No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Nothing wrong with heated discussions and disagreements, but the next time I see any offensive name calling in this thread there will be an official warning issued.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 11,119
    I'm really really curious now about "Blade Runner 2049". People are also raving about the female lead in the film. Our own Dutch Sylvia Hoeks. Could she be the new 'Alicia Vikander'? And could she be potential Bond girl material??
    Ana de Armas is the female lead and she got more raves so far than Sylvia Hoeks. As for either of them being the new Alicia Vikander, I sure hope not. Vikander is the single WORST actress of her generation and she is the only living actor I despise.

What shall I say? I have a word: "Exaggeration"

I'm surprised you aren't super offended and angered again that Alicia Vikander is described there as an 'actor' instead of 'actress'. Don't you have a strong stance against sexism?

For you I'm sexless

Good, at least I don't have to read the PM you sent me last night, where I assume you told me to stop attacking you all the time, as it would now be meaningless as you are the only one making personal attacks at the moment. Also, try to be more offensive and insulting, because I'm nowhere near as angered and shocked by your post as you are towards mine whenever I reply to you, so I'm afraid you're at a disadvantage.

Also, don't forget to use a dot at the end of your message. Unless the peak of your personal attack is missing, in which case I can't wait to be 'offended'.

Jolly :O. You really have the guts to......leak a respectful personal message I sent to you? In which I......even apoligized? I was surprised I didn't get a response back, but now it turns out you didn't even read it, nor do you care about apoligies.

And now you get....this annoyed by a pun from me....when you start bringing sexism into this discussion? I even belittle myself by saying that I am sexless (not you). What is it with you man.... You seem like a mosquito unable to let go of my skin. And yes, off course I am angry. Because you ridicule me with every post or set of arguments that I am posting.

I really think you're crossing a certain line here. And I would like one of the moderators to look into this @Creasy47 @DarthDimi. I mean, I know there are guidelines regarding the f-word. And I deserved a warning for that. As a result I thought apoligizing was a good thing. But to me, doing this, leaking information from a PM that I sent in good faith and confidence only show that your intentions in here towards me are not good, also deserves a proper warning from a moderator.

Murdock wrote: »
    That was his biggest problem for me yes. The recycling was the other issue.

I thought this piece by Newman was well done.

After 2.35 it is quite subtle and ambient.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 11,119
    vzok wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    That was his biggest problem for me yes. The recycling was the other issue.

I thought this piece by Newman was well done.

After 2.35 it is quite subtle and ambient.

I was about to post another track from Thomas Newman as a response, thinking that we're posting some better tracks from the composer and were discussing a bit more serious about his music. Only finding out that it was pure sarcasm :-).

In any case, I truly like this piece from Thomas Newman. I listen to it a lot.....It's a nice piece of chamber orchestra music, that was composed by Thomas Newman and used for the end titles of "Little Children". It's really wonderful modern classical music...if you ask me:
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,694
    I'm really really curious now about "Blade Runner 2049". People are also raving about the female lead in the film. Our own Dutch Sylvia Hoeks. Could she be the new 'Alicia Vikander'? And could she be potential Bond girl material??
    Ana de Armas is the female lead and she got more raves so far than Sylvia Hoeks. As for either of them being the new Alicia Vikander, I sure hope not. Vikander is the single WORST actress of her generation and she is the only living actor I despise.

What shall I say? I have a word: "Exaggeration"

I'm surprised you aren't super offended and angered again that Alicia Vikander is described there as an 'actor' instead of 'actress'. Don't you have a strong stance against sexism?

For you I'm sexless

Good, at least I don't have to read the PM you sent me last night, where I assume you told me to stop attacking you all the time, as it would now be meaningless as you are the only one making personal attacks at the moment. Also, try to be more offensive and insulting, because I'm nowhere near as angered and shocked by your post as you are towards mine whenever I reply to you, so I'm afraid you're at a disadvantage.

Also, don't forget to use a dot at the end of your message. Unless the peak of your personal attack is missing, in which case I can't wait to be 'offended'.

Jolly :O. You really have the guts to......leak a respectful personal message I sent to you? In which I......even apoligized? I was surprised I didn't get a response back, but now it turns out you didn't even read it, nor do you care about apoligies.

And now you get....this annoyed by a pun from me....when you start bringing sexism into this discussion? I even belittle myself by saying that I am sexless (not you). What is it with you man.... You seem like a mosquito unable to let go of my skin. And yes, off course I am angry. Because you ridicule me with every post or set of arguments that I am posting.

I really think you're crossing a certain line here. And I would like one of the moderators to look into this @Creasy47 @DarthDimi. I mean, I know there are guidelines regarding the f-word. And I deserved a warning for that. As a result I thought apoligizing was a good thing. But to me, doing this, leaking information from a PM that I sent in good faith and confidence only show that your intentions in here towards me are not good, also deserves a proper warning from a moderator.

An attack? Where? I pointed out the actor/actress mistake in the post you quoted, asking you why you didn't react to it. Either you had seen it and could just have replied to me that you didn't feel his mistake was 'worthy' of being angered about, or you didn't notice it, in which case you could have thanked me for pointing out the mistake for you. The only attack so far today comes from you, so are you asking the moderators to give yourself a warning?

