No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited October 2016 Posts: 2,494
    talos7 wrote: »
    Concerning Bond, from the above article.
    " The biggest question, of course, is the James Bond series, Sony’s rights to which have expired. Rothman flatly declined to describe the studio’s posture toward Bond, saying that discussion would be premature. But it is clear that Sony, having prospered in partnership with Eon Productions, MGM and others with films like Skyfall and Spectre, will join the bidding for the next round of Bonds and likely will point to its Wanda alliance as an example of new strength it can bring to the table."

I assume this means DC wont be saying much at all about Bond at the event. Or simply stating no deal has been reached.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Kostas_P wrote: »
    Sorry to break it for you, but could someone tell briefly about the latest news (if there are any) we have for the next Bond, or any interesting info? I've been away too long and it seems so painful to search now, thanks.

It's been a whole lot of nothing outside "source confirmations" and rumors. Daniel Craig has an event titled 'Beyond Bond' tomorrow, where some of us are hoping to get a confirmation regarding whether or not he'll do a fifth film - seems odd to title it 'Bond' if they have no intention of asking him about the future of the series.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Sorry to break it for you, but could someone tell briefly about the latest news (if there are any) we have for the next Bond, or any interesting info? I've been away too long and it seems so painful to search now, thanks.

It's been a whole lot of nothing outside "source confirmations" and rumors. Daniel Craig has an event titled 'Beyond Bond' tomorrow, where some of us are hoping to get a confirmation regarding whether or not he'll do a fifth film - seems odd to title it 'Bond' if they have no intention of asking him about the future of the series.

Thanks a lot, I was having health issues and I could not follow any news in any subject. I do hope Graig continues as Bond, but let's find out tomorrow then.

• edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's my thinking as well @Creasy47 ....the little glimmer of hope that we have of him making a decision is the word 'Bond'...we need something,we've already had 1 year !

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Kostas_P The first page of this thread includes a timeline of Bond 25 news so far.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    With the state of MGM I doubt no one knows anything at all. I don't think anything is coming out of tomorrow.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That's all she seems interested in doing these days. Producing other stuff.
    Someone has to prove the others that they have accomplishments other than the Bond stuff on their résumés.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Someone has to prove the others that they have accomplishments other than the Bond stuff on their résumés.

Yeah cos obviously you've worked your up from nothing to be a producer in your own right luv. Not at all like you won the producing lottery by being born Cubby's daughter is it?

Yeah cos obviously you've worked your up from nothing to be a producer in your own right luv. Not at all like you won the producing lottery by being born Cubby's daughter is it?
    Some have all the luck, what can I say?

Yep. Pretty sure I could've been a decent Bond producer if I'd also been born with the silver EON spoon in my mouth.

Yep. Pretty sure I could've been a decent Bond producer if I'd also been born with the silver EON spoon in my mouth.
    Well, someone has to carry on with the family business. One just have to be decent at it, which is why, if it were a free world, you would have been given the vote, Wiz. ;)
    Nah,Wizard wouldn't be a good producer,he is too much of a grumpy git.... ;))
    Sometimes, perfections do require the mind of the grump.

Well, someone has to carry on with the family business. One just have to be decent at it, which is why, if it were a free world, you would have been given the vote, Wiz. ;)

In a Wizard ruled world I'm afraid there are no votes. I would have to impose a dictatorship. Reluctantly but for the good of society as I know best.

Anyway we really shouldnt risk going off topic today given the Nikki thread finally expired after its brave struggle with totalitarianism; it would be a shame after 441 pages of on topic comments if this thread also suffered the same fate.
    Anyway we really shouldnt risk going off topic today given the Nikki thread finally expired after its brave struggle with totalitarianism; it would be a shame after 441 pages of on topic comments if this thread also suffered the same fate.

Has this thread ever been on topic ?!

In a Wizard ruled world I'm afraid there are no votes. I would have to impose a dictatorship. Reluctantly but for the good of society as I know best.
    World domination at best!
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    barryt007 wrote: »

Oh how I have missed you all. =))
    Like I Said, no life stream and Beyond Bond to ne means - stuff apart from Bond.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,117

Apparently pretty much every single post has been bang on topic otherwise this thread would surely have been closed down too wouldnt it?
    That's a question I cant answer,alas.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Like I Said, no life stream and Beyond Bond to ne means - stuff apart from Bond.
    I posted that on previous page. It also won't even be taped, which I find bizarre.

Take whatever beef you have with the mods someplace else. K?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    jake24 wrote: »
    I posted that on previous page. It also won't even be taped, which I find bizarre.

Are any of the other events being taped or live streamed?

Red_Snow wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Are any of the other events being taped or live streamed?
    I'm not sure about that.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Do we even know what time this thing starts tomorrow?
    If Craig doesn't mention anything worthwhile tomorrow (and I don't think he will) then we will truly be in limbo ,with nothing at all to report.
    They taped the Bond related Interviews, of course. Bit apart from that, I am not sure, how its done
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Do we even know what time this thing starts tomorrow?

@DonnyDB5, 10PM eastern standard time, judging by the release. So we won't really know what is revealed, if anything, until the 8th, if the tweeters aren't quick to the job.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2016 Posts: 2,138
    If Craig doesn't mention anything worthwhile tomorrow (and I don't think he will) then we will truly be in limbo ,with nothing at all to report.

I expect more of the coy responses. Anything about Bond will be "Look I have said before, I love making these films, but it's exhausting and it consumes you. I am working on other things. I might, I might not. I don't want to think about it right now".

But then again they could land a bomb shell and confirm he is returning, people mistake his comments for arrogance, I think just think he plays the PR game with the money men very well.
  • Craig's Othello co-star talks audience appetite for black actor to play Bond; throws hat into ring
    http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/david-oyelowo-on-the-next-james-bond-being-black-the-audience-is-ready-for-it-100616
    image.jpg

I was just thinking the conversation was getting a little stale in here ahead of tomorrow's potential newsbreak....so let's roll out that old 'should we have a black Bond debate?' Weeeeeeee.

Personally, I'm of the persuasion that there is an audience appetite for it. In fact, I imagine a large portion of media pundits and general audience members would be disappointed if another middle-aged white guy takes the part.

The only problem is that if a black actor was sought it would be hailed as a gimmick and seen as a cynical attempt at progressivism. Additionally, there is an issue of alienating the core fan-base and angering internet trolls who can contribute hugely in producing negative PR and, subsequently, damage the film (just look at the whole female Ghostbusters debacle and then see that film's grosses).

However, if there is a great actor out there who happens to be black, he should be as much on the ticket as any suitable white actor. I personally don't think skin colour matters, maybe Bond's race was important in the 60's, but there is no reason why Daniel Craig's Bond couldn't have been played by a black actor. It's not really a defining aspect of the character anymore. In fact, numerous black people belong to the gentry and elite classes of which Fleming placed Bond.

Why can't Bond be played by a black actor? Especially if the producers could get someone as talented as Elba or Ejiofer? I'd sooner that then some talentless shlock like Cavill.

Idris screams Bond regardless of race.

He's masculine, he's suave, he's intimidating, he's sexy, he's got charisma, he's a good actor. Done.

idris-elba-suit.png?w=206&h=300
    idris%2Belba%2B25.png