Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2015 Posts: 17,691
    dalton wrote: »
    Supposedly they are "reassessing" what went wrong with the film

The only thing wrong with the film is that Jai Courtney is no Michael Biehn.
    chrisisall wrote: »

Hopefully the result of their analysis on the film will lead them to recast the role. Casting-wise, I was OK with everything else, although I would have preferred them bringing back one of the former actors to play John Connor. The events of the film might have had a bit more impact had they done that.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    chrisisall wrote: »

Exactly.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Terminator 6 canceld.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/40944/-spider-man-moved-up-genisys-2-scrapped
    Paramount Pictures has yanked the proposed "Terminator Genisys" sequel from its May 19th 2017 release date, and have slotted in their action-comedy film take on "Baywatch" in that date instead.

The future of the "Terminator" franchise is now uncertain as plans for further franchise installments seem unlikely until the rights revert back to James Cameron in a few years.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This is probably for the best. I have no idea where they can go with this franchise at the moment, without a complete re-imagining of the concept. It's fully 'played out'.

Perhaps Cameron is the only man who can do something with it in the future.
  • M_Balje wrote: »
    Terminator 6 cancelled.
    Aww, well at least TG had sort of an ending- just many unanswered questions... the biggest of all, who sent Pops

What is it with starting stories and not finishing them in this series? I'm looking at you, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Terminator Salvation (technically) and now Terminator Genisys
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That news makes me happy. You know your film sucked if the sequel is being canceled and replaced by a movie version of 'Baywatch.' Tells you all you need to know.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I enjoyed Genisys, but I'm happy the sequels have been dumped. I didn't feel there was enough to carry two more films. Maybe two films in general (Genisys and a sequel) but not two more films. Release the sequel as a six issue comic book, everything's fine with me.
    This is a bummer. Granted, Terminator Genisys wasn't a terrific film by any stretch of the imagination, but it was entertaining enough, and it's always good to see Schwarzenegger back in the role. I really liked him and Emilia Clarke together and was hoping for more of that.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    T:G just didn't make enough money for Paramount or Skydance to fast track a sequel before 2019. The increasingly ludicrous reasons for those sequels to exist didn't help matters.

Minority opinion, but the franchise would probably be better off if it continued along the path set by Salvation.
    Tubes wrote: »
    T:G just didn't make enough money for Paramount or Skydance to fast track a sequel before 2019. The increasingly ludicrous reasons for those sequels to exist didn't help matters.

Minority opinion, but the franchise would probably be better off if it continued along the path set by Salvation.
    I liked Salvation a lot, but the franchise is played out now IMHO. Seeing Arnold in this last one was a kick, but any more would be a violent attack on an expired equine...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,480
    Just watched it on Vudu, wanted to give it a full and fair chance. It's not as bad as I made it out to be from the get-go, but it's still bad. Awfully wooden acting, the characters lack chemistry, and the overusage of CG kills it for me, as usual. The practicality of the first two films was so good: real chases, real explosions, real crashes, real destruction. Just because technology has come such a long way doesn't mean you need to go to a computer for everything effects related.

I do find it funny how just about every movie that releases these days has to come up with an ending or some form of epilogue or mid-credits scene that hints at a sequel, and every now and then, it never pans out. Just noticed this movie tried to pull a fast one on me with some "Oh, you actually didn't destroy the heart of Genisys!" mid-credits scene, and now the sequel has been canceled. Should've focused more on making a solid, long-standing film for the fans instead of only having your mind on the money that didn't come flowing in for this movie and won't be coming in for a sequel.
    Hopefully this is true. Surely they've had time to figure out what they did wrong on the last one (not that it was as bad as many have said) and can tighten things up this go-round. At the very least, I thought he and Emilia Clarke had good on-screen chemistry and I'd like to see them working together again.
    He's done with that- he just doesn't know it yet.
    Go Conan.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think it was inevitable.
    The film made its money back all right but it failed to impress. And I as a T-fan was completely let down by TG. So, let's see.

TT - T2 - Cameron decides he's done with it.
    T3: sort of a reboot, but hit dead end because...
    ... TS recast and restyled and imagined itself to be pt.1 of another series, not pt.4 of the "old" series. Yet it, too, hit dead end.
    And so did The Sarah Connor Chronicles, in favour of TS no less.
    TG: from the looks of it: dead end.

Four attempts to relaunch and revitalise the T-series. Four failures. Even the comics seem to be doing a lot better.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    They'll green light any old shite these days.

I caught the Honest Trailer and that was enough for me.

Are some of you just addicted to watching total crap?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    talos7 wrote: »

I'd rather see a new Conan as well! I've been waiting for it since it was confirmed around the same time Disney bought Star Wars. I think we've been teased long enough, just give us a damn movie, and it better be good!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited March 2016 Posts: 45,489
    How about the Terminator goes way, way back in time and tries to take out Conan who is John Connor s (Hyborian for son of Conan) great great...times sixty thousand...grandfather?

Sadly they did a reboot/remake of Conan. I doubt we'll see him back any time soon either.
    But didn´t The Schwarz himself confirm verbally in interviews that a new Conan is coming?
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 14,835
    boldfinger wrote: »
    But didn´t The Schwarz himself confirm verbally in interviews that a new Conan is coming?

He might have said this, he might even be right, I mean some people might be working on one, but they haven't started shooting yet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ludovico wrote: »

Sadly they did a reboot/remake of Conan. I doubt we'll see him back any time soon either.

That reboot was almost as bad as Red Sonja.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,981
    Forget Terminator I want to see an "Unforgiven" take on Conan. Arnold is in his best shape in years; if it's going to happen it has to be now.

[img][/img]4cd47b7e-c2a2-4480-856d-90e1dca2f2ad_zpshxi9sicd.jpg
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 5,767
    He´s probably waiting some more months so he can buff up a bit ;-).

Damn, it must hurt to work out like that at that age. I pray that all his joints are still fit.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Schwarzie was on the grid for the Formula One race in Australia last weekend. When asked if he'd like to drive an F1 car, he said 'too small, I drive tanks'.
    Man´s got style.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 14,835
    He's simply too old now for Conan, unless they make an elderly King Conan. But what fans have been wanting to see is how he became king. The thing with Conan is that there was one great movie, then a disappointing sequel, then lots of poor man's Conan, then a reboot that was basically the original great movie, the greatness taken away.

And this great Conan movie dating back from 1982, it's a bit a long time ago to make a sequel to it, hoping it will be good and successful.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He's simply too old now for Conan, unless they make an elderly King Conan. But what fans have been wanting to see is how he became king. The thing with Conan is that there was one great movie, then a disappointing sequel, then lots of poor man's Conan, then a reboot that was basically the original great movie, the greatness taken away.

And this great Conan movie dating back from 1982, it's a bit a long time ago to make a sequel to it, hoping it will be good and successful.

I don't agree; he is older, yes, but elderly, not by a long shot. Arnold is still incredibly fit and active. A script is ready that tells the story of a older Conan. Unforgiven showed a gunfighter in the twilight of his life going on one last quest. If the script is strong and the right director is found, Conan new Conan with Arnold is feasible.

I don't agree; he is older, yes, but elderly, not by a long shot. Arnold is still incredibly fit and active. A script is ready that tells the story of a older Conan. Unforgiven showed a gunfighter in the twilight of his life going on one last quest. If the script is strong and the right director is found, Conan new Conan with Arnold is feasible.
    Absolutely. And I will be there for it!