No Time To Die: Production Diary

1124212431245124712482563

Comments

  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Posts: 2,725
    Elba as a transgender Bond girl confirmed
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    Elba as a transgender Bond girl confirmed

    But only if he's in a weelchair, otherwise i'm out.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,058
    00Agent wrote: »
    Elba as a transgender Bond girl confirmed

    But only if he's in a weelchair, otherwise i'm out.

    How about a peg leg machine gun? :))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Laser beam machine attached to his head, perhaps?
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,058
    We don't go for that sort of thing anymore. In the days of gritty realism and the edgy emo protagonist. =))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Grow Up, Double Waah Seven! =))

    ...or is it Waah Waah Seven?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,756
    antovolk wrote: »
    sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    you might want to check out Red Sparrow when that comes out in March.

    Between that (which I hope will turn into a franchise as the 2nd book is fantastic), Rhythm Section (as we all know also an EON production) and Atomic Blonde, yes the industry is putting original (be it truly original or ones originally women in their respective mediums - in this case novels/comics) female spy characters on screen.

    But the reason why the call for a female Bond is still there is the same for female versions of Ghostbusters, Ocean's Trilogy and others - they're all huge global brands.

    And saying 'oh but why don't you make a male Wonder Woman then' also doesn't work because it's a false equivalency, that's completely forgetting the power balance between genders...

    There’s a difference between a woman spy and a female James Bond. I have no interest in watching Atomic Blonde or any other female led spy film. I turned off ghostbusters during the first ten minutes. It was god awful!

    Lately I have been watching a lot of old school films or movies I hadn’t seen before. It’s been awhile since a decent movie has been made without all the bs CGI. It’s kinda the same for action and horror.. 80s-90s horror is better than any horror I have seen today.

    I’d rather re watch some Connery Bond films vs any recent action film released.

    It’s kinda sad.

    CGI is amazing. People unnecessarily hate on it, but I don't see how it's so bad. CGI, when done right, is amazing.
    There are great films coming out today. Rose tinted glasses.
    Also, Atomic Blonde was good. Ghostbusters was bad.


  • Well, at least we can finally say there will be a Bond film next year...(just as long as its not put back)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    phibes72 wrote: »
    Well, at least we can finally say there will be a Bond film next year...(just as long as its not put back)
    I was going to say. One can never be too sure, because the release date as it stands puts it squarely in harm's way.
  • Posts: 12,241
    Well? No news then! I knew it! aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Lol!
  • Posts: 10,541
    I predict February will contain the next big news.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited January 2018 Posts: 3,183
    Thinking we will get some production news in the spring, with a director and some shooting location rumors by June. The 2nd half of 2018 will be rumors of secondary cast, Felix/Blofeld/Hinx possible returning etc. Maybe some further location and title rumors at this point. And Nov/Dec EON will hold their traditional press conference revealing the title and main cast with shooting beginning Dec/Jan.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Posts: 4,477
    Why does everyone think Hinx is alive?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,988
    antovolk wrote: »
    sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    you might want to check out Red Sparrow when that comes out in March.

    Between that (which I hope will turn into a franchise as the 2nd book is fantastic), Rhythm Section (as we all know also an EON production) and Atomic Blonde, yes the industry is putting original (be it truly original or ones originally women in their respective mediums - in this case novels/comics) female spy characters on screen.

    But the reason why the call for a female Bond is still there is the same for female versions of Ghostbusters, Ocean's Trilogy and others - they're all huge global brands.

    And saying 'oh but why don't you make a male Wonder Woman then' also doesn't work because it's a false equivalency, that's completely forgetting the power balance between genders...

    There’s a difference between a woman spy and a female James Bond. I have no interest in watching Atomic Blonde or any other female led spy film. I turned off ghostbusters during the first ten minutes. It was god awful!

    Lately I have been watching a lot of old school films or movies I hadn’t seen before. It’s been awhile since a decent movie has been made without all the bs CGI. It’s kinda the same for action and horror.. 80s-90s horror is better than any horror I have seen today.

