SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2014 Posts: 15,423
    Double post. Sorry.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Looks like I'll get my wish of Belucci being a bad-arse (obviously not literally, as she has a wonderful bottom) Bond bitch, hopefully in the vein of Fiona Volpe.

And of course she is going to bed 007. It would be sacrilege for her not to! :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    This quote from DC should make us feel better for the rewrites:

"I think, a better script than we had last time"

To quote Mr. Bond, "Well, that shouldn't be too difficult"
  • Pajan005 wrote: »
    This quote from DC should make us feel better for the rewrites:

"I think, a better script than we had last time"

Which was according to him "excellent".
    So I don't build my hopes on that line.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,444
    That whas disapointed. Of course i already don't whant actualy Blofeld, but it be inspecialy the title who i don't like. So it whas real shock, but i like bullit in the mirror/in to your face affect what remember me to OHMSS end. So mabey this whas Mendes mean being DAF fan. Also big shame that 2 new names already be discus 1 day before the anouchment. Plot who is now possible already partly spoiled. So i hope Solace of Quantum story line is stil part of it and we wil see Felix and Camile return in Bond 25.

Quantum don't return, but i hope it is only a name change. As said before it take some time to accepted things and it strange if there turn everthing up side down again after QOS and Skyfall. Or are Monica playing Camile, i only see pres cofrence partly i see dicovery of title and cast of Astin Martin and cast members.
    I was hoping for a title that is not too long and does not contain cliche words like "death, "kill", never", "forever", "diamond" or "gold", so I am very pleased with SPECTRE. Oh and I love the font! It was great to see all 10 significant cast members together on the stage and I am very happy that Scott is not playing the main villain (at least apparently).

It's great that right now we don't know who exactly the main villain of the movie will be. Waltz will probably play the leader of SPECTRE but that does not necessarily mean he is going to be the main bad guy in this movie. I suspect a lot of people will say that Scott will be the main villain but what if it's Bellucci? Anyway, I think it's very likely that either Lea or Bellucci will play a member of SPECTRE. But what if ALL the new characters (played by Waltz, Bautista, Bellucci, Seydeoux and Scott) will turn out to be members of SPECTRE?

The synopsis seems to suggest that M (and MI6) will have a significant role in the movie and that the film will have two main story lines (Bond on a mission & MI6 members back home). Will Waltz play the enemy of Bond and Scott the enemy of M?

As for the crew members: very happy about Lee Smith and Hoyte van Hoytema and great to have Thomas Newman confirmed! By the way, at least 3 crew members have a very good chance to be nominated for an Oscar this year: Gassner for Into the Woods and van Hoytema & Lee Smith for Interstellar.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Love the synompsis 'A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.'

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The title is a big middle finger to McClory's estate. In fact, they could have used that image instead of the bullet hole. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    TripAces wrote: »
    The title is a big middle finger to McClory's estate. In fact, they could have used that image instead of the bullet hole. ;)
    Glad I'm not the only one to have thought of that. Lol! :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The title is a bit unimaginative but....I'm sure they'll make it work. I for one am just glad that the McLory rubbish is finally behind us.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    I would like at least some allusion to Quantum, if only to suggest that they were acquired or assimilated into SPECTRE.

It would provide a little more significance to the Craig era and enhance the personal confrontation between Blofeld and Bond for Vesper if not for Tracy. Additionally, no one does angry Bond better than Craig, so I'd like to see reason for him to be this way again, if only for a small bit of the movie.
    Do you thin Mr Hinx will be a speaking part? I prefer when they have the silent bruit who just smiles and obliges to their boss when ordered to take care of Bond.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Please God, do not let me die before I see this film!

@slyfox, kudos to you for getting the info on this right.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Quite like the title and really excited about it. =D>
    Well, I've read about the release. Haven't seen it yet. But funny about how all these rumors turned true. Will write more later. I'm happy about a number of things, worried?sceptical about a few others.
  • So the teaser poster is a mix between the sixties logo of SPECTRE, and the bullet from SPECTRE that killed Contessa Tereza...

Indeed - I wonder if the bullethole in the shape of an octopus might be incorporated into the gunbarrel sequence (hopefully at the beginning of the film)?

