No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    jake24 wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Agreed. I for one am not looking for any major Bond 25 news. I'm just hoping to hear whether or not Craig is still game to play the role one last time.

That's certainly all I'm looking for, and as it has indeed been a year since SP and Dan's six month quiet window, I don't think it's asking much at all.

I expect hearing something along the lines of, "If the script is good, I'm game, but we're not quite there yet."
    I think that's an incredibly likely scenario.

I don't even think we're get that. I don't think anything is financed yet ..MGM seems uninterested or at least not thinking about Bond. So who is paying the writer? EoN maybe ....the younger Wilson did hint that they were pondering where to next.

All I expect is no comment or wait and see maybe ...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    David Oyelowo is a wonderful actor and yes he could play Bond.
    But then why not cast Emma Watson as Bond, she would be wonderful too.
    Or Rowan Atkinson.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Wouldn't the announcement of Craig's return be done through EON?
    Thats what i wondered,but then he is a member of the production team now so he may have discussed it with them already and been given the green light...we can but hope !

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    An official announcement would be done through EON. But I think Brosnan announced his departure before any official press release, so you never know. Obviously these are very different times.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    peter wrote: »
    David Oyelowo and Daniel Craig are doing Othello, with Babs as one of the producers. David recently has stated that the world is ready for a black 007, and he throws his hat in the ring (does he know something we don't?).

I expect that during tomorrow evening's event, DC will have two special guests: Babs, to assist him in introducing the new 007, David Oyelowo.

(I'm being facetious, but with the push for "diversity", for the sake of being "diverse", I could actually see something like this happening, and all involved as being progressive, and celebrated as being risky in breaking the mold).

Well David Oyelowo did do the 'Trigger Mortis' audiobook. So, there is also that connection.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Haven't we been through this whole diversity thing a million times already? You do not change the race of an iconic character such as Bond it's as simple as that. If they want to cast an actor of African descent then they should make it that individual's own role. Cast him as a 008 or 009, but not 007.
    Give Bond to black actor and start a new franchise with white John Shaft. That way everyone csn be happy. And make him british.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 19,339
    Oh bloody hell not again....
    Look im sure there is an old 'black Bond' thread on here,in fact i know there is,i probably brought it over on my massive attempt to save all the old KTBEU threads...use that and leave this to what it is supposed to be,and then people who arnt interested in the idea of a black Bond ,all 99.9% of us ,can concentrate on what Dan is going to say tomorrow.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2016 Posts: 11,139
    a7c58acc2569c357a0ebee46b467ffad.gif

maxresdefault.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Look im sure there is an old 'black Bond' thread on here,in fact i know there is,i probably brought it over on my massive attempt to save all the old KTBEU threads...use that and leave this to what it is supposed to be,and then people who arnt interested in the idea of a black Bond ,all 99.9% of us ,can concentrate on what Dan is going to say tomorrow.

All those threads end up getting closed, and for good reason. This sort of thing never ends well.
  • RC7RC7
    David Oyelowo and Daniel Craig are doing Othello, with Babs as one of the producers. David recently has stated that the world is ready for a black 007, and he throws his hat in the ring (does he know something we don't?).

I expect that during tomorrow evening's event, DC will have two special guests: Babs, to assist him in introducing the new 007, David Oyelowo.

(I'm being facetious, but with the push for "diversity", for the sake of being "diverse", I could actually see something like this happening, and all involved as being progressive, and celebrated as being risky in breaking the mold).

The world is 'ready'. As if the idea of a white Bond is born of racism and not just the fact he was written in the (heightened) image of his creator.

All those threads end up getting closed, and for good reason. This sort of thing never ends well.

So you have double checked there isnt one out there ?

So you have double checked there isnt one out there ?
    I mean that if it is there then people who give a rats arse about these things can go there and then it is up to the mods,instead of being spread over other threads that have nothing to do with it ...

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Did the event say there was going to be guests with Daniel? All I heard was just Daniel.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    as I said, I was being facetious.
    An official announcement would be done through EON. But I think Brosnan announced his departure before any official press release, so you never know. Obviously these are very different times.

I wonder if eon will come out with a press released response if Daniel does make his decision tomorrow.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Agreed. I for one am not looking for any major Bond 25 news. I'm just hoping to hear whether or not Craig is still game to play the role one last time.

That's certainly all I'm looking for, and as it has indeed been a year since SP and Dan's six month quiet window, I don't think it's asking much at all.

I expect hearing something along the lines of, "If the script is good, I'm game, but we're not quite there yet."

I don't even think we're get that. I don't think anything is financed yet ..MGM seems uninterested or at least not thinking about Bond. So who is paying the writer? EoN maybe ....the younger Wilson did hint that they were pondering where to next.

They did do one possible locale scouting on a place around Greece I think way back in like January Greg wilson said but I would have relook it up to refresh the brain.

007Blofeld wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »

They did do one possible locale scouting on a place around Greece I think way back in like January Greg wilson said but I would have relook it up to refresh the brain.
    Found it right here and sure enough yes its even on MI6 HQ https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-report-20160223-croatia-dubrovnik-location
    This is quite crucial,as ,if Dan comes back for his 5th film,then the temptation to do one more to equal Connery on 6 is massive,and then a chance to equal Roger on 7 is the same,and then the temptation to pass everyone and do 8 is tempting.

So this is THE moment i feel in DC's reign.
    I hope we have some positive news about Bond around this time tomorrow. Untill then, at least I have Mafia 3 to keep me busy. Hope two good things happen tomorrow.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    At least, the Bond comics are keeping some of us entertained.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    ggl007 wrote: »
    From the same event:

Naomie Harris "cannot wait to get back to work with [the producers]"; restates her desire for Craig to return.

On a side note, Harris seems like one of the most down to earth people in the business.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    From the MI6 Homepage
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/daniel-craig-is-absolutely-the-first-choice-for-bond-25-160930

Daniel Craig is "absolutely the first choice" for Bond 25

Long time series Executive Producer Callum McDougall spoke to BBC Radio 4 today in an interview to mark the 80th anniversary of Pinewood Studios.

Inevitably, talked turned to James Bond, as McDougall has worked on almost every 007 film since 'The Living Daylights'.

He said that Daniel Craig was "Without any question he is absolutely Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli’s first choice" to continue in the role for the 25th James Bond film.

When asked by the BBC who would be the next 007, McDougall said "I wish I knew," but insisted the role was "absolutely" Craig's should he choose to continue. "We love Daniel. We would love Daniel to return as Bond. I know they’re hoping for him to come back.”
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Old news, @Murdock :D. But thank you nonetheless.
    This time the pleasure is yours. =))
    What's interesting about that tidbit is that McDougall's words leave me to believe that Craig still hasn't made a decision.
    Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.
    I'm really trying not to get my hopes up.