SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    royale65 wrote: »
    Imagine SPECTRE usurping Quantum, a'la Maibaum's draft for TSWLM!
    My bet is on this one!
  • What's everyone on about Quantum for? They're gone. We have Blofeld and SPECTRE back now instead and I couldn't be happier!

Saying that though, while I'm thrilled SPECTRE are coming back, I have to say this. What a shit title. Seriously, was that the best they could come up with? "Oh SPECTRE are in it so we'll name it after them, job done".

Zero creativity. I think it's probably the second worst Bond film title.

Everything else is looking great though, that premise has me really excited. I honestly think this could end up topping SF and I can't wait to see it.
    Also the title SPECTRE could be misleading and have nothing to do with Blofeld. Spectre can also mean "ghost". Someone from Bonds past who is no longer alive.

No such thing. Let the teaser poster speak for itself. The gunshot breaking through the glass left the famous octopus sign, SPECTRE's insignia. So that tells me something.
  • Also the title SPECTRE could be misleading and have nothing to do with Blofeld. Spectre can also mean "ghost". Someone from Bonds past who is no longer alive.

No such thing. Let the teaser poster speak for itself. The gunshot breaking through the glass left the famous octopus sign, SPECTRE's insignia. So that tells me something.

I agree. When I saw the teaser poster hit for the first time I saw SPECTREs insignia straight away. I thought first that they were teasing with the title. But not the case now, as I have caught up with some interviews and info on the web were DC himself mentions the return of SPECTRE. So its not a teasing title! Looking forward to the return of SPECTRE and seeing what the DB10 will be doing. In an interview with DC he mentions that he will destroy it - :-(
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    What's everyone on about Quantum for?
    You probably missed the article about Jesper Christensen's return. It was posted in another thread earlier today.
    As for the title: it's simple and bold (unlike lackluster titles like Tomorrow Never Dies or Quantum of Solace).
    What's everyone on about Quantum for? They're gone. .
    Maybe you should read up on the thread? It has been confirmed that Mr.White is returning.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "Jesper Christensen will play a significant role in Bond24"

http://www.euroman.dk/kultur/film/jesper-christensen-skal-vare-james-bond-skurk-for-tredje-gang/

"I am thrilled to be working with Daniel and Sam again", he says.

So Quantum=SPECTRE? Or maybe competitors?

And the cryptic message from the past? Could be from events in CR or QoS.

Outstanding news! I'm hoping the message is from Vesper, but I'll be happy if it's from Mathis or Dench's M.

This is getting interesting.

To me these are hints of the next melodramatic story disaster. About two weeks ago I wrote as a spoof answer to one of Gustav Graves many visions for the franchise, that following his trail of thought the next thing he might suggesting was that it will be revealed that Bonds father had an affair with Mrs. Oberhauser and Blofeld is Bonds half brother, probably followed by Bond jumping from a cliff,so he doesn't turn to the dark side. Suddenly this begins to make a scary possibility, given that Mendes is not above blunt copying (and at the same times manages to consider himself original).
    Omg White back hype hype hype
    As for the title: it's simple and bold (unlike lackluster titles like Tomorrow Never Dies or Quantum of Solace).
    I'm completely with Panchito on this one. It feels effortless and, sorry to say, a little quick/bland.
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    It all makes sense: The message is from Mr.White. Quantum is threatened by SPECTRE, so he tries to use Bond.

That indeed would make for an interesting scenario, but I doubt they have something like that in them.
    CO
    Muddyw wrote: »
    Cryptic message: Anything to do with the rumoured story about a ski teacher named Oberhausen being like a father to Bond in the past and that Waltz his persona introduces himself as the son of Oberhausen? And that in the end it seems that Waltz is actually Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

i think it could be that the father is Waltz and the son is Andrew. So Andrew = Blofeld. i wonder if they will make it more personal by making the bond's parents death in a ski accident and tie it to the Waltz's character!
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    It all makes sense: The message is from Mr.White. Quantum is threatened by SPECTRE, so he tries to use Bond.

That indeed would make for an interesting scenario, but I doubt they have something like that in them.

If that is the case, then this film is going to be a lot better than what I'm expecting it to be.
    I'm completely with Panchito on this one. It feels effortless and, sorry to say, a little quick/bland.

What? I love the title and I don't think it's bland at all.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I feel like I'm dreaming...seriously...on paper this sounds like it could and should be the best Bond movie in the series. There's just so much that is right with this film. I still can't believe Bellucci is a Bond girl; it's a dream come true.

Brilliant cast
    Awesome title
    Craig with a great hairstyle
    Sexy car
    Beautiful locations
    snow
    Interesting synopsis
    Olivier Schneider choreographing the fights
    Mr White returning
    ....and a whole bunch of other stuff!

What? I love the title and I don't think it's bland at all.

Ahh, apologies for that, I must've misread it.

If that is the case, then this film is going to be a lot better than what I'm expecting it to be.
    It is BOND who
    unknowingly paves the way for SPECTRE, by eliminating Quantum.
  • need confirmation from EON before believing that Mr White is back...he could be just going on a flight to London to do some Christmas shopping and thought he would spread a rumour!

It is BOND who

Much like TWINE, then. Bond "working for Renard..."
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    I feel like I'm dreaming...seriously...on paper this sounds like it could and should be the best Bond movie in the series. There's just so much that is right with this film. I still can't believe Bellucci is a Bond girl; it's a dream come true.

