No Time To Die: Production Diary

1125112521254125612572585

Comments

  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    antovolk wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Thanks for this. It's as expected based on what I could glean from his prior comments. Unless something changes on schedules, he's out for B25.

    On the other hand - how do we know they aren't getting DV to do the same dog and pony show as Craig? The thing I'm hearing from a number of people who still believe DV is in play is that Dune would take so long to prepare - the world-building commitment is massive. Concept art, costume design, previz and more...plus there isn't a date they're working towards yet, it's all such early stages. DV managed to squeeze in Arrival when preparing BR2049, he can easily do the same with Bond.
    Of course, but the difference with Craig is that he wasn't so explicit. Villeneuve has been rather consistent and quite clear for some time now. His credibility would be shot if something doesn't change either with Dune or B25 (I think there is still a possibility that the release date will move, but in which direction I'm not sure). Moreover, he's said that he really would have to think about Bond because of the preset expectations. His entire reputation would be on the line if he were to take it on after Mendes' box office successes, and I think he knows it (which bodes well for when he eventually gets the job). He seems like a person who really gets into what he does and immerses himself.
  • Posts: 19,339
    He is a very meticulate director and very reliable,hence he is so popular atm.
  • Posts: 1,680
    EON pining for DV tells me the next one is going to have heavy drama & probably action lite.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Posts: 3,260
    What do you think, a homage to the classic Thunderball's Jetpack scene in Bond 25 would work? Something like this...

  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    What do you think, a homage to the classic Thunderball's Jetpack scene in Bond 25 would work? Something like this...

    Magnificent. The drone and cinematography weren't bad either.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,767
    antovolk wrote: »
    DV once again shooting down B25 talk - http://screencrush.com/denis-villeneuve-blade-runner-2049-interview/
    I want to ask you about Bond. You recently said your Dune movie is taking priority and you may not be able to do Bond 25 if that were to happen. Is it a matter of priorities and timing? And if you did have the time, what would your ideal Bond movie look like?

    Listen, I would love to do a Bond movie. I think Daniel Craig is a fantastic actor and I would like to, but several months ago I came into do Dune and I engaged myself. I committed myself and I’m someone that doesn’t step back. I remember I committed to do Enemy, they came with Prisoners I said, “I need to do Enemy first,” and I had to break to bend the schedule. I did the same with Arrival and Blade Runner. I did Blade Runner, one of my conditions was that I would have time to do Arrival first. Once I commit, I commit. When Legendary offered me to do Dune, on a silver plate? Which was like my dream project that I’m dreaming to do for 30 years? I said yes right away. I want to honor that. It doesn’t mean the movie will happen, maybe in six months the movie will – and Bond is an old fantasy of mine, but I can’t be in two places at the same time. It’s a strange year because I would love to do a James Bond. I need to focus.
    Maybe Bond 26.

    I would love to. I said to Barbara [Broccoli], I would love to work with you and with Daniel, but I’m engaged. [Laughs] I will love to do it, honestly. I’m a spoiled filmmaker right now.
    I wouldn´t call that shooting down, as long as he leaves open the possibilty that Dune might not happen. So all Eon have to do now is sabotage Dune and hang on for a few more months, and they´ve got themselves a Villeneuve.



    What do you think, a homage to the classic Thunderball's Jetpack scene in Bond 25 would work? Something like this...

    To fly that thing must be the most exhilarating thing! I´m shocked we haven´t seen anything like that in any film yet!

  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,956
    Probably hogwash, but crazier rumors have been posted so:

    https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

    Says two separate sources have "confirmed" Nolan will direct B25 and is already at work on it, with an announcement coming January/February of 2018. Of course, that timeline is pretty much what Barbara already alluded to in terms of finding a director, and Nolan rumors have been rampant for a while, so it's probably a combination of the two.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 10,541
    I could be wrong, but I believe that was posted a few weeks ago. I wouldn't look into it either.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,956
    jake24 wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I believe that was posted a few weeks ago. I wouldn't look into it either.

    It likely was - impossible to keep up with it, given that Nolan is rumored or "confirmed" a few times a month, it seems.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,558
    Several directors are confirmed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,956
    Several directors are confirmed.

    Several actors have been confirmed to play Bond, as well, for B26 and beyond. Wonder who will get top billing!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,558
    This looks like another CR67.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Hopefully we get some surprises next year. The predictability of this has me bored at present. Same names recycled over and over. Perhaps there's one we haven't considered and whose name hasn't leaked in the wings.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    So, are Burt Bacharach, Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass coming back for the next flick?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,476
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Probably hogwash, but crazier rumors have been posted so:

    https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

    Says two separate sources have "confirmed" Nolan will direct B25 and is already at work on it, with an announcement coming January/February of 2018. Of course, that timeline is pretty much what Barbara already alluded to in terms of finding a director, and Nolan rumors have been rampant for a while, so it's probably a combination of the two.

