No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    "A black actor to play Bond". Keep categorizing it. We might get somewhere with it.

What about casting a "white actor" to play Barney Collier? Surely he wasn't created to be "black" as opposed to the Shaft argument when he's "created to be black" so he's untouchable. But, don't worry, the media will cry racism if a white actor is cast in a role originally played by a black actor (which wasn't originally created to be black, but Scandinavian, instead... Barney Collier that is).
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,152
    I find @Mendes4Lyfe 's passion for a certain actor commendable.

Some of you (or should I say one) is at least as passionate if not obsessed with Craig and any criticism seems forbidden.

Anyway, I rather have 10 @Mendes4Lyfe anytime of the day who are positive about something than one of those always negative, criticising, nitpicking grump.

And just for the record, since re-watching an episode of Being Human and the pilot to Poldark earlier today, Aidan Turner is now my No 1 too for the next Bond. Sorry Dan Stevens...

Mirroring Sean Connery here. Perfect.
    full.jpg

Thank you. :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    58569113949023fc7f343e5597126d6ef01615fa208605df3d4413cc57db6279.jpg
  • I might just pull a Craig and slash my wrists if this thread explodes into 50 pages of the black Bond debate. Can we not, everyone? Can we rise above the temptation, just this once?
    He's masculine, he's suave, he's intimidating, he's sexy, he's got charisma, he's a good actor. Done.

He's too freaking old. Done.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Please don't start that debate again, it always ends up with someone being accused a raciest.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I might just pull a Craig and slash my wrists if this thread explodes into 50 pages of the black Bond debate. Can we not, everyone? Can we rise above the temptation, just this once?
    He's masculine, he's suave, he's intimidating, he's sexy, he's got charisma, he's a good actor. Done.

The age argument doesn't work. He's around Craig's age and gaining popularity.

Plus like voting for Hillary it's politically correct.
    I'd like to have some assurance that there is actually something going on regarding Bond as opposed to my pessimistic hunch that B25 is nowhere near even commencing development. I 'd LOVE to be proven wrong on that.
    As far as I'm concerned we are still (just) on track for 2018 if Craig is on board. I do feel, if this trend of Eon not seeming motivated to get things rolling continues, as successful as SF and SP were, there's a chance they may close up shop altogether in the not too distant future. With the "there's no rush" attitude coming from MGM to secure a distribution deal, and the now expected delays of 3-4 years, it doesn't exactly bestow confidence that much of a future is planned for Bond other than, oh, there'll be another film at some point.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    I might just pull a Craig and slash my wrists if this thread explodes into 50 pages of the black Bond debate. Can we not, everyone? Can we rise above the temptation, just this once?

How exactly does that not work? You're going to hire someone the same age as Craig to take over the role now that Craig's just about too old for the role? Sir Ian McKellan is popular, too. Maybe he'd like to do some stretches and throw his hat in the ring.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Cumberbatch lines himself up to take over James Bond role

Obsessed He said: “I think people are obsessed with other people being Bond at the moment, so the heat’s off me.”

Benedict says he has always wanted to play the MI6 icon.

He explained: “I can wear a suit and I can fight. I can raise my eyebrow, but that’s not what it takes to play Bond.

“They might want to go in very different directions, who knows? It would be fun though.”

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: “Benedict’s probably gone under the radar as Sherlock’s too similar a role to Bond.

However, he could be on to something as Daniel Craig was considered an outsider before landing the role.

“So he might not have to wait too long before his odds are slashed at a rate of knots.”

mcdonbb wrote: »

How exactly does that not work? You're going to hire someone the same age as Craig to take over the role now that Craig's just about too old for the role? Sir Ian McKellan is popular, too. Maybe he'd like to do some stretches and throw his hat in the ring.

Because if there is a push that EoN responds to or is actually game for then why wouldn't they? Other than here no one advocating Elba is ruling him out because of age.

That's just a way out to avoid casting him and not being labeled a racist.

I personally don't want Elba or Turner or anybody from Game of Thorns or Marvel or America or Canada.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Sir Ian McKellan is popular, too. Maybe he'd like to do some stretches and throw his hat in the ring.

