No Time To Die: Production Diary

1124112421244124612472563

Comments

  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Though if bond became black or female or Muslim or gay or whatever, could we still watch the films and be fans of the new films, I for one couldn’t, the character would be ruined.
    I just tried to imagine Larry Croft, and nothing but ridiculousness came out.

    Anyhow, Eon is probably aiming for a comparable female lead character with The Rhythm Section, so if at all, we would get a crossover in ten years, but no female Bond.


    Strelik wrote: »
    Though if bond became black or female or Muslim or gay or whatever, could we still watch the films and be fans of the new films, I for one couldn’t, the character would be ruined.

    I'm actually okay with the character becoming a gay woman of color but only if Daniel Craig is still cast as Bond. Would make for a memorable Bond film at the very least.
    Actually that would be the only possible way for Craig to top the dramatic scenarios of the previous films and close his story arc.
    :-))
  • Posts: 11,425
    I’ve been touting Kenneth Branagh for years
  • Posts: 12,241
    I would love Branagh as DC's final villain!!! Have admired his work and ethic for many years!
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Posts: 217
    Kenneth Branagh would be great as villain!
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 1,003
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/entertainment/james-bond-producer-next-007-black-woman-2017-12

    Jesus, I would hope they just agree to not be controversial but damn why does everyone care about throwing in a black person so “it’s not racist”, sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    Why is the media so obsessed with Idris Elba?? Don’t they know he would be in his 50s by the time he’s even considered for Bond? They aren’t signing a 50 year old up for Bond smh.

    Iv said this a million times but why not just create a NEW CHARACTER?!

    Seriously! Make a female spy character up or a black spy character and give them their own charactistics.

    It’s the same lame crap over and over again “Idris Elba, Tom Hardy or some random trans actor/actress” smh.


    What also pisses me off is that Craig has been Bond for over ten years yet every year they talk about replacing him versus praising him.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Posts: 1,499
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maxim.com/.amp/entertainment/james-bond-producer-next-007-black-woman-2017-12

    Jesus, I would hope they just agree to not be controversial but damn why does everyone care about throwing in a black person so “it’s not racist”, sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    Why is the media so obsessed with Idris Elba?? Don’t they know he would be in his 50s by the time he’s even considered for Bond? They aren’t signing a 50 year old up for Bond smh.

    Iv said this a million times but why not just create a NEW CHARACTER?!

    Seriously! Make a female spy character up or a black spy character and give them their own charactistics.

    It’s the same lame crap over and over again “Idris Elba, Tom Hardy or some random trans actor/actress” smh.


    What also pisses me off is that Craig has been Bond for over ten years yet every year they talk about replacing him versus praising him.

    Amen man. It's like having a white guy play Shaft lol.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 5,172
    There is nothing new to this.
    The press will keep asking, just to get a controversial soundbite and make a nice little clickbait headline out of it like the one above.

    The press can ask for a Black or Female Bond all they want but guess what? The press does not give a damn whether a Black or Female Bond would actually sell any tickets or kill the franchise for Good.
    Barbara is not an idiot. She will be keepin an eye on her Money and off Idris Elbas perfectly formed arse.

    Also most 'journalists' and wannabe celebrity SJWs don't even know that Bond is based on a literary character. Its not as widely known in the public sphere as i hoped it would. But of course some people would choose to ignore that as well to get their Agenda through which has nothing to do with keeping this franchise running.
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 1,003
    I actually just saw someone suggest “Gigi Hadid to play James Bond!”

    Seriously?!?? I hate tabloids.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 1,499
    I actually just saw someone suggest “Gigi Hadid to play James Bond!”

    Seriously?!?? I hate tabloids.

    Lol maybe as a Bond girl. In like 5 years. Wasn't there a rumor about eight years back that Kim Kardashian wanted to be a Bond girl. Jesus.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 9,147
    Remington wrote: »
    Lol maybe as a Bond girl. In like 5 years. Wasn't there a rumor about eight years back that Kim Kardashian wanted to be a Bond girl. Jesus.
    Wait for Kanye!
    0fe22373ae0d4ff4b2edfc5dbacd3f47--jet-skies-a-yacht.jpg
    SKY20090623120941CV.jpg
    diddy-bm-lifestyle-saint-tropez.jpg
    diddy.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    I want my sandals to play James Bond. They are black and white, could pass for a tuxedo, right?

