No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 13,894
    The score of TMWTGG is one of the two best aspects of an otherwise lackluster film, the other being Christopher Lee as Scaramanga.
    Walecs wrote: »
    The thing with TMWTGG is that Barry had to write the music in a short amount of time and he had to weave the theme song everywhere into the score. But it is a pretty good score, nonetheless.
    That is true, the theme is highly prominent in the score. But I think he handled it in a very good way. It works effectively in romantic scenes, in action scenes and to represent the Asian setting of the film, not to mention the piano and jazz versions heard at the funhouse. The chord progression of the theme is also employed to great effect in the cue heard when Bond enters Andrea's room. Its use in this score reminds me of how the Goldfinger theme was weaved into the score of that film.
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    edited February 2018 Posts: 189
    ‪Switching the channels and the Baftas popped on right at the moment Daniel Craig came on presenting Best Film. Looking well and in good shape. ‬
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 6,747
    Murdock wrote: »
    Rich Douglas made a cool remix of the music from TMWTGG 7 years ago. Worth a listen.
    I remember Rich said the quotes interspersed in the tracks were taken from a 50s or 60s film. You wouldn't happen to know its name? I tried searching it in the Internet Archive but to no avail.

Cool track, of course.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited February 2018 Posts: 16,333
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I remember Rich said the quotes interspersed in the tracks were taken from a 50s or 60s film. You wouldn't happen to know its name? I tried searching it in the Internet Archive but to no avail.

Cool track, of course.

Unfortunately I don't know what movies he sampled.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    ‪Switching the channels and the Baftas popped on right at the moment Daniel Craig came on presenting Best Film. Looking well and in good shape. ‬

Any pictures??
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited February 2018 Posts: 3,277
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    That hair....
    Think they asked him about Bond 25 in the red carpet?
    talos7 wrote: »
    That hair....

Agreed, very unflattering on him. He needs to wear it up like he did in that Aston Martin picture.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    VladimirPutin.jpg
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Walecs wrote: »
    The thing with TMWTGG is that Barry had to write the music in a short amount of time and he had to weave the theme song everywhere into the score. But it is a pretty good score, nonetheless.
    It doesn´t occur to me that TMWTGG should have been a rush job. Just goes to show that a) Barry was a dedicated pro and b) that it might not always be a bad thing to have time restrictions *nudge nudge wink wink*

Talking about shape, I can´t help being in love with Margot Robbie´s shape in this clip. Sorry if I slide off topic, but when I watched that above BAFTA clip this one followed right after:

No Nolan for Bond 25, damn, that's really disappointing, that was a big chance to bring Nolan on Board, who knows when he's next time available when a new Bond Movie comes out, Nolan is a very busy man.

Bernie99 wrote: »
    No Nolan for Bond 25, damn, that's really disappointing, that was a big chance to bring Nolan on Board, who knows when he's next time available when a new Bond Movie comes out, Nolan is a very busy man.

Well he didn't rule himself out for the future - maybe he'll do Bond 26 with the new Bond
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I love DC as Bond, and I literally didn't want to say that, but I think is time for a new Bond.

Ee9xnBf.jpg
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,301
    I love DC as Bond, and I literally didn't want to say that, but I think is time for a new Bond.

Ee9xnBf.jpg

Haha! First thought when I saw that image was "a blonde, slightly younger George Hamilton!"

Ee9xnBf.jpg

What’s up with his eyebrows??
    Not going to comment on the pic but , one of the issues with such long production lead in times is how your leading man ages (or not) during that time period.
    Haha! First thought when I saw that image was "a blonde, slightly younger George Hamilton!"
    What? You mean this George Hamilton?
    280full.jpg
    I think, as the saying goes, you need to go to SpecSavers.

On a side note, I did point out a few year's ago that when we pass the 50 mark it's like a switch is thrown and we start to age (change) dramatically. No surprises to see the same thing happening with Craig.
    "when we pass the 50 mark it's like a switch is thrown and we start to age (change) dramatically."

Tell me about it, I was perfect for Bond at 49, all down hill after that.
    bondsum wrote: »
    What? You mean this George Hamilton?
    280full.jpg
    I think, as the saying goes, you need to go to SpecSavers.

On a side note, I did point out a few year's ago that when we pass the 50 mark it's like a switch is thrown and we start to age (change) dramatically. No surprises to see the same thing happening with Craig.

YES!!! Big George Hamilton fan here!. George Hamilton is so suave yet humorous I can't help but chuckle when I see a great shot like that. I am failing to see any resemblance other than Craig's arched eyebrows in that one pic.
    Not sure what it is as last summer when he confirmed he was coming back he looked just as good as in CR. Here, at BAFTA, in the Bondian black dinner suit, somehow he doesn't remotely look like Bond. George Hamilton looks more like Bond actually.
    Must be the way Craig's hair is trimmed. I don't think he looks old at all, really. His physique looks lean, the dinner suit seems to fit, but somehow his head and face look round. Perhaps George should introduce him to a nice tanning salon, and a better barber before B25 begins filming?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    So Nolan has declared himself out of 25. Anyone else get the feeling Sam Mendes is about to do one of his massive U-turns yet again? what my gut is telling me. his diary is clear for some reason.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That would be some Bond history, there.
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    Nolan being a busy man would be a great thing, I hope he will never have time for Bond.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
  • Oh dear. Praying it's just makeup/lighting and he hasn't had work done. Looking old doesn't matter, especially since they actually acknowledge his age in the new ones. But I'm not loving the idea of sitting through another Bond film where I have to get past the actors dodgy face lift.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Agreed. What I don't want is another sad attempt cover up eye puffiness or shadow or crow's feet, which they tried in SP.

Seriously though, I hope he's healthy. He has looked anything but in photos over the past year (at a football game, with McDonagh, and during some NYC street candids with his wife).
    wow, just seen that video clip, he looks very different, especially around the eyes, not good.
  • Why do celebrities do that. It never looks good. They'd look so much better if they just let themselves age gracefully.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 10,588
    I'll remind people of how awful Craig looked between SF and SP. He'll look fine once he fixes the hair and gets back onto shape.