No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I dont fancy Oldman as Blofeld,but certainly as a stand-alone villain in a film...interesting hits there @QuantumOrganisation... do we finally have movement ? ..if so,then end of 2018 is looking a possible option...
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    All the articles I have seen have pointed to 2018.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people on here feel SPECTRE was a worthy conclusion to Craig's era as 007. I respectfully disagree for many reasons. Maybe the biggest reason is because I'm biased, and I love Craig as 007. But honestly, as much as I enjoyed SPECTRE the entire film was a little underwhelming to be a conclusion to Craig's story, especially the finale. The film's conclusion sets up the perfect story for a sequel. The way Blofeld stares at Bond as he walks away on the bridge says it all...

I was on pins and needles watching that scene, waiting for Blofeld to strike! In fact, I still get that feeling every time I rewatch it! Bond 25 needs to pick up on this, take elements from the YOLT novel and be called Shatterhand!

I am feeling a LITTLE more hopeful,be it Craigbond or not...but if it is late 2018 then they will have to rush another actor in quick,so its looking like a 5th Craigbond ,which would be brilliant !!
    I think 2018 is definitely doable
  • RC7RC7
    What people on here have to understand is that we get the slithers of bullshit first, because we're always looking - so when that slither of bullshit is picked up by a random internet site it's still the same slither of bullshit, just with a veneer of credibility. In other words, nothing is legitimised and if it is we'll hear it here first.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    The combo of the omega guy, david oyelowo and This confirms to me Craig and 2018.
    The combo of the omega guy, david oyelowo and This confirms to me Craig and 2018.

What do you mean ?

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Does anyone think that perhaps while filming the Heineken beer advertisement for Spectre they may have started shooting some footage for Bond 25?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Does anyone think that perhaps while filming the Heineken beer advertisement for Spectre they may have started shooting some footage for Bond 25?
    No, definitely not.
    jake24 wrote: »
    No, definitely not.
    I didn't think it was that realistic but thought I would ask.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Oldman would have been perfect for Max Denbigh, not the version that P&W had in the film though.

I would have had him round Mallory's age and he would have been from his past, possibly his Hereford days, Denbigh wouldn't have been an obvious villain, well maybe to the audience but certainly not to Mallory.

Mallory would have been taken in by it all until it was too late and then Bond would have saved the day, a perfect way for him and his new M to learn to trust each other. I would have also bought back Guy Haines, if you are going to do this tying together business might as well do it proper and not some foster brother and ring scanning nonsense.

M would have realised the value of Bond and Bond in knowing M valued him would by the end grow respect for him because of it.

The next film they might have got a bit spiky but there would be mutual respect with each other just like Bernard Lee's M.

If it wasn't Oldman, then possibly Mark Strong, Christopher Eccleston or Jason Issacs. Having that mounstache twirling whipper snapper Scott in that role was one of the films many mistakes and making him obvious to Mallory was rubbish as well.

Anyone could have made that film better that's the real tragedy of it and also P&W had the tools, hell most of it was there idea already just retooled differently it could have been so much better.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    A major selling point of the new movie Logan is the assertion that it will be the last time that Hugh Jackman will be playing The Wolverine. If Craig is returning for 25 and he knows it's his last go as Bond, should that be highlighted?
    talos7 wrote: »
    A major selling point of the new movie Logan is the assertion that it will be the last time that Hugh Jackman will be playing The Wolverine. If Craig is returning for 25 and he knows it's his last go as Bond, should that be highlighted?
    I would like to see that happen. Daniel is a fan favourite amount more casual bond fans as well as many of the fans on this forum. I believe it would bring in Skyfall type hype and revenues which would ensure Bond lasts long beyond Craig.

Yes.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Didn't we already get this last time though? Wrist slasher preceded SP's release.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Didn't we already get this last time though? Wrist slasher preceded SP's release.
    I suppose that brought attention to the film but may have discouraged some instead of being the "all news is free advertising".
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    JET007 wrote: »

Yes.
    +1
    I suppose that brought attention to the film but may have discouraged some instead of being the "all news is free advertising".
    That's a fair point.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

This is what I want to happen. One can only hope.

There are probably more buzz-n-hype friendly ways to promote B25 as Craig's last than saying "Daniel is going to slash his wrists if he has to do another."
    True enough, but I think that card has already been used, even if inappropriately and unintentionally.
  • It could be about Bond returning to the service and retraining with other 00 recruits, gradually getting his mojo back. In the end, Bond clearly orders a "Vodka martini, shaken not stirred" while the James Bond theme proper blares during an actual scene for the first time in a couple decades. Then M unveils a refurbished DB5 and says, "We've been expecting you, Mr. Bond." Cut to gunbarrel.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

I would like to see that happen. Daniel is a fan favourite amount more casual bond fans as well as many of the fans on this forum. I believe it would bring in Skyfall type hype and revenues which would ensure Bond lasts long beyond Craig.

This is a foregone conclusion.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It would be nice to know going into a film that it was Craig's last, as the story could service a grand conclusion instead of only hinting at one. He is also the kind of man to know what he wants, and his assurance could lead to that information being released ahead of production. He's very vocal about his contract and how many he's up for when asked.
    It could be about Bond returning to the service and retraining with other 00 recruits, gradually getting his mojo back. In the end, Bond clearly orders a "Vodka martini, shaken not stirred" while the James Bond theme proper blares during an actual scene for the first time in a couple decades. Then M unveils a refurbished DB5 and says, "We've been expecting you, Mr. Bond." Cut to gunbarrel.

Excuse me, think I just j***** in my pants. (Am I allowed to say that on here?) Oh well.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    It could be about Bond returning to the service and retraining with other 00 recruits, gradually getting his mojo back. In the end, Bond clearly orders a "Vodka martini, shaken not stirred" while the James Bond theme proper blares during an actual scene for the first time in a couple decades. Then M unveils a refurbished DB5 and says, "We've been expecting you, Mr. Bond." Cut to gunbarrel.

Excuse me, think I just j***** in my pants. (Am I allowed to say that on here?) Oh well.
    That's called Bond-gasm. Lots of fans have that (myself included). ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Okay so first i would like to say, that I'm just a regular dumb teenager who wants everything to be rated R but, James Bond should fall into a grey area between pg 13 and R but it sticks to pg13 which I think is a good think but wouldn't it be cool if on the blu ray we got uncut full extended editions of all the bond films maybe with the next bond collection release and then with the future movies.

If your in England replace pg13 and R with 12 and 15
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I wonder why the tabloids all of a sudden know cameras will roll on bond 25 the end of this year yahoo UK movies started it now its a domino effect
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,755
    I'm still standing by the fact that the most concrete news we've received thus far is that interview with David Oyelowo. Even though he didn't come right out and say "Daniel Craig is returning", he might as well have with such a heavy implication. I've re-watched that video numerous times and his body language, tone of voice, and confidence screams that he is clearly in the know. Hell, who knows... Maybe Craig recruited him to play a supporting role in the film.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,601
    Or this. See for yourself, how and if that is telling. I suppose, its more likely for one of his other films.
    That's Wendell Brown, Esquire senior fashion editor. Maybe an articler or cover?