And by the by, I said I never read your PM, and I also used the word 'assume' when talking about the content, meaning I don't know what's on it - I only saw a notification appear last night that I received a PM from you. So what are you accusing me of leaking? The fact that I got a received a PM from you?

In which case: I want to leak the fact I received a PM from @DarthDimi concerning Blade Runner 2049. Now, can I have my warning for leaking a PM I received from *gasp* a moderator?

P.S.: I never brought sexism into the conversation, but you did when Clara Delevigne was mentioned in this thread a few months ago. So you can accuse yourself of bringing sexism into the discussion, but not me.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I've never found her attractive; she often has a "heroin chic ", strung out,at times tom-boyish look. Bond can do better.

Sexism. Sorry, but can we also focus a bit on acting skills??

Unless you forgot already?
  • I think you crossed a line here @DaltonCraig007. Let's leave it at that. I think it's better to ignore each other. Although even when I'm not directly talking to you, you....keep responding.
    Looks like I've stumbled into a playground again..,this thread,what it does to people.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,694
    You are saying a 'line has been crossed'. Who crossed it? You, not me. I (jokingly) asked you why you didn't notice the sexism in his post, either you tell me it wasn't a big offense from him, or you thank me for pointing out to you if you hadn't seen the mistake. But no, you attacked me, the same behaviour I assume the PM I received was about. The attacking comes from you, and I think you should be very offended and angered by the constant personal attacks coming from a user named @Gustav_Graves, because he's the only one to be 'insulting and offensive', according to another @Gustav_Graves. Unless I'm getting a bit confused about the usernames, and we wouldn't want that, would we?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    My not so subtle view on this whole thing. They should just reboot. The mood will improve in here immeasurably when we have something fresh to speculate on. Directors and composers just don't cut it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Looks like I've stumbled into a playground again..,this thread,what it does to people.
    Don't be melodramatic. Nothing to do with the thread.
    jake24 wrote: »

I take it you are saying that in a tongue in cheek way and not talking to me like that seriously >?

@barryt007 do you write all your posts doing the same hand sign as Craig does in your avatar? ;)
    @barryt007 do you write all your posts doing the same hand sign as Craig does in your avatar? ;)

Hahaha I do indeed DC007 ,it saves me having to type it all the time at the end of the sentence.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »

I take it you are saying that in a tongue in cheek way and not talking to me like that seriously >?
    I wasn't trying to offend, but no, I was serious.
  • mattjoesmattjoes matjoevakia
    At any rate, I thought the common anti-sexism position was that the term actor should be used for both male and female performers, instead of having a different word for each gender.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    At any rate, I thought the common anti-sexism position was that the term actor should be used for both male and female performers, instead of having a different word for each gender.
    I didn't know that. It explains a lot, because I've seen the term 'actor' being used to refer to a female performer and have shaken my head wondering how they could have made such a basic mistake. Oh well. I can't keep up with all this PC stuff anymore.
    Oh dear ... have I come to the wrong thread again? Please re-direct me to Bond 25 discussion ...
    Dennison wrote: »
    Oh dear ... have I come to the wrong thread again? Please re-direct me to Bond 25 discussion ...
    Why don't you offer up something that you feel is worth discussing then.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    The hate on Mendes is a bit much.

It will never be too much for the simple fact he made Blofeld Bond's step-brother (or whatever, the simple fact they knew each other as children is outrageous).

She's much better than Vikander. Hoeks is truly hot, while Vikander, in my opinion, is not.
    bondjames wrote: »

Denis Villenueve is my choice for director. There mate you have it .... DISCUSS AWAY ... then. That's worth discussing THEN - why don't you do that ... THEN ... Let's go THEN
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I noticed that there is still no IMDB profile for the Dune movie directed by Denis Villeneuve as far as I can tell. I know IMDB usually means nothing but it is surprising as we seem to know more about Dune ie. Director and writer than we did about Bond25 three months ago. There was always a Bond25 profile

Denis Villenueve is my choice for director. There mate you have it .... DISCUSS AWAY ... then. That's worth discussing THEN - why don't you do that ... THEN ... Let's go THEN
    That's it? We've already been doing that diligently for a few pages now. My views have already been expressed a couple of times on the matter. Most seem to want him. It's just a rumour mind you. Nothing to get too excited about at present. He's still committed to Dune as far as we know.
    I have said before Nolan coming in for his own 007 Trilogy I would be fine with.. (even more fine if Hardy is Bond #7) and even if it's a contemporary setting there is still plenty for Nolan to reinvent (personally the time is right for Smersh to be reinvented) but we can discuss what should happen in Bond 26 after we discuss Bond 25 (and after it comes out)

As for the next film personally I think it's down to Yann or Dennis but then again in 2013 I thought Nicholas Winding Refn was going to direct Bond 24 based on the rumors at the time (which had him and I think Ang Lee as the front runners and sorry after Hulk Ang Lee should not be allowed to direct the traffic at a bond film let alone anything else) so who knows what will really happen...

