from what I've read, which, for me, makes it instantly interesting.

Spot on.

Haven't watched The Eiger Sanction in at least 12 years. Have totally forgot the plot, and will be watching this one soon!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi
    star-wars-the-last-jedi-blu-ray-digital-22-99.jpg

Forget the haters, I really enjoy this movie. It's not my favorite of the movies but it most certainly isn't the worst.