Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• jake24 wrote: »
    Shit.

...just got real.

Well can someone break the bad news to Pistols I like the guy and really don't want to see him leave
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Who knows? Maybe Smith will surprise us.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Well, I was hoping for Gaga, but whatever. He's still good.
  • What a twist! That bloody bastard was playing all along!
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »

I think he's a great choice and I expect something very bold and theatrical. I would say that people should wait and see, but it appears some people have made up their mind already.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=161&v=fB63ztKnGvo

A recently Bond-ish song by SS.
    Waiting till the actual song lands to pass judgement...hoping it's tomorrow.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Well, could be worse.

The proof is in the pudding, as they say...
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Our worse fears have come true.

The opening title visuals better be SPECTACULAR otherwise there's a good chance the audience will fall asleep before the movie has really began :((
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Fair play, he played a good game did Smith. Well, hopefully we'll get a great song......
    Well, according to the rumors there will be multiple announcements tomorrow. What is confirmed as of now is that Sam Smith is doing a song for Spectre. But is it the only original song Spectre will have?
    Well, according to the rumors there will be multiple announcements tomorrow. What is confirmed as of now is that Sam Smith is doing a song for Spectre. But is it the only original song Spectre will have?

I think the other announcement is the actual release of the song.
    jake24 wrote: »

If Sam smith puts out a rocking bond theme in the vein of live and let did a view to a kill and you know my name I will personally create thread announcing how wrong I was.

But since that will never happen ;)

And maybe there will be two theme songs
  • RC7RC7

Speak for yourself.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 161
    The real question now is: is he doing it alone? A duet with Goulding perhaps?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,756

"It's Radiohead. Get used to it."

- @PanchitoPistoles , 2015

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

The opening title visuals better be SPECTACULAR otherwise there's a good chance the audience will fall asleep before the movie has really began :((
    Certainly not my worst fear, I just think there could have been a more inspired choice to choose from. But I look forward to the end product.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    RC7 wrote: »

Speak for yourself.

I was.

And fellow fans of decent music %-(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The way he's denied it, he could still be pulling our chain
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Something tells me that on the eve of the announcement, Smith is messing with everyone.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    double post
  • So Chris Evans, on a national radio show, told the truth. Incredible :) Sometimes the info is really up in the air !
    Sam Smith was one of the first rumours. It doesn't surprise me that it's actually him.

And think about this:

EON is not taking chances.

Adele was the most successful act before doing Skyfall.

Sam Smith is the most successful act of the last two years when it comes to selling records.

It is the logical choice for EON.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,619

As I said, the day we get an announcement that confirms Radiohead isn't doing any songs for Spectre, I will accept the defeat and will leave the forum with dignity.
    Re

really Dominic ok so he was wrong. We have all been fooled by rumors and believed them to be true and were wrong so let's not throw Panchito under the bus for believing something otherwise I have no issue going through your history finding something you were vocal about that wound being untrue and posting it for everyone to see
    I believe it when I hear it, but Smith is the logical choice.

And I'd rather have him than Goulding or God forbid the nineties craze Radiohead which are long past their expiration date.

About Sam Smith:

Newcomer Sam Smith’s In The Lonely Hour is at Number 2 (best selling albums in the UK 2014). With UK sales of nearly 1,248,000, Sam joins Ed Sheeran as one of only two artists to have sold over a million albums in the UK this year. Sam also achieved the rare feat of becoming the only artist in 2014 to sell one million albums in both the UK and US.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sam Smith is doing it and has fooled everyone this entire time? Damn, count me in! He has a voice on him and I can't wait to see what he can do.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    really Dominic ok so he was wrong. We have all been fooled by rumors and believed them to be true and were wrong so let's not throw Panchito under the bus for believing something otherwise I have no issue going through your history finding something you were vocal about that wound being untrue and posting it for everyone to see

Thanks for defending me @Risico007 but he is right. I was arrogant about it. If it's announced that Sam Smith is doing the main song and that Spectre won't have any other original songs, then I do deserve the ridicule. On the other hand, if they do announce that Radiohead is doing a song for Spectre, then I will be the one who will have the last laugh. B-)
    Oh bummer I was hoping for Gaga. Oh well. Maybe smith will surprise us who knows.

He could be trolling with us too so you never know. I'll see it to believe it