    I’d rather re watch some Connery Bond films vs any recent action film released.

    It’s kinda sad.

    CGI is amazing. People unnecessarily hate on it, but I don't see how it's so bad. CGI, when done right, is amazing.
    There are great films coming out today. Rose tinted glasses.
    Also, Atomic Blonde was good. Ghostbusters was bad.


    Bad CGI is my problem - I tend to complain about CGI without clarifying I mean the bad/obvious CGI, but hell, most movies these days inject some CGI that they didn't spend enough time fine tuning. When it rears its ugly head in the action scenes, I become so detached to anything unfolding.

    Of course nobody has an issue with CGI that isn't noticeable, like artificially enlarging crowd sizes, backgrounds, landscapes, cityscapes, etc.

    Just take Bond these days: the MI6 explosion in SF was incredibly well done. It's only obviously fake in the fact that they weren't going to blow the real building up. The effects themselves were well done.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,070
    echo wrote: »
    Why does everyone think Hinx is alive?

    I think the possibility exist because we didn't see a dead body.
    Yes, being yanked out of a train by a rope tied around your neck and throat would kill most people, but Hinx is a Bond villain so all bets are off concerning his death being a certainty

  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,988
    talos7 wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    Why does everyone think Hinx is alive?

    I think the possibility exist because we didn't see a dead body.
    Yes, being yanked out of a train by a rope tied around your neck and throat would kill most people, but Hinx is a Bond villain so all bets are off concerning his death being a certainty

    It's tough to rule anyone's survivability out after Bond got shot twice and fell hundreds of feet, landing headfirst in water.

    Hell, maybe Dario will return in B25, bandaged together in a million tiny pieces.
  • echo wrote: »
    Why does everyone think Hinx is alive?

    Wishful thinking/hoping it leads to semi-adaptation of You Only Live Twice novel/feeling it might make Bond 25 more interesting.
  • Posts: 5,813
    I hope Hinx didn't make it... Let's move on and get back to the more grounded battles Craig has had (his first and second kill in CR; Dimitrios, Carlos, stairwell fight, Mitchell, Slade, Patrice x 2, Silva's thugs, even Sciarra, and assassinating SPECTRE's thugs to save Donna Lucia). They're more exciting than trying to create the magic of the past SUPER-HENCHMAN (Odd Job and Jaws (13 years apart)).

    DC's Bond is more comfortable fighting the realistic psychopaths-- come up with a modern-day Red Grant, for example...
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,058
    I hope he does come back. He was the only villain who Craig's Bond couldn't easily defeat.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Murdock wrote: »
    I hope he does come back. He was the only villain who Craig's Bond couldn't easily defeat.
    My thoughts exactly, Captain!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,070
    Murdock wrote: »
    I hope he does come back. He was the only villain who Craig's Bond couldn't easily defeat.

    I do as well and can see him with a horribly scared throat as a result of being violently yanked off of the train; he has also been left mute and is none too happy about it.

  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    talos7 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I hope he does come back. He was the only villain who Craig's Bond couldn't easily defeat.

    I do as well and can see him with a horribly scared throat as a result of being violently yanked off of the train; he has also been left mute and is none too happy about it.
    I can imagine Bond saying "He was always lost for words, anyway.", right after killing him.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,070
    That would work.
  • Posts: 11,425
    This might add fuel to the tabloid fire re a female spin off or the whole female Bond nonsense.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/01/women-fronted-films-top-three-highest-grossing-2017
  • mattjoesmattjoes ...and actor Cesare Danova in the role of "Actor"
    Posts: 4,475
    Murdock wrote: »
    I hope he does come back. He was the only villain who Craig's Bond couldn't easily defeat.
    My thoughts exactly, Captain!

    Mine too.
  • Posts: 10,541
    The idea of making James Bond a woman is just ridiculous. Create a separate series for that kind of thing. I'm definitely concerned for the future of this franchise if they plan on drastically changing the idea of James Bond just to be PC and fit the times or whatever. His main character - male, misogynistic spy - should always remain. That is James Bond.
  • mattjoesmattjoes ...and actor Cesare Danova in the role of "Actor"
    Posts: 4,475
    I think he should be a dog. James Woof!
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Posts: 16,058
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I think he should be a dog. James Woof!

