The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited March 2018 Posts: 7,854
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It was a popcorn flick, nothing more, and it succeeded there. I went in knowing nothing but "assassination attempt on the president" and enjoyed it.

I agree I was not expecting JFK.

Neither was I, but the replaying of the event over and over got pretty tired for me after the second or third time, particularly the "rewinding" they'd do or whatever the effect was.

That's the (vantage) point of Vantage Point. ;)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    187908_front.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,465
    911nbDUUCxL._SX342_.jpg
    Rapido%2By%2BFurioso%2B2%2B(2003).jpg
    The+Fast+and+the+Furious+Tokyo+Drift+%255B2006%255D+%2528Custom%2529.jpg

I have all the films on Bluray now except Fate of the Furious.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    MS_3801.jpg
    I own this on Bluray already though this is the 2 disc MI: 3 Collectors Edition, I have multiple versions of many films.

81xaMogRcZL._SX342_.jpg

Never seen this film, decent cast.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

81xaMogRcZL._SX342_.jpg

I REALLY like this movie. I think you will too...
    chrisisall wrote: »

81xaMogRcZL._SX342_.jpg

I REALLY like this movie. I think you will too...

I remember seeing it in Blockbusters before there demise, just never got round to watching it. It's a blind buy though Blurays really have dropped in price I have noticed.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    It may have a hideous Blu-ray cover but I still had to add it to the Marvel collection.

117432_front.jpg
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 19,339
    MS_3801.jpg
    I own this on Bluray already though this is the 2 disc MI: 3 Collectors Edition, I have multiple versions of many films.

81xaMogRcZL._SX342_.jpg

Great film,some really decent fights in it.

barryt007 wrote: »
    MS_3801.jpg

81xaMogRcZL._SX342_.jpg

Gina Carano is pretty badass, looking forward to watching it.
    MS_3801.jpg

81xaMogRcZL._SX342_.jpg

She really is in that film,i'm surprised she hasn't done more films,ala Dwayne Johnson,since,as she is a good actress in it as well.

edited March 2018 Posts: 23,465
    MS_3801.jpg

81xaMogRcZL._SX342_.jpg

She really is in that film,i'm surprised she hasn't done more films,ala Dwayne Johnson,since,as she is a good actress in it as well.

I have seen Gina crop up in a few films though in smaller roles, think she was in one of the Fast and Furious films.

Got tired of waiting for it to return to SKY Movies, so bought first three seasons...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyTgs5_38oeKLFoVWzkkyBzJlz1fpsQhsbFqeSdyMSFZ4CgX_t

910MGe-l7pL._SX342_.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLHL_9BbC1Vl-vliNxqPfm7ftvic-LFzH6jDtIxKXqZjpU2196
    Just ordered a ton: Boogie Nights, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Gremlins, Scream 1-4 Collection, Easy Rider, Sorcerer, The Lost Weekend, and I feel like I’m forgetting one. One last big haul for a while! Tuesday I was going to pick up a couple new ones - Shape of Water, Lady Bird, and The Disaster Artist. Gonna be broke for a while haha.
    @FoxRox some good films there especially The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Sorcerer and Easy Rider I also have Gremlins. I have the Scream films on dvd, the Scream TV series is pretty good arguably better than the films plot wise.

I need to ban myself from ebay I have bought way too much recently.
    @FoxRox some good films there especially The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Sorcerer and Easy Rider I also have Gremlins. I have the Scream films on dvd, the Scream TV series is pretty good arguably better than the films plot wise.

I hear you! Help ban me from ebay and amazon before I do another binge!!
    FoxRox wrote: »

I hear you! Help ban me from ebay and amazon before I do another binge!!

Problem I have is I impulse buy too much when deals are counting down on something I stumbled on, I need to stop doing that.
    Amen. Spending on movies and food is basically my biggest weakness I need to fix.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Amen. Spending on movies and food is basically my biggest weakness I need to fix.

For the first time on ebay today when I won a brand new boxset of Game of Thrones season 6 with a bid I was unable to pay, it said seller unable to accept payment? I think the fates were trying to stop me spending more money. :))
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    The One-Armed Swordsman (1967) 88 Films-88 Asia Collection. Blu-ray. Not seen this one before, hoping that 88 Films get the rights to Wang Yu's One-Armed Boxer.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @FoxRox, have you see Treasure of the Sierra Madre before? A personal favorite of mine.
    @FoxRox, have you see Treasure of the Sierra Madre before? A personal favorite of mine.

