No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

boldfinger wrote: »
    Glad Nolan isn't doing it, and I hope Mendes doesn't by a long shot, either. Get a director who knows how to handle action. Not a theatre-drama-fest family matters.

Jaume Collet-Serra?
    I wouldn´t say no, the way he handled the actors in The Shallows and The Commuter. Not sure about the action, I wouldn´t want CG action as in The Commuter in any Bond film.

Oh no, I agree on CGI action. But I do feel it's time to pull away from the melodrama, and hire a director that knows his way around an action sequence. What I want, is John Glen mk2.
    Oh yes!
    Glad Nolan isn't doing it, and I hope Mendes doesn't by a long shot, either. Get a director who knows how to handle action. Not a theatre-drama-fest family matters.

Jaume Collet-Serra?
    I wouldn´t say no, the way he handled the actors in The Shallows and The Commuter. Not sure about the action, I wouldn´t want CG action as in The Commuter in any Bond film.

Oh no, I agree on CGI action. But I do feel it's time to pull away from the melodrama, and hire a director that knows his way around an action sequence. What I want, is John Glen mk2.
    Oh yes!

+1! John Glen mk2 at this stage, would be fantastic!
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 832
    If nolan and villeneuve are out, who are the remaining contenders other than demange? Please don't say McGuigan.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    If nolan and villeneuve are out, who are the remaining contenders other than demange? Please don't say McGuigan.

Uwe Boll and McG.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

Uwe Boll and McG.
    + Tommy Wiseau
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 4,400
    Are we getting a Bond announcement tomorrow?

Justin Kroll from Variety tweeted that big news was coming from a major Hollywood film tomorrow. Kroll was the first person to reveal that Yann Demange was the frontrunner back in July.

Jeff Sneider has theorised that the announcement will be Ryan Coogler being confirmed as the director for the next Bond film. Both Sneider and Kroll are close friends on Twitter...

Interesting. Maybe so.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Just a guess here, but Ryan Coogler will not be directing B25.

RE: A B25 announcement tomorrow, I wouldn't hold my breath, but it certainly would be welcome.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 12,837
    I'd be really happy with that. Creed was brilliant and honoured the legacy of the Rocky films while still standing on its own two feet.

That's what Bond should do imo. Respect the past, don't ditch all the stuff that makes it a Bond film, but don't cram in too many references and nods to the past either, make it a good film in its own right. Or to put it another way: Bond tropes/formula, yes, but try to make it feel fresh. Wheeling out the DB5 again, no.
    I won't be seeing Black Panther but damn, for someone who isn't a huge fan of boxing movies did I thoroughly enjoy Creed, particularly that one shot boxing match.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 12,837
    I won't be seeing Black Panther but damn, for someone who isn't a huge fan of boxing movies did I thoroughly enjoy Creed, particularly that one shot boxing match.

I wasn't excited at all. I love Rocky almost as much as I love Bond and after how great an ending Rocky Balboa was I thought they were just milking it. But I was so wrong, everything about it was really well done. By far my favourite film of the year.

Can't wait for the sequel (disappointed it isn't Coogler or Stallone directing but then I was iffy when I found out it wasn't Stallone doing Creed and look how that turned out), but what worries me is that eventually, if they keep making them, I'm sure they'll kill off Rocky like they Mick did. And I'm not against that at all if it's done well and fits the story, but it's going to be so emotional and depressing seeing one of my childhood heroes die.

I wasn't excited at all. I love Rocky almost as much as I love Bond and after how great an ending Rocky Balboa was I thought they were just milking it. But I was so wrong, everything about it was really well done. By far my favourite film of the year.

Can't wait for the sequel (disappointed it isn't Coogler or Stallone directing but then I was iffy when I found out it wasn't Stallone doing Creed and look how that turned out), but what worries me is that eventually, if they keep making them, I'm sure they'll kill off Rocky like they Mick did. And I'm not against that at all if it's done well and fits the story, but it's going to be so emotional and depressing seeing one of my childhood heroes die.

That's one of the first thoughts in my head with all of these sequels to old classics: awaiting the main character's return, only to be killed off for that emotional factor.
    Damn, I've just been revisiting the Rocky films lately and still haven't seen CREED. From what everyone is saying it's great and Coogler's excellent. If someone like that who respects a series' and characters's history took over Bond 25 I'd be thrilled.
    I liked Creed okay, but prefer the original Rocky films with the exception of 5. Still, Coogler may be a good fit for Bond. Impossible to know until it happens.
  • Let me unwind this timeline. For informational purposes only.

Justin Kroll tweets on Friday, Feb. 16 that "big news" is coming Tuesday.

Jeff Sneider responds with this:

Part of what stirs Sneider's tweet is this tweet from the official @007 account.

Sneider follows up with a survey a few hours ago.

Well we get a massive confirmation tomorrow or we don't, so we'll see how his "scoop" holds up or not.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Well we get a massive confirmation tomorrow or we don't, so we'll see how his "scoop" holds up or not.

Indeed. FYI only, some who responded to Kroll's original tweet ask about Bond 25. But others ask if it means that Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League may get released.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Indeed. FYI only, some who responded to Kroll's original tweet ask about Bond 25. But others ask if it means that Zack Snyder's cut of Justice League may get released.
    Now that's more like it. If someone wants to break the internet, that will do it.
  • bondjames wrote: »

Now that's more like it. If someone wants to break the internet, that will do it.

It would certainly break the Screen Rant website. It has been crusading on Snyder's behalf ever since Justice League came out.
    bondjames wrote: »

It would certainly break the Screen Rant website. It has been crusading on Snyder's behalf ever since Justice League came out.

Still cannot comprehend why people are awaiting a cut of a film that doesn't exist since it wasn't finished. I am right in assuming this, correct? The film was NOT finished and that's why Abrams was brought in, right? So what 'Snyder Cut' are people demanding?
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

Still cannot comprehend why people are awaiting a cut of a film that doesn't exist since it wasn't finished. I am right in assuming this, correct? The film was NOT finished and that's why Abrams was brought in, right? So what 'Snyder Cut' are people demanding?

Supposedly, Warner Bros. executives viewed a rough cut from Snyder, fired him, brought in Whedon, etc., etc.
    Qd8oWzN.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    :))
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    The return of the fun Bond folks were asking for.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @mattjoes, you clever sod. :))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Disturbing....
    Ryan cooger is American thereforth he is not directing bond 25
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Not getting my hopes up by any means for this “announcement” tomorrow, but Jeff’s survey tweet makes it seem like he’s fairly confident it’s something about Bond.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Craig looks like Mr. Magoo. =))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Ryan cooger is American thereforth he is not directing bond 25
    Denis Villeneuve's consideration is more than enough proof to know they're not limiting themselves to UK talent. I don't think it'll be Cooger though.