No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    As long as the composer, whoever might he (or even she) be, delivers a soundtrack identifiable with Bond (and its fair use of The Bond Theme, because it's a first and foremost a James Bond film) and doesn't go out of his way to blow random notes Zimmer-style that's suited for a B-Movie thriller done by amateurs at best, I'll be alright with it.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,619
    (and its fair use of The Bond Theme, because it's a first and foremost a James Bond film)
    What the franchise desperately needs right now is a 10 year moratorium on the use of the Bond theme.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    As long as the composer, whoever might he (or even she) be, delivers a soundtrack identifiable with Bond (and its fair use of The Bond Theme, because it's a first and foremost a James Bond film) and doesn't go out of his way to blow random notes Zimmer-style that's suited for a B-Movie thriller done by amateurs at best, I'll be alright with it.

And as long as his name is David Arnold.
    (and its fair use of The Bond Theme, because it's a first and foremost a James Bond film)
    What the franchise desperately needs right now is a 10 year moratorium on the use of the Bond theme.
    I'm still baffled how are you a Bond fan, really.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The @Bond25film fan account on twitter posted this today (does a member here run it?).

"Contacted the British Council for Film and they have since removed Thomas Newman from "Music" for #Bond25. film.britishcouncil.org/bond-25"

And

"They added that they'll now only update the composer listing when they have *definitive* news."

Looks like the British Council for Film jumped the gun on Thomas Newman and have since removed him from their site.
    http://film.britishcouncil.org/bond-25

YESSSSSSS!!! Thank god!
  • manovermanover uk
    Blade Runner 2049 getting rave reviews.
    Like I said, this Villeneuve chap is the next Christopher Nolan.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,694

Bingo. Finally confirmation that you hate Thomas Newman, as he is the only one in the Craig era to use the Bond theme in an actual scene of the film and not just the end credits like David Arnold did in CR and QOS.

One more time: you officially announced you hate Thomas Newman and thus he should be stripped of his Oscar nomination for SF.

Bingo. Finally confirmation that you hate Thomas Newman, as he is the only one in the Craig era to use the Bond theme in an actual scene of the film and not just the end credits like David Arnold did in CR and QOS.

One more time: you officially announced you hate Thomas Newman and thus he should be stripped of his Oscar nomination for SF.
    =)) That just sums it up!
  • I find it pretty disgusting how Sam Mendes and Thomas Newman are being treated in here. Disrespectful to say the least. How most people scream "Hallelujah!!" when only the tiniest news about Thomas Newman is being released, to me is offensive. Did we do that for Guy Hamilton's or John Glen's less critically aclaimed Bond films? I don't think so.

Here, You can have the Cutesy Flute version Newman does as your reward. :)
    http://picosong.com/wwZxA/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I find it pretty disgusting how Sam Mendes and Thomas Newman are being treated in here. Disrespectful to say the least. How most people scream "Hallelujah!!" when only the tiniest news about Thomas Newman is being released, to me is offensive. Did we do that for Guy Hamilton's or John Glen's less critically aclaimed Bond films? I don't think so.

Probably not, but the way you talk about Pierce Brosnan and his 4 Bond films, you should find yourself way more offensive than anyone in this thread.
    I find it pretty disgusting how Sam Mendes and Thomas Newman are being treated in here. Disrespectful to say the least. How most people scream "Hallelujah!!" when only the tiniest news about Thomas Newman is being released, to me is offensive. Did we do that for Guy Hamilton's or John Glen's less critically aclaimed Bond films? I don't think so.

You give equal disrespect to Pierce's Era and David Arnold.
    I find it pretty much offensive when you detract Pierce Brosnan and his films in every single post you make, having to compare the things you like about the current era and whatever seems to be classed as "the cons" by you coming from the Brosnan era. It's a two-way street, bud. Either live with it, or simply ignore it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    Murdock wrote: »

Here, You can have the Cutesy Flute version Newman does as your reward. :)
    http://picosong.com/wwZxA/

74426.jpg
    It could be the Bond equivilant to "Bah Dum Tish." ;)
    BonyImpressiveHamadryad.gif
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    It should be.

enthusiastic-audience-clapping-in-theater-DKPXK7.jpg
  • Murdock wrote: »

You give equal disrespect to Pierce's Era and David Arnold.

That's grotesque really. I loved David Arnold's first two scores for TND and TWINE. I even POSTED my favourite tracks from those scores.

On many occasions in here I strongly defended TWINE as my uttermost favourite Brosnan film. A film in which Brosnan's Bond is showing vulnerabilities and emotions. It was perhaps even Brosnan's best outing.

Now it's up to you and @DaltonCraig007 to leave out those nuances. But that's not very fair either no @Murdock? At least a few people in here could mention their favourite moments involving Sam Mendes and Thomas Newman. But as far as I read in here is nothing but contempt. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I could be wrong.
    @PanchitoPistoles and @Gustav_Graves, the 2 main Thomas Newman haters on MI6Community, clapping in mutual agreement. How ironic.