Actually that one was a blind buy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @FoxRox, probably one of the best blind buys you could make. Bogart at his peak at the most exciting decade of his career, and in a movie that remains masterful in my mind. A great, gritty tale of greed and duplicity. I look forward to hearing what you think about it, whenever you watch it.
    @FoxRox, probably one of the best blind buys you could make. Bogart at his peak at the most exciting decade of his career, and in a movie that remains masterful in my mind. A great, gritty tale of greed and duplicity. I look forward to hearing what you think about it, whenever you watch it.

Sounds pretty cool. It looked like a fascinating movie; I had had my eyes on it for a while.
    @FoxRox, best to go into it without knowing anything. Of course, I think that's the best policy for any film, but certainly this one. Bogart really shines in it, though that isn't saying anything considering his films before that period and after.
    910QRUrANyL._SX342_.jpg
    71B7Bg%2Bn0pL._SY445_.jpg

Couldn't find the Blu-Ray in the local mall, though. Had to settle for the DVD.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Gerard wrote: »
    71B7Bg%2Bn0pL._SY445_.jpg

Couldn't find the Blu-Ray in the local mall, though. Had to settle for the DVD.

I almost couldn't find a BD of it today, but I looked just a bit more and Bingo! Also bought Atomic Blond. Haven't seen either yet so I'm in for a treat.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 28,694
    Stopped by a local grocery store I rarely visit, and looked at what blu-rays they had as they are always on sale for $5. Picked up these from the heap of lackluster titles...

the-family-bluray-cover-art-2013-e1396896150859-530x671.jpg
    Saw the trailer for this a few years ago and really liked the look of it, but never got around to seeing it. Seems like a dark comedy with spy elements, something I'm not opposed to, especially since I also have a very dark sense of humor at times.

paper%20town%20cover.jpg
    This was another I saw the trailer for when it first came out and was very intrigued, as it felt like a coming of age film meeting a mystery, though it seemed to never show anywhere near me and I never see it in stores anywhere. Funnily enough, I was thinking about this film late last night and was intending to add it to my IMDb watchlist later today, when before I got the chance I came upon the physical copy and couldn't pass up the chance to get it. I think this is the movie gods speaking to me again.

92002_m1337937303.jpg
    Speaking of movie gods listening to my prayers and delivering, this was another film I'd wanted to see forever now but never spot in stores. I was very interested in the premise of it, being a Gibson fan, and I really liked the idea of him playing one of my favorite archetypes in cinema, the troubled and cynical man of law enforcement. Martin Campbell in the director's chair is only a cherry on top of the cake.

61FH7iv5VrL.jpg
    Not a big fan of Chuck Norris or the rest of his kin in the actiony 80s, but Lee Marvin appearing in anything is enough for me to bite, especially when he's playing a man on a mission and throwing caution to the wind. Hopefully he makes this blind buy worth it.

51mmfODc7kL.jpg
    Yet another film I've wanted to see forever now, and it's been heavily recommended to me in the past. It should also serve as a welcome reminder of a time when Tom Cruise was more of an actor than a stuntman. I hope he gets back to more interesting and unpredictable roles again soon, as he's done only a few interesting projects in between all the action fare I've seen from him lately, for probably a decade now.

2454_aa.jpg
    I'm a vintage loving guy and enjoy older comedies, so I thought this was an easy purchase. The crazy amount of big stars in this was a real draw, as I'm interested to see what kind of product comes from personalities like Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Mickey Rooney, Don Knotts and Jerry Lewis sharing the same screen.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,313
    Get Carter (1971).
    One of the Michael Caine must-see films that I've never had the chance to watch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Get Carter (1971).
    One of the Michael Caine must-see films that I've never had the chance to watch.

I saw it on tv a few years ago, and didn t get the appeal.
    Get Carter (1971).

I saw it on tv a few years ago, and didn t get the appeal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Get Carter is a matter of taste. Still, I'm looking forward to watch it.