    *Shaking my head*

    Gigi Hadid as Bond. Lol, okay.
  • Posts: 4,619
    T-1 day until I can post "filming of BOND 25 will start this year".
  • Posts: 5,745
    Remington wrote: »
    Lol maybe as a Bond girl. In like 5 years. Wasn't there a rumor about eight years back that Kim Kardashian wanted to be a Bond girl. Jesus.
    Wait for Kanye!
    0fe22373ae0d4ff4b2edfc5dbacd3f47--jet-skies-a-yacht.jpg
    SKY20090623120941CV.jpg
    diddy-bm-lifestyle-saint-tropez.jpg
    diddy.jpg

    That isn't Kanye, somehow possibly proving a point.
  • Posts: 12,618
    00Agent wrote: »
    There is nothing new to this.
    The press will keep asking, just to get a controversial soundbite and make a nice little clickbait headline out of it like the one above.

    The press can ask for a Black or Female Bond all they want but guess what? The press does not give a damn whether a Black or Female Bond would actually sell any tickets or kill the franchise for Good.
    Barbara is not an idiot. She will be keepin an eye on her Money and off Idris Elbas perfectly formed arse.

    Also most 'journalists' and wannabe celebrity SJWs don't even know that Bond is based on a literary character. Its not as widely known in the public sphere as i hoped it would. But of course some people would choose to ignore that as well to get their Agenda through which has nothing to do with keeping this franchise running.

    Well said. All media clickbait bull. Always on Bond, though.
    One never hears Elba being touted to replace Henry Cavill as Superman or Affleck as Batman. It's always Bond that gets this treatment. You never see articles advocating Gillian Anderson as the next Clark Kent and so forth.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 5,172
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    There is nothing new to this.
    The press will keep asking, just to get a controversial soundbite and make a nice little clickbait headline out of it like the one above.

    The press can ask for a Black or Female Bond all they want but guess what? The press does not give a damn whether a Black or Female Bond would actually sell any tickets or kill the franchise for Good.
    Barbara is not an idiot. She will be keepin an eye on her Money and off Idris Elbas perfectly formed arse.

    Also most 'journalists' and wannabe celebrity SJWs don't even know that Bond is based on a literary character. Its not as widely known in the public sphere as i hoped it would. But of course some people would choose to ignore that as well to get their Agenda through which has nothing to do with keeping this franchise running.

    Well said. All media clickbait bull. Always on Bond, though.
    One never hears Elba being touted to replace Henry Cavill as Superman or Affleck as Batman. It's always Bond that gets this treatment. You never see articles advocating Gillian Anderson as the next Clark Kent and so forth.

    Well that is true but Bond is simply bigger than any superhero. He actually is a political figure to some degree as he's symbolic for british pride. You even see the british Prime Minister talk about him, he's doing short films with the Queen.

    He's so damn big that everyone wants to Talk about him, and a lot of journalists are just trying to provoke a reaction by asking stupid questions. Bond related articles generate way more clicks than any other topic.

    If you suggest Gillian Anderson as the possible next Bond people get pissed. And pissed people do a lot of clicking and commenting online and thats all The Sun for example needs you to do to generate money off of you. It's really not rocket sience.

    We are all guilty of reading these pointless clickbait articles so they will keep coming.
    Every rumored casting is Headline worthy but suggesting female or non white Bonds get our blood boiling and generates probably even more clicks than the other stuff.

    Don't kid yourselves that the press is doing any actual journalism or report on actual events happening behind the scenes. They will file most of that stuff simply under 'Entertainment' and making a quick Buck.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Posts: 2,725
    Dev Patel as James Bond is confirmed ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 9,147
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    That isn't Kanye, somehow possibly proving a point.
    Well, that's kind of not fair, @JWESTBROOK. 'Cause I'm not gonna defend Kanye.

    But I agree on some level.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 3,133
    sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    you might want to check out Red Sparrow when that comes out in March.