Brilliant cast
    Awesome title
    Craig with a great hairstyle
    Sexy car
    Beautiful locations
    snow
    Interesting synopsis
    Olivier Schneider choreographing the fights
    Mr White returning
    ....and a whole bunch of other stuff!

Still I wouldn't have minded one, two gorgeous women along the trail.
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited December 2014 Posts: 108

http://www.euroman.dk/kultur/film/jesper-christensen-skal-vare-james-bond-skurk-for-tredje-gang/

Will be an intriguing twist if Blofeld kills Mr. White for exposing Spectre/Quantum. Then again, whether or not they will be the same organization or rival criminal organizations, the plot sounds intriguing.

I think Bond 24 might please all Bond fans: The Quantum fans will be happy with a conclusion to the QoS story arc, while the Spectre fans will be happy with the reintroduction of Blofeld.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mnhettia wrote: »
    i think it could be that the father is Waltz and the son is Andrew. So Andrew = Blofeld. i wonder if they will make it more personal by making the bond's parents death in a ski accident and tie it to the Waltz's character!

This is something I speculated about a few weeks back when it was first announced that Oberhauser would be involved. I certainly hope this is not the case. They did that in the first Batman (99) with the Joker backstory, and they did it in Spiderman 3 with the Sandman involvement in Parker's uncle's death. That would be a copout and I hope it doesn't happen.

It is BOND who

Much like TWINE, then. Bond "working for Renard..."
    Not if Bond decides to go after Quantum because of his personal issues with the organisation, and he is the one deceiving Mr. White ;-) Bond24 will be the end of Mr.White and Quantum and the rise of SPECTRE. That's most likely.
  • @zekidk Thanks for letting me know - however the person working at the airport could just be making this up. i really liked the Mr White character from CR and QOS so it would be great if he was actually returning in SPECTRE. While QOS is a film that isn't particularly well liked (i think its a very good film) it makes sense for EON to tie up all the loose ends from the Quantum storyline and move on to SPECTRE. I guess we will all find out on Nov 6 unless we all find out plot and character détails before then.
  • The only bad news today: Newman's back...
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

Outstanding news! I'm hoping the message is from Vesper, but I'll be happy if it's from Mathis or Dench's M.

This is getting interesting.

To me these are hints of the next melodramatic story disaster. About two weeks ago I wrote as a spoof answer to one of Gustav Graves many visions for the franchise, that following his trail of thought the next thing he might suggesting was that it will be revealed that Bonds father had an affair with Mrs. Oberhauser and Blofeld is Bonds half brother, probably followed by Bond jumping from a cliff,so he doesn't turn to the dark side. Suddenly this begins to make a scary possibility, given that Mendes is not above blunt copying (and at the same times manages to consider himself original).

I'll admit the possibilities are scary, if it's not handled well. If it's handled well, however, it could make the entire Craig era hold together very well as a standalone piece of betrayal, power, love, revenge, extortion etc. etc (somewhat like the Nolan Batman era). Let's hope for the latter. It all depends on the execution, and I agree, it's best to avoid melodrama.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Any danophone care to provide a detailed translation of the article?
    I'm content with the title. Not overjoyed but neither displeased. I had a feeling it would be a one word title again. It lacks the style of titles like 'From Russia With Love' and 'You Only Live Twice' but at the same time it has a certain simplistic, impact to it and I don't mean in a bad way. Very direct. I don't know whether I would feel the same way if I wasn't a Bond fan and not aware of the organisation from the Fleming books and the early Connery films.

Unfortunately it's just the same boring font again. What's with them? Why don't they want to use something creative like in the good old days? I don't get it. I do love the way they used the Spectre octopus image with the bullet hole. Recognised this immediately.

I'm excited about the cast. I think that this is the best cast ever used in a Bond film. It's wonderful to see Bellucci in there. I've wanted to see her as a Bond girl since I first saw her in the French film 'The Apartment' back in 96. It’s good to have an older Bond girl for once too. She's 50. I suspect she’ll be the villain but who knows. Maybe even the head of the organisation. In Gardner's 'For Special Services', Nina Blofeld was the head of the resurrected Spectre.

Bond 25 should be called ‘A World Without Want’. I remember where I read this now. It’s the name of the bar in Fleming’s novel, ‘Moonraker’.
    Evenin' all. Long time since I've been here. Hope everyone is well.

Nice to have some Bond news to chat about again. I think the title is ok, at least it is from something referenced from Fleming.

I heard rumours this is going to be shot back-to-back with Bond 25, so maybe we'll get Blofeld for 2 films, in a similar arc to the novels? I really hope we get YOLT finale with Dr. Shatterhand, but I'm not holding my breath.....
    The only bad news today: Newman's back...

I disagree on this. I find it one of the better pieces of news from today. Only the 3rd composer to ever be asked back, and I think the 2nd time will be the charm with him.

I'm personally fed up with this series sitting in the shadow, musically, of the great John Barry (it's time for us to accept, no matter how difficult it is, that no one will ever measure up to him, and so it's best not to have poor attempts at emulation, which is what Arnold gave us for most of his tenure).

I wouldn't have minded anyone else either, but I'm happy with Newman.