    Errr, thank you, @Creasy47. Check page 1216... ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,956
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Probably hogwash, but crazier rumors have been posted so:

    https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

    Says two separate sources have "confirmed" Nolan will direct B25 and is already at work on it, with an announcement coming January/February of 2018. Of course, that timeline is pretty much what Barbara already alluded to in terms of finding a director, and Nolan rumors have been rampant for a while, so it's probably a combination of the two.

    Errr, thank you, @Creasy47. Check page 1216... ;)

    Thankfully it only took us 1,255 pages for a rumor to be posted twice! Ohh, wait...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,476
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Probably hogwash, but crazier rumors have been posted so:

    https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

    Says two separate sources have "confirmed" Nolan will direct B25 and is already at work on it, with an announcement coming January/February of 2018. Of course, that timeline is pretty much what Barbara already alluded to in terms of finding a director, and Nolan rumors have been rampant for a while, so it's probably a combination of the two.

    Errr, thank you, @Creasy47. Check page 1216... ;)

    Thankfully it only took us 1,255 pages for a rumor to be posted twice! Ohh, wait...

    Sorry. No offence intended.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,956
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Probably hogwash, but crazier rumors have been posted so:

    https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace

    Says two separate sources have "confirmed" Nolan will direct B25 and is already at work on it, with an announcement coming January/February of 2018. Of course, that timeline is pretty much what Barbara already alluded to in terms of finding a director, and Nolan rumors have been rampant for a while, so it's probably a combination of the two.

    Errr, thank you, @Creasy47. Check page 1216... ;)

    Thankfully it only took us 1,255 pages for a rumor to be posted twice! Ohh, wait...

    Sorry. No offence intended.

    None taken!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    @ggl007, I'm curious - is your fan club still of the opinion that Nolan is involved, or has any information come to your attention in the intervening period which could lead you to change your assessment?
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    We have had Jinx and Hinx, perhaps we will get Lynx or Minx from P&W next
    Who says it´s the writers at all who decide the character names? I find it pretty pretentious how some people here claim they know exactly which bit from the script is by whom.

    It was in jest which was blatantly obvious
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Several directors are confirmed.

    Several actors have been confirmed to play Bond, as well, for B26 and beyond. Wonder who will get top billing!

    Don't forget several artists/bands are confirmed to do the title song.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 34,956
    Walecs wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Several directors are confirmed.

    Several actors have been confirmed to play Bond, as well, for B26 and beyond. Wonder who will get top billing!

    Don't forget several artists/bands are confirmed to do the title song.

    Screaming and singing and slamming on drums and guitars, louder and louder over one another. Should be good!

    I'd honestly love another song akin to YKMN for B25.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 9,127
    Press reports say Kenneth Branagh wants to be BOND 25 villain.
    Published On: Fri, Dec 29th, 2017
    James Bond 25: Kenneth Branagh wants to be Daniel Craig’s final 007 villain
    https://buzzfixtoday.online/james-bond-25-kenneth-branagh-wants-to-be-daniel-craigs-final-007-villain/

    Craig’s fifth and final James Bond movie is set to shoot in 2018, but not much is known about the 25th official 007 outing.

    Now Murder on the Orient Express star Sir Ken has revealed he would love to play the Bond villain.

    Speaking with The Mirror, the 57-year-old said: “I think as an actor that is always delicious to play.

    “I am a connoisseur of those Bond villains. But is a hard one to do. I loved Javier Bardem in Skyfall. [Craig’s villains were] almost Shakespearean.”

    Sir Ken added: “That franchise has been great at responding to the way that audiences want to receive the material.

    “That is not trying to be a cartoon – they want to have as much complication as possible.”

    The last British actor to play a Bond villain was Toby Stephens as Gustav Graves in 2002’s Die Another Day.

    However rumours suggest Christoph Waltz’s Blofeld will return after Spectre, something the star denies.

    Waltz told Italian channel Talky Movie: “No, I’m sorry. I’m really sad, but that’s the tradition, that there is a new (actor)… Sorry. I would’ve liked to.”

    James Bond 25 will be released in UK cinemas in November 2019.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Yeah well, Kenneth, I want a lot of things, too. But, we can't win them all, now, can we? Maybe some miracle happens and Babs selects me as Craig's successor out of the blue. Haha!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,275
    Villeneuve is certainly giving a lot of non-denial denials right now. He is stopping short of saying, "No, I'm not doing it."
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Several directors are confirmed.

