The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Prestige is my third favorite Nolan film. Love it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,465
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Prestige is my third favorite Nolan film. Love it.

I put other Nolan's ahead of Prestige though Nolan's output is extremely high quality. Prestige is definitely due a rewatch.

Just bought this from a charity shop, cracking film...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTjV649rVW4PEGo6h4OpWVjNURUhzqnAkOJJVF5uY-QIO4SupJ
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed, Rush is a fantastic film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

The racing sequences are intense, great performances all round also.
    Indeed. It was a spectacular film both by the side of acting, cinematography, setpieces and the racing. And this is coming from a semi-non-sports guy.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I just ordered the Blu-ray for the film, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. What I must do next is get the soundtrack; it's incredible.

Soundtrack is excellent! Whatever you think of the film, the music is superb!
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 7,653
    Bluray
    Kiss of the Spiderwoman
    The spy who loved me
    Indeed. It was a spectacular film both by the side of acting, cinematography, setpieces and the racing. And this is coming from a semi-non-sports guy.

I am a on and off Formula 1 fan though I struggle with most motor racing films though Rush is one of the few exceptions it's a great story.
    A couple nice additions to my collection: Coco (2017) and Memento (2000).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Whoa, noticed a Braveheart 4K pre-order just now, out of the blue. Went ahead and bought it no question, comes out on May 15th.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Whoa, noticed a Braveheart 4K pre-order just now, out of the blue. Went ahead and bought it no question, comes out on May 15th.

Braveheart, made here in Ireland. But I only really liked it for the battle scenes! For direction I much prefer Gibson's 'Apocalypto', which I found more compelling and exciting!
    I like Braveheart and The Patriot a lot myself. Not a big Mel Gibson fan, but those ones are good, even though they lack historical accuracy (don’t most historical fiction films?).
    Not movies per se, but :

71elEbusgzL._SY445_.jpg

713zCWs%2B8HL._SY445_.jpg

51oezyh3TkL._SY445_.jpg

1302165d.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

518xm8e-4CL._SY445_.jpg

81mNvcu1u-L._SY445_.jpg

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    Not movies per se, but :

71elEbusgzL._SY445_.jpg

713zCWs%2B8HL._SY445_.jpg

51oezyh3TkL._SY445_.jpg

1302165d.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

518xm8e-4CL._SY445_.jpg

81mNvcu1u-L._SY445_.jpg

Nice choices. The Ace Adventures set might not represent the best McCoy stories,but with Dragonfire, it features the first major turning point of the McCoy era.
    Attack Of The Cybermen, Vengeance On Varos & Mark Of The Rani are the better stories Colin Baker era. I don't even think Timelash is as bad as its reputation would have you believe *runs away*.
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Braveheart, made here in Ireland. But I only really liked it for the battle scenes! For direction I much prefer Gibson's 'Apocalypto', which I found more compelling and exciting!

Apocalypto was a masterpiece to me. Criminally underrated, I personally feel like I never hear people talk about it. Yet another great one from Gibson.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Oh boy, don’t get me started on Apocalypto, what a triumph of cinema that is.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, not sure if you're a fan of the film, but Saving Private Ryan has also been confirmed for 4K soon. Can't wait to see how incredible that movie looks in the format. Now I just need Munich in 4K.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, not sure if you're a fan of the film, but Saving Private Ryan has also been confirmed for 4K soon. Can't wait to see how incredible that movie looks in the format. Now I just need Munich in 4K.

I have a digital copy of Saving Private Ryan criminally I only watched it for the first time just over a year ago, will definitely get it on 4K.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I hated it. Not dissing the movie making aspect of it, but it was so goddamn unpleasant.

I hated it. Not dissing the movie making aspect of it, but it was so goddamn unpleasant.

You say unpleasant, I say visceral! I saw it in the cinema and it was such a thrilling experience, as much so on DVD. Gibson's direction seemed more assured than it was on Braveheart!
    51A2X6F7wXL.jpg

51IqKuVgNiL.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    DVD: Anna And The King (1999) € 1,50
    1002004000035808.jpg
    51A2X6F7wXL.jpg
    I wish the film was as exciting and great as the cover on it.
    51A2X6F7wXL.jpg

Same here. I saw this one in theaters, got tired of the repetitive schtick about 30 minutes in or so. I recall the finale being pretty thrilling though, but could be wrong, haven't seen it since.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,465
    51A2X6F7wXL.jpg

Same here. I saw this one in theaters, got tired of the repetitive schtick about 30 minutes in or so. I recall the finale being pretty thrilling though, but could be wrong, haven't seen it since.

I did not mind the film admittedly it could have been better though it has some good moments, I have it on dvd though it been years since I watched it, the Bluray I got very cheap. It's notable for a early Zoe Saldana appearance pre fame.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited March 2018 Posts: 7,854
    It was a popcorn flick, nothing more, and it succeeded there. I went in knowing nothing but "assassination attempt on the president" and enjoyed it.
    It was a popcorn flick, nothing more, and it succeeded there. I went in knowing nothing but "assassination attempt on the president" and enjoyed it.

I agree I was not expecting JFK.

Neither was I, but the replaying of the event over and over got pretty tired for me after the second or third time, particularly the "rewinding" they'd do or whatever the effect was.

Neither was I, but the replaying of the event over and over got pretty tired for me after the second or third time, particularly the "rewinding" they'd do or whatever the effect was.

If I remember the camera rewind of events was in the trailer, I think that initially got my attention, the film itself is a bit vague it should arrive next week I'll give it a rewatch then.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    Star Trek Reboot Trilogy. I do want to get the entire 007 Collection up to date though. I have Craig and Brosnan as of now.