No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ever notice that 40% of the off topic chatter are comments like, "can we please get back on topic?" It's ironic, isn't it?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Guys, guys, let's calm down here.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Ever notice that 40% of the off topic chatter are comments like, "can we please get back on topic?" It's ironic, isn't it?
    I cant work out if thats a sarcastic comment or not...

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm not quite sure what I was going for either, to be honest.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I cant work out if thats a sarcastic comment or not...
    It is, mate. Jake's not the kind of chap to provoke controversy.
    Whatever...moving on....
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I might just pull a Craig and slash my wrists if this thread explodes into 50 pages of the black Bond debate. Can we not, everyone? Can we rise above the temptation, just this once?
    He's masculine, he's suave, he's intimidating, he's sexy, he's got charisma, he's a good actor. Done.

He's too freaking old. Done.

The age argument doesn't work. He's around Craig's age.

Except Craig has already done four Bond movies, whereas Elba hasn't.

Going by your logic Clint Eastwood should have played Bond in Octopussy because, you know, he was around Moore's age.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Walecs wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I might just pull a Craig and slash my wrists if this thread explodes into 50 pages of the black Bond debate. Can we not, everyone? Can we rise above the temptation, just this once?
    He's masculine, he's suave, he's intimidating, he's sexy, he's got charisma, he's a good actor. Done.

He's too freaking old. Done.

The age argument doesn't work. He's around Craig's age.

Except Craig has already done four Bond movies, whereas Elba hasn't.

Going by your logic Clint Eastwood should have played Bond in Octopussy because, you know, he was around Moore's age.

What on Earth are you yapping about? If they want Elba regardless of age then they'll hire him. If they want Craig regardless of age they'll hire him if he wants it.

You're babbling about ages and missed the point. Just saying I doubt age would keep EoN from hiring Elba if they want him.

So tomorrow is the day. Let's hope we get some good news on Craig's future with Bond
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I think tomorrow will be a non event and we will get (much ado about) nothing.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    @ClarkDevlin
    @barryt007

I wasn't trying to provoke controversy in the slightest, nor was that comment directed towards either of you. But I fear this thread has completely lost its meaning as a simple medium of which to speculate about Bond 25 and to keep a tab on its production. Somehow however, it gets filled with ridiculous comments on a daily basis followed by requests to get back on topic, and thus the cycle repeats. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how we've gotten to 443 pages. Hopefully a steady stream of news from here on out will dilute the issue, perhaps starting from tomorrow.

Now, let's get back on topic, shall we? :)
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    I'm actually amazed this thread hasnt been closed and a new one opened,ready for comments tomorrow,after the interview,its basically 443 pages of crap haha !
    I'm actually amazed this thread hasnt been closed and a new one opened,ready for comments tomorrow,after the interview,its basically 443 pages of crap haha !
    If this thread closed and another one opened we would have the exact same outcome.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Prep for server overload.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Murdock wrote: »
    Prep for server overload.
    I remember when that happened during the Spectre announcement. Good times indeed.
    If this thread closed and another one opened we would have the exact same outcome.

Not at the start,at least it would be salvageable at the start,thanks to the interview !

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Quite, given Benny's itchy trigger finger today. Some threads are lucky and some ain't when it comes to being closed for veering off topic it seems.
    I think tomorrow will be a non event and we will get (much ado about) nothing.

I think this is the best summary of how events will pan out. I really hope people aren't getting too excited about tomorrow's impending dampest of squibs.

In this day and age who doesn't film a high profile interview with a big movie star and stick it on the Internet? What have they got to hide? Are journalists going to be allowed in or is it just Dan and the interviewer locked in an airtight room? It's all rather odd.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Hate to state the obvious but we all know as soon as news comes we will all gravitate back to topic. We just have nothing new to talk about.

And just a thought but we may not have anything until the distribution question is answered.

I'm not expecting much for tomorrow; I'd be shocked if we got any concrete answers about Craig staying or leaving. I have a feeling it'll be a long while before we get more big Bond news.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't think any of us expect any conclusive Bond 25 production announcements tomorrow. What we could very well find out, though, something very crucial, is if Craig is interested in doing another Bond, which is a question that hasn't been crystallized yet. Just knowing if Bond is still on his mind post SP is enough for me, as it's a near guarantee of his involvement in Bond 25.

Plus it'll shut up the tabloid rags peddling all these actors and the bookies throwing bets their way, which are all things I can't wait to see in the rearview.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,755
    Agreed. I for one am not looking for any major Bond 25 news. I'm just hoping to hear whether or not Craig is still game to play the role one last time.
    Same here..that at least will give some direction to go on ,if he justs says yay or nay about the role...and he should,its a whole year now,he has had his time to think or milk it or whatever.
    Yes if anything we might or at least I hope we get that ...and to shut up the tabloids would be very welcome.
    Hello :)

G'day matey.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Agreed. I for one am not looking for any major Bond 25 news. I'm just hoping to hear whether or not Craig is still game to play the role one last time.

That's certainly all I'm looking for, and as it has indeed been a year since SP and Dan's six month quiet window, I don't think it's asking much at all.

I expect hearing something along the lines of, "If the script is good, I'm game, but we're not quite there yet."
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

That's certainly all I'm looking for, and as it has indeed been a year since SP and Dan's six month quiet window, I don't think it's asking much at all.

I expect hearing something along the lines of, "If the script is good, I'm game, but we're not quite there yet."
    I think that's an incredibly likely scenario.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    I think people assume a bit much when they think, the cast or producers of Spectre were not satisfied with the result.
    I'm pretty sure they all are proud of the job they have done. The success of Spectre proves that the film was a success on all levels.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    You cant help but be impressed by the explosion of the Spectre base ...to think they had one shot at that and it worked first time,no CGI,was a feat in itself.
    Personally i enjoyed SP big time,and you can tear any Bond film to pieces at the end of the day - esp somethinglike MR for example.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    David Oyelowo and Daniel Craig are doing Othello, with Babs as one of the producers. David recently has stated that the world is ready for a black 007, and he throws his hat in the ring (does he know something we don't?).

I expect that during tomorrow evening's event, DC will have two special guests: Babs, to assist him in introducing the new 007, David Oyelowo.

(I'm being facetious, but with the push for "diversity", for the sake of being "diverse", I could actually see something like this happening, and all involved as being progressive, and celebrated as being risky in breaking the mold).