    Several actors have been confirmed to play Bond, as well, for B26 and beyond. Wonder who will get top billing!

    Don't forget several artists/bands are confirmed to do the title song.

    Screaming and singing and slamming on drums and guitars, louder and louder over one another. Should be good!

    I'd honestly love another song akin to YKMN for B25.
    Franz Ferdinand should sing the new Bond song, "Die Goodbye Franz".



    Yeah well, Kenneth, I want a lot of things, too. But, we can't win them all, now, can we? Maybe some miracle happens and Babs selects me as Craig's successor out of the blue. Haha!
    I think there is no question that with the right direction Branagh would be a fantastic Bond villain, old school or new school.
    If it was guaranteed that the second unit would shoot 20-35% of the film, I would even recommend Branagh as director.



    TripAces wrote: »
    Villeneuve is certainly giving a lot of non-denial denials right now. He is stopping short of saying, "No, I'm not doing it."
    He says very openly that nothing is certain in Hollywod and it could well be that his planned next film will be scrapped (like 90% of film projects in the planning stage if I understand correctly) and that in that case he would love to direct Bond 25.

  • Posts: 19,339
    Simon West has Bond ambition .

    BBHrhNo.img?h=474&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=488&y=231

    Simon West wants to direct a James Bond movie.

    The 'Expendables 2' filmmaker is a huge fan of the franchise and thinks anyone would be "crazy" to turn down the chance to work on the iconic spy series, which currently features Daniel Craig in the lead role.

    Asked if he'd like to work on a Bond film, he told BANG Showbiz: "Who wouldn't? I grew up on Bond films. They are brilliant. I can't imagine anyone turning down a Bond film. Just for the soundtrack/music alone it's brilliant. You'd be crazy to turn down a Bond film."

    The 56-year-old filmmaker's most recent movie was 'Stratton', which is based on a series of books by former SBS officer Duncan Falconer, and sees Dominic Cooper in the title role trying to stop a terrorist cell from committing an atrocity in London, and he confirmed he'd also like to extend the franchise further.

    However, he thinks it may be better suited to a television series rather than a number of movies as it would allow him to go into more detail.

    He said: "I would like to do more of them. There are so many stories and so many characters, it's almost too big for a film series but maybe TV

    "I'm thinking about which way to go, whether to make another sequel or to use the film as an introductory for a TV series.

    "The great thing about TV now is made on the same scale as movies but you can run much longer and get into the characters for longer so I'm a big fan of that now as the standard is so great, why wouldn't you want to spend two or three years with all those characters rather than a few months."





  • edited December 2017 Posts: 3,130
    boldfinger wrote: »

    He says very openly that nothing is certain in Hollywod and it could well be that his planned next film will be scrapped (like 90% of film projects in the planning stage if I understand correctly) and that in that case he would love to direct Bond 25.

    Exactly, all a question of time. Maybe this Bond talk will give Universal/Legendary some pressure to try work out the timeline on Dune which will then be the final deciding factor for DV. The film currently has nothing except for Villeneuve and writer Eric Roth.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Simon West has Bond ambition .

    BBHrhNo.img?h=474&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=488&y=231

    Simon West wants to direct a James Bond movie.

    The 'Expendables 2' filmmaker is a huge fan of the franchise and thinks anyone would be "crazy" to turn down the chance to work on the iconic spy series, which currently features Daniel Craig in the lead role.

    Asked if he'd like to work on a Bond film, he told BANG Showbiz: "Who wouldn't? I grew up on Bond films. They are brilliant. I can't imagine anyone turning down a Bond film. Just for the soundtrack/music alone it's brilliant. You'd be crazy to turn down a Bond film."

    The 56-year-old filmmaker's most recent movie was 'Stratton', which is based on a series of books by former SBS officer Duncan Falconer, and sees Dominic Cooper in the title role trying to stop a terrorist cell from committing an atrocity in London, and he confirmed he'd also like to extend the franchise further.

    However, he thinks it may be better suited to a television series rather than a number of movies as it would allow him to go into more detail.

    He said: "I would like to do more of them. There are so many stories and so many characters, it's almost too big for a film series but maybe TV

    "I'm thinking about which way to go, whether to make another sequel or to use the film as an introductory for a TV series.

    "The great thing about TV now is made on the same scale as movies but you can run much longer and get into the characters for longer so I'm a big fan of that now as the standard is so great, why wouldn't you want to spend two or three years with all those characters rather than a few months."

    Could've happened during the Brosnan era, but not today.
  • Christopher Nolan directing? Kenneth Brannagh as the villain? I wish this were true, but this would be pure fantasy. No way would this happen. Would love it to be true, of course.
Sign In or Register to comment.