    James Hound?
    latest?cb=20110821191814
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    you might want to check out Red Sparrow when that comes out in March.

    Between that (which I hope will turn into a franchise as the 2nd book is fantastic), Rhythm Section (as we all know also an EON production) and Atomic Blonde, yes the industry is putting original (be it truly original or ones originally women in their respective mediums - in this case novels/comics) female spy characters on screen.

    But the reason why the call for a female Bond is still there is the same for female versions of Ghostbusters, Ocean's Trilogy and others - they're all huge global brands.

    And saying 'oh but why don't you make a male Wonder Woman then' also doesn't work because it's a false equivalency, that's completely forgetting the power balance between genders...

    There’s a difference between a woman spy and a female James Bond. I have no interest in watching Atomic Blonde or any other female led spy film. I turned off ghostbusters during the first ten minutes. It was god awful!

    Lately I have been watching a lot of old school films or movies I hadn’t seen before. It’s been awhile since a decent movie has been made without all the bs CGI. It’s kinda the same for action and horror.. 80s-90s horror is better than any horror I have seen today.

    I’d rather re watch some Connery Bond films vs any recent action film released.

    It’s kinda sad.

    CGI is amazing. People unnecessarily hate on it, but I don't see how it's so bad. CGI, when done right, is amazing.
    There are great films coming out today. Rose tinted glasses.
    Also, Atomic Blonde was good. Ghostbusters was bad.


    Bad CGI is my problem - I tend to complain about CGI without clarifying I mean the bad/obvious CGI, but hell, most movies these days inject some CGI that they didn't spend enough time fine tuning. When it rears its ugly head in the action scenes, I become so detached to anything unfolding.

    Of course nobody has an issue with CGI that isn't noticeable, like artificially enlarging crowd sizes, backgrounds, landscapes, cityscapes, etc.

    Just take Bond these days: the MI6 explosion in SF was incredibly well done. It's only obviously fake in the fact that they weren't going to blow the real building up. The effects themselves were well done.
    I recently watched some youtube clips showing CGI from a variety of recent blockbusters. I was shocked how much of those scenes was CGI, and I had never noticed it before. When I say shocked I mean in the sense of what a crime it is that so much bad CGI is sold to us, when such unnoticable things are possible. Unnoticable at least at the time of release. I wonder how Marvel films are going to stand the test of time.




    talos7 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I hope he does come back. He was the only villain who Craig's Bond couldn't easily defeat.

    I do as well and can see him with a horribly scared throat as a result of being violently yanked off of the train; he has also been left mute and is none too happy about it.
    Did he say more than "shit" in SP? Anyhow, the way Hinx was presented as kind of a Oddjob/Jaws type implies plans to keep at least a door open for a return. Otherwise they wouldn´t have turned around the tone so much and have him say "shit". For the film it could have been very effective to not announce the rope around Hinx´ neck so long before but make it all a bit more sudden and quick. Would have made for a tone more in line with the previous films and would make it look more like that was it for Hinx.



    Getafix wrote: »
    This might add fuel to the tabloid fire re a female spin off or the whole female Bond nonsense.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/01/women-fronted-films-top-three-highest-grossing-2017
    Eon once again might prove they have a sense for the Zeitgeist with The Rhythm Section. They´re very quiet about it, but from what I could gather so far, it would be a perfect template to build a series upon it. With Blake Lively they´ve got one of the hottest female properties on the planet, and she would be young enough to easily make 5-8 films over the next 10-20 years. Technically speaking.

  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,988
    @boldfinger, absolutely. Hell, take SP, which has great examples of both: a large portion of Morocco was extended via CGI in some of those cityscape shots, and I think half of the train that Bond and Madeleine are on is completely CGI? Never would've known if not for that BTS video showing the computer effects. But then at the same time, they gave us that awkward video-game-looking shot of Hinx in his car during the Rome chase.
Sign In or Register to comment.