No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    There’s more photos on Twitter without the stage lighting & he looks better. Don’t see any work done to his face.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 12,837
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'll remind people of how awful Craig looked between SF and SP. He'll look fine once he fixes the hair and gets back onto shape.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    There’s more photos on Twitter without the stage lighting & he looks better. Don’t see any work done to his face.

I remember he had that dodgy 70s haircut for a play between SF and SP but other than that I thought he looked fine, a lot better than he does here. I'll have a look for those photos now. It's not his hair that was bothering me, that's easily sorted, it was his face. Seems very plasticy in those shots so I do hope it was just makeup and lighting.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He looked perfectly fine between SF and SP. I saw him on Broadway with that dodgy haircut and he looked just great.

The issue these days is around the eye area in particular.
    DWZ3hZ3VQAEDdnf?format=jpg&name=large
    He probably still hasn't lost the husky weight from Logan lucky.
    DWZ33b8UQAEF6PZ?format=jpg&name=large
    DWZ32rEU8AguIuu?format=jpg&name=large
    If you enlarge that last image, he does look different.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Nolan being a busy man would be a great thing, I hope he will never have time for Bond.

You want more Bond-Movies with Mendes?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Alone, how he’s wearing his hair hurts his look. Also , it’s very easy to take screen grabs of a person that make the most attractive person look awkward. With the right hair, makeup and in shape, he’ll be fine.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    talos7 wrote: »
    Alone, how he’s wearing his hair hurts his look. Also , it’s very easy to take screen grabs of a person that make the most attractive person look awkward. With the right hair, makeup and in shape, he’ll be fine.
    Agreed. His hair is quite similar to his QoS haircut actually.
    The wing lapels on the single breasted jacket along with the larger pronounced bow-tie make the overall effect lacking as well.
    Bad hair and puffiness aside, he looks quite short in those photos. But with Hollywood movie magic I'm sure they'll make him look taller and younger in the final movie.
  • Really disappointed that Nolan isn't doing it. Can't say im excited about any of the other mentions.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Glad Nolan isn't doing it, and I hope Mendes doesn't by a long shot, either. Get a director who knows how to handle action. Not a theatre-drama-fest family matters.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wow, just imagine. HE EVEN GREW SHORTER.! What a loser.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Glad Nolan isn't doing it, and I hope Mendes doesn't by a long shot, either. Get a director who knows how to handle action. Not a theatre-drama-fest family matters.

Agreed, though I fear that's what we're in for regardless of which director EON chooses.
    Well, it is said we shrink with age. Men can gradually lose an inch between the ages of 30 to 70. That means by the time Bond 25 comes out, Blofeld will be able to put Craig in his pocket and kill him with his loose change.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    Haha! First thought when I saw that image was "a blonde, slightly younger George Hamilton!"
    What? You mean this George Hamilton?
    280full.jpg
    I think, as the saying goes, you need to go to SpecSavers.

On a side note, I did point out a few year's ago that when we pass the 50 mark it's like a switch is thrown and we start to age (change) dramatically. No surprises to see the same thing happening with Craig.

YES!!! Big George Hamilton fan here!. George Hamilton is so suave yet humorous I can't help but chuckle when I see a great shot like that. I am failing to see any resemblance other than Craig's arched eyebrows in that one pic.
    Not sure what it is as last summer when he confirmed he was coming back he looked just as good as in CR. Here, at BAFTA, in the Bondian black dinner suit, somehow he doesn't remotely look like Bond. George Hamilton looks more like Bond actually.
    Must be the way Craig's hair is trimmed. I don't think he looks old at all, really. His physique looks lean, the dinner suit seems to fit, but somehow his head and face look round. Perhaps George should introduce him to a nice tanning salon, and a better barber before B25 begins filming?

It was indeed the arched eyebrows!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondsum wrote: »
    Well, it is said we shrink with age. Men can gradually lose an inch between the ages of 30 to 70. That means by the time Bond 25 comes out, Blofeld will be able to put Craig in his pocket and kill him with his loose change.

Blofeld shrinks, too.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Not if they cast John Malkovich.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    Nolan being a busy man would be a great thing, I hope he will never have time for Bond.

You want more Bond-Movies with Mendes?
    What a ridiculous thought and way of thinking.

As for Craig´s looks, if you ask me, I´d say he looks joyfully well-fed, he´s probably enjoying life before the rigorous fitness regime he has to keep when shooting Bond.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Jaume Collet-Serra?

Jaume Collet-Serra?
    I wouldn´t say no, the way he handled the actors in The Shallows and The Commuter. Not sure about the action, I wouldn´t want CG action as in The Commuter in any Bond film.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Jaume Collet-Serra?
    I wouldn´t say no, the way he handled the actors in The Shallows and The Commuter. Not sure about the action, I wouldn´t want CG action as in The Commuter in any Bond film.

Oh no, I agree on CGI action. But I do feel it's time to pull away from the melodrama, and hire a director that knows his way around an action sequence. What I want, is John Glen mk2.
  • Yawn!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Good grief, give it a rest already!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    How else they are going to collect free clickbaits? ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Racist!
    ;)