Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Google will soon have caught up with Skynet/Genisys.

I thought they already did.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

What about their first directive/corporate slogan/motto? "Don't be Evil!"
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondjames wrote: »

What about their first directive/corporate slogan/motto? "Don't be Evil!"

That must be why I saw an OCP logo on the bottom right hand corner that one day...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Any word on what Terminator 6 and 7 will be about? and is Arnold going to return?
    Personally, I'm done with this franchise as of now. TG was a nice way to re-visit & go out. Not to be spoilery, but they can't really do another without charging straight into bulls**t/cash-grab territory IMO.

chrisisall wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Any word on what Terminator 6 and 7 will be about? and is Arnold going to return?
    Personally, I'm done with this franchise as of now. TG was a nice way to re-visit & go out. Not to be spoilery, but they can't really do another without charging straight into bulls**t/cash-grab territory IMO.
    I hope I´m not getting spoilerish, but TG leaves one important question unanswered, which could easily be built into a circle of events ending where it began. Of course in another time line ;-).
    The point of "can´t really do another without charging straight into bs/cash-grab territory" was already in place after T2, so what difference does it make now ;-).
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The point of "can´t really do another without charging straight into bs/cash-grab territory" was already in place after T2, so what difference does it make now ;-).
    LOL, point taken. It's just that they surprised me with this new one. I actually want to own it.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Saw this last night and enjoyed it. The negative reviews seem overly harsh. It is a considerable improvement on 3 and 4 and the major twist is fascinating. I hope they continue the storyline.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Saw this last night and enjoyed it. The negative reviews seem overly harsh. It is a considerable improvement on 3 and 4 and the major twist is fascinating. I hope they continue the storyline.

Agreed. The surprise film of the year for me in 2015 so far. Much better than I had hoped for.

Unfortunately, I think it didn't do so well because of 3 & 4, which basically had driven many of the old fans away from the franchise.

Goes to show what can happen if you insult your audience enough times. They only forgive so much. Spider Man may face the same problem down the road as well.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,813
    LOL Looks like we may get that sequel after all!

http://io9.com/skynet-wins-after-all-terminator-genisys-is-a-monster-1726240268

I wonder if China had the same super-spoilery trailers that we did in the States...

You know, I had a good time with it. Better than Rise and Salvation. It felt like it belonged with 1 and 2, (as if it was the real T3) even if it would be the weakest of those three to me.
    I liked it immensely, but I have no particular need for another. It was like Crystal Skull for me; nice to see the old gang once more, but that's enough.
    I tend to feel the same way @chrisisall, with the exception that T:G started a whole new ballgame and now we need to see it through. If T:G is indeed the last one, then it's practically as bad as not getting Season 3 of Sarah Connor Chronicles.

That said, this 'brand new trilogy' that they had planned is pretty much out of the question. Even Arnold himself said he's planning on doing only one more.

One more, then let it go- that's what I think!
    And for Christs sake when and if T6 sees the light of day, don't spoil the fucking movie in the trailers!!!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Dutch cover of 2 disc 3D Bluray release. Release date: 11 November 2018

9200000047115552_1.jpg
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    I enjoyed it enough
    I enjoyed 'Termintor Genisys'...........its not a classic, but still pretty good........and it was appalling the way the American critics jumped on the bandwagon to beat up on Arnie, just coz he's past his prime.........plus the dimwit critics couldn't understand the plot to the film.....how pathetic.
    Fortunately, outside of the US, people were more generous, and the film did reasonable business........and the last market for the film to play in China.............basically saved the film from being a BO dud.
    Whether, the studio will take a punt at another Terminator film, who knows........it will be a financial risk though!
  • I don't know what trailer got released outside the US, but ours spoiled EVERYTHING (which is unfortunately the norm around here lately. Thank goodness Force Awakens hasn't done it)
    I'm glad TG did well some places- I think that's the only thing that will see the sequel to light. Last I heard, they are still doing it, but have gone back to the drawing board.

Hopefully they are making this one count....
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I watched the film today. I'm still processing it so an extended review will follow later. But I thoroughly dislike this film. Current ranking:

T2
    The Terminator

Rise of The Machines

The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Salvation

(dropping six miles)

(dropping another six miles)

Genisys.

I was ready to love this film but I can't. It's a 10 year old's retelling of the first two films in so far as he understands them.
    My inner ten year old had much fun with it.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    This is the Jurassic World of the Terminator franchise. Do it again, 2015 style (meaning stupid, and stupider pseudo remake, but having fun all the while). Definitely a leave the brain at home kind of actioner, and in that respect quite decent.
    @bondjames, nicely put, bro.
    The difference being Jurassic World was actually entertaining.
    The difference being Jurassic World was actually entertaining.
    In an MST3K kind of way...
    :))
    If you hand me Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World and tell me to watch one, I'll always pick Jurassic World. Unlike Terminator Genisys, it isn't a giant reset button, and it pays homage respectfully, not in s "Let's do this because it worked!" sort of way. And no Jai Courtney.
    If you hand me Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World and tell me to watch one, I'll always pick Jurassic World. Unlike Terminator Genisys, it isn't a giant reset button, and it pays homage respectfully, not in s "Let's do this because it worked!" sort of way. And no Jai Courtney.

James Cameron is on record stating that he enjoyed TG, and I am on record stating that JW entertained me less than JP3.

It's all subjective though. No right or wrong here.
  • I don't care what anyone says, I liked TG way more than 3 & Salvation.
    The only thing that really hurt the movie was the casting of Reese, the fact that John Connor's motives weren't totally clear (all he does is talk to them- not too hard to get away from-- not scary like the T1000 in T2.... he gave me nightmares as a kid)

and
    Arnold becoming a liquid metal hybrid at the end ruined what would have been a great send off ("Take care of my Sarah")

I will stand by my opinion that it's nowhere near as bad as its rep. I have TG in my bluray collection, and not T3 or Salvation, if that says anything.

I wonder where we stand on a sequel... TG totally left it open for one, and there are still unanswered questions... who sent Pops being the biggest.
    Also, I can't be the only one who wants to see more of Pops raising Sarah, and his adventures while waiting for 2017. There's like TWO movies worth of gold right there!
    Will it be mined, though? If so, cool! If not, then I can live with this being the end of the franchise.
    It beggars belief that the studio released the trailer for this film with a major plot spoiler.

Who compiled the trailer, the muppets?
    For those interested, I posted a pretty long TG rant here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/63/last-movie-you-watched#latest

;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/63/last-movie-you-watched#latest

;-)
    So.... the bottom like I guess is that you thought it could have been better....

=))
    chrisisall wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

;-)
    So.... the bottom like I guess is that you thought it could have been better....

=))

Outside of North America, TG performed pretty well

I thought the film was OK. :)
    Ow just slightly, @chrisisall. ;-)