Oh dear. From black Bond to gay Bond. Just need someone to throw Gillian Anderson's name in there now and the list is complete.
    Sir Ian McKellan is popular, too. Maybe he'd like to do some stretches and throw his hat in the ring.

Oh dear. From black Bond to gay Bond. Just need someone to throw Gillian Anderson's name in there now and the list is complete.
    I'd like to add Marvin The Martian as a Bond candidate, too, then.
    Psst @ClarkDevlin Marvin is too short. (See I didn't say cuz he's black.)
    It's time for an Italian Bond! =))
    oGASsOtm.jpg
    Are you discriminating against the short people, @mcdonbb? Should I lift up a lawsuit?
    Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif
    Are you discriminating against the short people, @mcdonbb? Should I lift up a lawsuit?
    Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

It's legal ...I'm short.

And @Murdock I guess that makes Luigi Blofeld :P ...brothergate reference.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

It's legal ...I'm short.
    Then, why not cast Peter Dinklage as Bond? and Verne Troyer (aka Mini-Me) as Blofeld?
  • @Pierce2Daniel

Bond is white. PERIOD.

If they ever choose a non white Bond, I will leave with the millions of others and laugh as it fails.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Please, not this again. We've done this before and we all know how it's going to end. Yes, Idris is a good actor with charisma but he's too old. Bond is white, period. Now, moving on...
    Seriously, why aren't minority actors trying to encourage diversity among screen and stage writing!? Petitioning to play literary characters whose physically description is clearly describe by the author is no way to solve this diversity issue. If anything, do it wrong, and it could be a major set back for any progress that has been made.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The only solution Hollywood and the like have to solve this "diversity" issue is to take established brands and makes those characters change to fit whatever minority is crying out. You see this with women in film too, the recent Ghostbusters being a prime example.

Instead of creating interesting new characters for these actors and actresses of a certain gender or race to embody, they've got to be pigeon-holed into characters and worlds that've already been defined by others and had their day. Then Hollywood wonders why they don't succeed.

But we're not in a move industry that bothers with taking risks anymore, evidenced by how little anything original is given a chance.
    Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

It's legal ...I'm short.
    Then, why not cast Peter Dinklage as Bond? and Verne Troyer (aka Mini-Me) as Blofeld?

Because Dinklage is too old ....duh!!
    Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

It's legal ...I'm short.

Isn't that a discrimination against the old people?

=))
    This thread is being discriminating towards trains given how derailed it's become. :))
    Murdock wrote: »
    This thread is being discriminating towards trains given how derailed it's become. :))
    The post of the week! :))
    Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

It's legal ...I'm short.

Isn't that a discrimination against the old people?

=))

Just the short ones :D
  • mcdonbb wrote: »

Because if there is a push that EoN responds to or is actually game for then why wouldn't they? Other than here no one advocating Elba is ruling him out because of age.

That's just a way out to avoid casting him and not being labeled a racist.

I personally don't want Elba or Turner or anybody from Game of Thorns or Marvel or America or Canada.

It's actually just common sense, but okay if you say so.
    The only solution Hollywood and the like have to solve this "diversity" issue is to take established brands and makes those characters change to fit whatever minority is crying out. You see this with women in film too, the recent Ghostbusters being a prime example.

Instead of creating interesting new characters for these actors and actresses of a certain gender or race to embody, they've got to be pigeon-holed into characters and worlds that've already been defined by others and had their day. Then Hollywood wonders why they don't succeed.

But we're not in a move industry that bothers with taking risks anymore, evidenced by how little anything original is given a chance.

Given the drama surrounding 'Ghostbusters', I can't understand the thinking behind 'Oceans Eight'. Did they hold a pray circle and hope a similar shit storm wont errupt around the film?

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It has Blanchett, Hathaway, Bullock, Bonham Carter & potentially Sarah Paulson.

This is a big step up from Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones.

So there is hope, even if it's slim.
    Shall we get back on topic ,if there ever was one,before this turns nasty and all bloody PC ??!! ....Right,Craig's interview tomorrow...next comment ?!