    Between that (which I hope will turn into a franchise as the 2nd book is fantastic), Rhythm Section (as we all know also an EON production) and Atomic Blonde, yes the industry is putting original (be it truly original or ones originally women in their respective mediums - in this case novels/comics) female spy characters on screen.

    But the reason why the call for a female Bond is still there is the same for female versions of Ghostbusters, Ocean's Trilogy and others - they're all huge global brands.

    And saying 'oh but why don't you make a male Wonder Woman then' also doesn't work because it's a false equivalency, that's completely forgetting the power balance between genders...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.
    From my perspective at least, I suppose it would depend on the woman. If it's JLaw (Red Sparrow), Theron (Atomic Blonde) or Lively (Rhythm Section) I won't complain.

    At the end of the day however these female driven spy flicks will have to appeal to men too in order to resonate. So somewhat ironically I believe that the films will have to abide to some extent by the same rules and genre stereotypes which drive Bond. The very rules which upset some people.

    Bond (as opposed to Batman and other characters) is usually a target of this PC brigade because the 'film' character has for 40 odd years embodied the manifestation of the colonial white male ego and male power over women. These are elements which aren't too fashionable at present. I said 40 years deliberately, because primarily during the Dalton and now Craig eras there has been a concerted attempt to dial it back, emphasizing character peelback and more recently cars, locations and jumping on the 'superhero' bandwagon. Despite such attempts to move the film character with the times, the 'legend' of the character is still most associated with his storied 'bad boy' filmic past (and the classic characterizations by the unforgettable actors who portrayed him so well) imho, and so he will continue to be a target.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2017 Posts: 3,767
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hopefully we get some surprises next year. The predictability of this has me bored at present. Same names recycled over and over. Perhaps there's one we haven't considered and whose name hasn't leaked in the wings.

    I see Eon wil possible go for somebody like Daniel Espinosa (Child 44, Safe House), Brian Percivalor, Vicente Amorim too. Steven Knight as possible 3th writer or mabey even i see happend there hire Steven Knight as directer.








    I think it is possible to make another Goldeneye with Daniel Espinosa. Safe House is also closer to CR and QOS. I think that both CR and Spectre already should have got R - rated (16+). There should find a balance for Skyfall and TDK haters and doubt about violence of CR like my self and the lovers.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    M_Balje wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hopefully we get some surprises next year. The predictability of this has me bored at present. Same names recycled over and over. Perhaps there's one we haven't considered and whose name hasn't leaked in the wings.

    I see Eon wil possible go for somebody like Daniel Espinosa (Child 44, Safe House), Brian Percivalor, Vicente Amorim too. Steven Knight as possible 3th writer or mabey even i see happend there hire Steven Knight as directer.








    I think it is possible to make another Goldeneye with Daniel Espinosa. Safe House is also closer to CR and QOS. I think that both CR and Spectre already should have got R - rated (16+). There should find a balance for Skyfall and TDK haters and doubt about violence of CR like my self and the lovers.
    I haven't heard of any of those films (or the directors) but they all look quite interesting, especially the first one with Hardy (nice accent) and Oldman. There's an intense, personal and gritty flavour to them which is more in keeping with the direction I assumed they were going to go when Demange & Mackenzie were being mentioned last summer.
  • Posts: 12,241
    It would be so nice to wake up tomorrow, log onto MI6 and see something official announced?!! Or a statement of some kind stating that their will be some sort of press release on a certain date later in the month?!! Pipe dream I know!!!
  • Posts: 8,704
    The older I get the more I don’t mind the rumor period as well eventually there will be no more hopefully not in my life time of course but still...
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,767
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    Lol maybe as a Bond girl. In like 5 years. Wasn't there a rumor about eight years back that Kim Kardashian wanted to be a Bond girl. Jesus.
    Wait for Kanye!
    0fe22373ae0d4ff4b2edfc5dbacd3f47--jet-skies-a-yacht.jpg
    SKY20090623120941CV.jpg
    diddy-bm-lifestyle-saint-tropez.jpg
    diddy.jpg

    That isn't Kanye, somehow possibly proving a point.

    That's P. Diddy. I'm sure he'd be game to take over from DC.
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 1,003
    antovolk wrote: »
    sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    you might want to check out Red Sparrow when that comes out in March.