That's grotesque really. I loved David Arnold's first two scores for TND and TWINE. I even POSTED my favourite tracks from those scores.

On many occasions in here I strongly defended TWINE as my uttermost favourite Brosnan film. A film in which Brosnan's Bond is showing vulnerabilities and emotions. It was perhaps even Brosnan's best outing.

Now it's up to you and @DaltonCraig007 to leave out those nuances. But that's not very fair either no @Murdock? At least a few people in here could mention their favourite moments involving Sam Mendes and Thomas Newman. But as far as I read in here is nothing but contempt. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I could be wrong.

Saying nothing would have been better than your post there, as all I see are just words bundled up together instead of acknowledging or explaining anything. Just keep on throwing your little tantrum you do every 10 or so pages.
    I've given lots of love to Skyfall and Spectre. I enjoy both the films. And I've mentioned a few of Newman tracks I do like. But as a whole, I don't like 80% of Newman's output for both his films. There are a few tracks I like but his biggest weakness was action scoring. It wasn't memorable and doesn't make me feel excited. So yes, I am happy he won't be returning. And I'm entitled to it. If my extreme passion for Bond music comes off as disrespect, so be it. But I like a Bond music I can put on a CD and drive to after a rough day.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I've given lots of love to Skyfall and Spectre. I enjoy both the films. And I've mentioned a few of Newman tracks I do like. But as a whole, I don't like 80% of Newman's output for both his films. There are a few tracks I like but his biggest weakness was action scoring. It wasn't memorable and doesn't make me feel excited. So yes, I am happy he won't be returning. And I'm entitled to it. If my extreme passion for Bond music comes off as disrespect, so be it. But I like a Bond music I can put on a CD and drive to after a rough day.
    You said it best, mate. Somebody who knows what he's talking about.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    So yes, I am happy he won't be returning. And I'm entitled to it. If my extreme passion for Bond music comes off as disrespect, so be it. But I like a Bond music I can put on a CD and drive to after a rough day.

But you are basing that on his name being deleted from a website. That's hardly official news. It's just that.....perhaps we, me included, could stop wishful thinking a bit more. Because once Thomas Newman really comes back and is confirmed, then suddenly ranting starts intensifying again because of a sudden disappointment kicking in.

And let's say if David Arnold returns......I will say this: Let's give Arnold's score for Bond #25 a first proper listen before we are going to be happy about his return. Same thing with Denis Villeneuve. People are raving about him. But even the best directors occasionally make flawed films. Just look at Sam Mendes' "SPECTRE", Matthew Vaughn's "Kingsman: The Golden Circle". Even Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" wasn't unanimously raved.
  • @PanchitoPistoles and @Gustav_Graves, the 2 main Thomas Newman haters on MI6Community, clapping in mutual agreement. How ironic.

"Haters" ?
    @PanchitoPistoles and @Gustav_Graves, the 2 main Thomas Newman haters on MI6Community, clapping in mutual agreement. How ironic.

"Haters" ?

Yes, the only hate Newman received in the last couple of pages came from you and Panchito. The one who proved he hated Newman is Panchito, and he subsequently agreed with your posts, so you just have to connect the dots to figure out you and Panchito are Newman haters by association.
  • (and its fair use of The Bond Theme, because it's a first and foremost a James Bond film)

Know what? Why not get rid of this Bond guy as well. This should take care of those " it's all so predictable" accusations.
  • I find it pretty disgusting how Sam Mendes and Thomas Newman are being treated in here. Disrespectful to say the least. How most people scream "Hallelujah!!" when only the tiniest news about Thomas Newman is being released, to me is offensive. Did we do that for Guy Hamilton's or John Glen's less critically aclaimed Bond films? I don't think so.

You're so cute when you're dressed up all in wrath and disgust with all those disrespectful peasants you are forced to deal with here.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,619
    Yes, the only hate Newman received in the last couple of pages came from you and Panchito. The one who proved he hated Newman is Panchito,
    Are you high? How on earth does the fact that I want less Bond theme in the future prove that I hate Newman? Seriously, stop posting.
    Know what? Why not get rid of this Bond guy as well.
    That's too radical, but I really wouldn't mind a Bond film with Bond in only a supporting role.
    Yes, the only hate Newman received in the last couple of pages came from you and Panchito. The one who proved he hated Newman is Panchito,
    Are you high? How on earth does the fact that I want less Bond theme in the future prove that I hate Newman? Seriously, stop posting.

You want less Bond theme = you hate Newman. End of discussion, you lost.

If you try to argue otherwise, you are mentally retarded. Yes, I said it. Newman is the only composer in the last 4 films to use the Bond theme in an actual scene of the film instead of only in the end credits. So your 10 years 'moratorium' on the Bond theme, had it been in place in 2002 after DAD, would rule out Newman as a composer for SF, so think about that for one second before making yourself look like an idiot.

Also, you aren't a Bond fan, you proved that already in this thread as well. Nor have you ever seen an actual Bond film. So you're the one who should stop posting on this forums as you hate the very franchise this website is about.
    All Bond and no Bond Theme make Murdock a dull boy. :))