Also, I think quite a bit was given away when Mendes remarked that Scott shouldn't walk behind him, and also where Scott was standing on stage!

I also thought the title might possibly be Risico as it was being slowly revealed piece by piece. But I think this film is being approached for a very interesting angle! Looking foward to the updates to come :)
  • Great news. SPECTRE. It´s Fleming and so Bond!
  • The title is a bit unimaginative but....I'm sure they'll make it work. I for one am just glad that the McLory rubbish is finally behind us.

All words created by the wunderful Ian Fleming were wunderful. I see it as a Fleming creation, and having said that it suddenly has a more imaginative ring to it. Just like chapter title "The World Is Not Enough" or novel title "Doctor No" :-).
    linglingqi wrote: »
    Indeed - I wonder if the bullethole in the shape of an octopus might be incorporated into the gunbarrel sequence (hopefully at the beginning of the film)?

That's an interesting idea, and could be quite inventive. However, I'd still prefer the traditional (non-CGI) gunbarrel in SPECTRE.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondjames wrote: »
    I would like at least some allusion to Quantum, if only to suggest that they were acquired or assimilated into SPECTRE.

It would provide a little more significance to the Craig era and enhance the personal confrontation between Blofeld and Bond for Vesper if not for Tracy. Additionally, no one does angry Bond better than Craig, so I'd like to see reason for him to be this way again, if only for a small bit of the movie.

I have been thinking about this, too. I remember what Mr. White said: "We have people everywhere." Imagine if Quantum is just one organization within the organization of SPECTRE. Then White's words mean something more.
  • I think Waltz in his interview with BBC is great acting on his part!
  • Not that titles really matter but for what it's worth I really hate the title. Like, really.

We just had a one word title that started with an S. Now we've got too short titles in a row and this one just doesn't feel Bondian at all. They could have named it something else entirely and still made the allusion to SPECTRE as an organization with the octopus-shattered bullet hole.

Other announcements, aside from that awful name Hinx, are fine by me. But damn I really don't like that title.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,169
    w2bond wrote: »
    "Very pumped for this movie, except yet again another personal mission
    We don't know that yet. Hopefully not. Enough is enough with all this "personal issues."

A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation.

So it's basically Skyfall part II, which had "the past becomes the present" as tagline. So what could this "cryptic message" be? "Think on your sons"? :-)
    TripAces wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

I have been thinking about this, too. I remember what Mr. White said: "We have people everywhere." Imagine if Quantum is just one organization within the organization of SPECTRE. Then White's words mean something more.

I think more of the Charachter Guy Haynes in Quantum, if you remember he was one of the Prime Ministers right hand men. The Synopsis states "M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive". Does Haynes have an agenda. I too would love Qauntum to only be the tenticals of the main body of the Specre Octupuss.
  • I have the sensation that they're trying to somewhat replicate the basic formula of GF (I also think that's just a coincidence, though): Veteran Bond Girl (I guess not the main one but still...), Germanic-talking villain (this time won't need to be dubbed, tough, and has TWO Oscars!) and a wrestler playing the henchman (it was a matter of time a WWE wrestler would enter the saga)...
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,009
    Repeated post, go away, nothing to see here, awfully sorryyyyyy...
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited December 2014 Posts: 2,252
    Zekidk wrote: »
    We don't know that yet. Hopefully not. Enough is enough with all this "personal issues."
    "A cryptic message from Bond's past..."

But at least this one has some Fleming relevance and is not totally contrived
    Zekidk wrote: »

But at least this one has some Fleming relevance and is not totally contrived

for all we know it is Blofeld playing mind games.
    "w2bond wrote: »

How can they make this resonate with the audience?

Is it from Vesper? From M (in the bulldog, as has been rumoured)? From Tracy? From Mathis?

I wonder...
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Now we've got too short titles in a row and this one just doesn't feel Bondian at all.

Anyone who has ever seen an Bond film will know exactly what SPECTRE is. I can't think of anything more Bondian.

Adding 'of death' or other unnecessary phrases to it just sounds like a cheesy episode of Diagnosis Murder, much like 99% of the suggestions made on this forum. I think they've made a very sensible choice.