    Between that (which I hope will turn into a franchise as the 2nd book is fantastic), Rhythm Section (as we all know also an EON production) and Atomic Blonde, yes the industry is putting original (be it truly original or ones originally women in their respective mediums - in this case novels/comics) female spy characters on screen.

    But the reason why the call for a female Bond is still there is the same for female versions of Ghostbusters, Ocean's Trilogy and others - they're all huge global brands.

    And saying 'oh but why don't you make a male Wonder Woman then' also doesn't work because it's a false equivalency, that's completely forgetting the power balance between genders...

    There’s a difference between a woman spy and a female James Bond. I have no interest in watching Atomic Blonde or any other female led spy film. I turned off ghostbusters during the first ten minutes. It was god awful!

    Lately I have been watching a lot of old school films or movies I hadn’t seen before. It’s been awhile since a decent movie has been made without all the bs CGI. It’s kinda the same for action and horror.. 80s-90s horror is better than any horror I have seen today.

    I’d rather re watch some Connery Bond films vs any recent action film released.

    It’s kinda sad.

  • Posts: 3,133
    bondjames wrote: »

    At the end of the day however these female driven spy flicks will have to appeal to men too in order to resonate. So somewhat ironically I believe that the films will have to abide to some extent by the same rules and genre stereotypes which drive Bond. The very rules which upset some people.

    I mean....not necessarily. Just look how wide release films strongly targeted towards females and marginalised communities have broken out (think Girls Trip, think 50 Shades)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    antovolk wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

    At the end of the day however these female driven spy flicks will have to appeal to men too in order to resonate. So somewhat ironically I believe that the films will have to abide to some extent by the same rules and genre stereotypes which drive Bond. The very rules which upset some people.

    I mean....not necessarily. Just look how wide release films strongly targeted towards females and marginalised communities have broken out (think Girls Trip, think 50 Shades)
    Yes, you're correct in that respect - not necessarily. Having said that, I've not seen either of these films and don't have any interest to. I can't imagine I'm alone in this forum. Presumably they deal with things from a female or minority perspective. Additionally, these aren't in the spy or thriller genre. I'd be curious to see if a female or minority driven film in the spy genre could achieve similar resonance. From what I understand, Atomic Blonde wasn't a huge success.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,070
    Idris Elba, has been the subject of a tremendous amount of tabloid speculation (fiction) pegging him as the next Bond. I’m strongly against this but would love to see this talented, charismatic actor in a quality spy film as an original character.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    So would I. Elba in his own entry would be compelling. He did The Take a few years back and I quite enjoyed that. A minority in a thriller can work.

    However is the public ready to provide the big $$ for a female driven spy film or even a minority female driven spy film? We shall find out soon enough, as Proud Mary and Red Sparrow drop in 2018.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Posts: 1,499
    I actually just saw someone suggest “Gigi Hadid to play James Bond!”

    Seriously?!?? I hate tabloids.

    Lol maybe as a Bond girl. In like 5 years.
    antovolk wrote: »
    sorry but do we really want to watch a woman spy shag a bunch of random guys? Wouldn’t work.

    you might want to check out Red Sparrow when that comes out in March.

    Between that (which I hope will turn into a franchise as the 2nd book is fantastic), Rhythm Section (as we all know also an EON production) and Atomic Blonde, yes the industry is putting original (be it truly original or ones originally women in their respective mediums - in this case novels/comics) female spy characters on screen.

    But the reason why the call for a female Bond is still there is the same for female versions of Ghostbusters, Ocean's Trilogy and others - they're all huge global brands.

    And saying 'oh but why don't you make a male Wonder Woman then' also doesn't work because it's a false equivalency, that's completely forgetting the power balance between genders...

    There’s a difference between a woman spy and a female James Bond. I have no interest in watching Atomic Blonde or any other female led spy film. I turned off ghostbusters during the first ten minutes. It was god awful!

    Lately I have been watching a lot of old school films or movies I hadn’t seen before. It’s been awhile since a decent movie has been made without all the bs CGI. It’s kinda the same for action and horror.. 80s-90s horror is better than any horror I have seen today.

    I’d rather re watch some Connery Bond films vs any recent action film released.

    It’s kinda sad.

    Totally agree on all of this.
Sign In or Register to comment.