In terms of plot sorry I am not saying the revenge driven plot is nesscarily what I want (I love LTK and QOS but even I must admit that both films are divisive at best) but due to the corner they wrote themselves into...

The only other way (which I am guessing is even more hated) is the "samurai" story where Bond is now a diplomat and the new 007 (a young female preferably with the character name of Gala Brand) is assigned to watch over the diplomat proceedings between The UK and (insert random country here)... throughout the course of the film Bond realizes he can't have a normal life with Swann and that he must protect the world so people like Gala can have a normal life. Which means at the end of the film Bond walks away from Swann and back into his role as 007 (which sadly takes the dramatic moment of the last two films and combines them)

That's it? We've already been doing that diligently for a few pages now. My views have already been expressed a couple of times on the matter. Most seem to want him. It's just a rumour mind you. Nothing to get too excited about at present. He's still committed to Dune as far as we know.

That's it ... ? No a film has producers, musicians, DoPs, grips, lighting men, assistant directors ...

How did I know you'd react with 'we've already been talking about that' 'can't you talk about something else' - this forum is so predictable. Give it another 50 pages and you'll all be bemoanign Mendes, Brofeld, and Thomas Newman again - it's dull and boring and repetitive. Thought I'd join the club :)

That's it ... ? No a film has producers, musicians, DoPs, grips, lighting men, assistant directors ...

How did I know you'd react with 'we've already been talking about that' 'can't you talk about something else' - this forum is so predictable. Give it another 50 pages and you'll all be bemoanign Mendes, Brofeld, and Thomas Newman again - it's dull and boring and repetitive. Thought I'd join the club :)
    That's just it though. You keep coming back and here and insulting members on this thread and the forum in general. What are you doing here if you think it's such a waste? Surely there are better ways for you to spend your time rather than come and nag on the rest of us and subject yourself to what you think is boredom.

When you make a comment that a thread is boring and predictable and then when asked to give your opinion provide one of the most predictable comments on such thread (eg. I want Villeneuve) without any context or clarification after its been discussed for pages on end, how are you helping matters? At least Risico007 brought some new ideas above.

Why continually jump on members? If you want to make this interesting, then make it interesting with some new suggestions and ideas.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 1,031

That's just it though. You keep coming back and here and insulting members on this thread and the forum in general. What are you doing here if you think it's such a waste? Surely there are better ways for you to spend your time rather than come and nag on the rest of us and subject yourself to what you think is boredom.

When you make a comment that a thread is boring and predictable and then when asked to give your opinion provide one of the most predictable comments on such thread (eg. I want Villeneuve) without any context or clarification after its been discussed for pages on end, how are you helping matters? At least Risico007 brought some new ideas above.

Why continually jump on members? If you want to make this interesting, then make it interesting with some new suggestions and ideas.

I have insulted no one. I have not 'jumped' on any members. I find this forum very interesting. Why are you always annoyed with me? I have been on these forums for quite some time and you never used to get this annoyed with me.

My comment about Villeneuve was perfectly valid. I don't have to clarify or give context to anything. As long as I'm not insulting anyone (which I have not done, no one has offended me or given me cause to insult them), and am on track with that particular thread I can say as much or as little as I want.

Really don't understand why you're getting annoyed with me, I enjoy your posts ... I have no problem with you ..

I have insulted no one. I have not 'jumped' on any members. I find this forum very interesting. Why are you always annoyed with me? I have been on these forums for quite some time and you never used to get this annoyed with me.

My comment about Villeneuve was perfectly valid.
    I'm not annoyed at you. It's just that nearly every post I read of yours on this thread is criticizing either the thread or the participants. You just did it again in your last post and then in the first one you made on this thread earlier today. I'm just curious as to why you have to come here and take shots at members (which is what you're doing indirectly when you criticize a thread and the conversation on it, since a thread is made up of its participants)?

I personally would much rather see you participate and give your own opinion on where you think the franchise should be headed.

I'm really not annoyed at you, just offering a friendly suggestion since it's you who seem to be annoyed at the thread. If I misread that, then I apologize.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 1,031

My comment about Villeneuve was perfectly valid.
    I'm not annoyed at you. It's just that nearly every post I read of yours on this thread is criticizing either the thread or the participants. You just did it again in your last post and then in the first one you made on this thread earlier today. I'm just curious as to why you have to come here and take shots at members (which is what you're doing indirectly when you criticize a thread, since a thread is made up of its participants)?

I personally would much rather see you participate and give your own opinion on where you think the franchise should be headed.

I'm really not annoyed at you, just offering a friendly suggestion since it's you who seem to be annoyed at the thread. If I misread that, then I apologize.

Thank you, yes I have criticised. That's part of a discussion it involves criticism. But if that's not allowed I'll quite happily leave ... not comment ..

I have never insulted anyone though ...

I am not annoyed at the thread at all ....

I've made a few comments here and there. I don't spend too much time on here, if that's a problem then I can refrain from making the occasional passing comment ... I'm not one of these people that spends all their days on an internet forum ... I drop in and out .. if casual use is a problem I can stop coming here ...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    And breathe...
    I wonder how close Warner Bros are to getting the distribution on BOND25...this is what's holding most things up at the moment.