No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

vzok wrote: »
    What's the MGM hold up?

Distribution - they currently have no distribution deal.
    Wouldn't make sense, that its DC. Seems they have some sort of idea with buying the helicopter and sorty and that means, THEY know, where they are with him.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    What's the MGM hold up?

I assume MGM do not have enough clout to distribute it themselves then?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    What's the MGM hold up?

It would seem that they don't but with no deal forthcoming maybe they are just going to distribute it themselves.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    What's the MGM hold up?

It would seem that they don't but with no deal forthcoming maybe they are just going to distribute it themselves.
    Which could suggest a more focused and stripped down production with far less bloat, which would be most welcome.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Is this why EON want to shoot in Dubrovnik

http://www.dubrovnikcablecar.com/img/about-cable-car-dubrovnik.jpg ???

Mr Hinx and Bond on top of a carriage a tip of the hat to Moonraker ??

:D
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yes, and the Bond girl in question screaming, "Hold on, James!!!" with Daniel answering, "The thought had occurred to me."
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Yes, and the Bond girl in question screaming, "Hold on, James!!!" with Daniel answering, "The thought had occurred to me."
    One of the great moments. Love it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    "Hang on, James."

(Instantly tranquilizes to sleep)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Is this why EON want to shoot in Dubrovnik

http://www.dubrovnikcablecar.com/img/about-cable-car-dubrovnik.jpg ???

Mr Hinx and Bond on top of a carriage a tip of the hat to Moonraker ??

:D

I think Hinx should return, now mute because of Bond; This location could be the backdrop for an epic fight.
    If he does return he should remain a villain and not go the route of Jaws.

• //I assume MGM do not have enough clout to distribute it themselves then? //

When MGM emerged from bankruptcy in 2010, it came out a smaller company with no distribution operation. It has to cut deals with other studios to release MGM films: Sony for Bond and Magnificent Seven remake, Paramount for Ben Hur remake, Warner Bros. for some, etc., etc.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2017 Posts: 4,416
    Of course not. Bond fall in to house in a beath between a woman and then her husband comes back and that be Hinx. He get him and trow him out of a window in a to pool. :))
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Of course not. Bond fall in to house in a beath between a woman and then her husband comes back and that be Hinx. :))
    =))
    At least we know this much - the tradition of most Bond films featuring a helicopter is going to continue - only DN and TMWTGG don't feature a helicopter.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The hubbub seems to be ramping up somewhat. I'm starting to nervously get excited.
    At least we know this much - the tradition of most Bond films featuring a helicopter is going to continue - only DN and TMWTGG don't feature a helicopter.

Very true..thats an overwhelming amount of helicopter usage..

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,755
    I would love to see that cable car used for an epic sequence. Perhaps a fight scene on top, or if anyone remembers the game Nightfire, a helicopter trying to shoot down the cable car while James is inside shooting back at said helicopter. Would be quite memorable.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I would love to see that cable car used for an epic sequence. Perhaps a fight scene on top, or if anyone remembers the game Nightfire, a helicopter trying to shoot down the cable car while James is inside shooting back at said helicopter. Would be quite memorable.

A tough seen to do live without CGI but i like the idea !

Sir, you've got my attention!

How I wish Nightfire would get a remaster in HD for current gen...

I'm all for the DB5 remaining as Bond's personal car and the DB11 being 007's work vehicle, fully loaded for field work. Aston Martin is the equivalent of the cinematic Bond's Batmobile, no sleight to Lotus, BMW, or Bentley.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,425
    bondjames wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think Arnold is far better than the one off's and especially Newman.
    It seems some feel that way. I don't and I can assure you that period between 1997 and 2002 was a miserable time for me, because like you I think the score is very important to a Bond film. I couldn't believe what we were being served during that time. I admit he really upped his game for the last two.

Yes I've never really understood that. His approach seemed to change dramatically with CR and QoS. Like we got a different composer

With a few exceptions his Brosnan era work was pretty lame. And then he really upped his game.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    From what I remember Arnold was either instructed of decided not to rely on established "Bond music" Bond is not yet the established agent we had come to know; the score for CR was to reflect that. There are hints of the classic sound but it's subtle. Being pushed out of his comfort zone produced spectacular results.
    As I've stated If he were to return, I think the results would be far more satisfying than what we've had for the last two films.
    It couldn't be much worse
    I'm inclined to agree, but I still think it's time for a new chap to take the reins and deliver something different and dynamic. There are so many decent composers out there who would love a piece of Bond. It's a premier gig. I really don't see Arnold being asked back again. It's been a long while and EON has a taste for the big names now.
    I think the PTS of Bond 25 will be the escape of Blofeld.
    Muddyw wrote: »
    I think the PTS of Bond 25 will be the escape of Blofeld.

Ehh I hope not. I want to see how he escapes, how it's done etc.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    going off of what you guys were saying above I would like if they did more classic bond quotes like at the end of SPECTRE in the db5 he could have said we have all the time in the world or something like that.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    going off of what you guys were saying above I would like if they did more classic bond quotes like at the end of SPECTRE in the db5 he could have said we have all the time in the world or something like that.

Yep, don't know why they left that line out.
  • RC7RC7

Yep, don't know why they left that line out.

I'm glad they did. A clumsy riff on a masterpiece.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Me too. That's one thing I'm glad they left out. OHMSS, SP isn't but it's still fun.