SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Cryptic message: Anything to do with the rumoured story about a ski teacher named Oberhausen being like a father to Bond in the past and that Waltz his persona introduces himself as the son of Oberhausen? And that in the end it seems that Waltz is actually Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
  • Well, now we're left to wonder if the two movies of Logan about SPECTRE will be crammed into one, or if SPECTRE will end with SPECTRE still running...

Wouldn't it be funny if this is a 2-parter with Bond 25 being Shatterhand? Then you'd have Skyfall, SPECTRE, Shatterhand -- what would be the odds of 3 one-word titles in a row starting with S?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,169
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Don't know if it means anything, but Jesper Christensen (Mr.White - the villain that got away in both CR and QoS) was seen boarding a plane for London yesterday, by a friend of mine who works at the airport.
    Guess my source was correct.

"Jesper Christensen will play a significant role in Bond24"

http://www.euroman.dk/kultur/film/jesper-christensen-skal-vare-james-bond-skurk-for-tredje-gang/

"I am thrilled to be working with Daniel and Sam again", he says.

So Quantum=SPECTRE? Or maybe competitors?

And the cryptic message from the past? Could be from events in CR or QoS.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

http://www.euroman.dk/kultur/film/jesper-christensen-skal-vare-james-bond-skurk-for-tredje-gang/

Outstanding news! I'm hoping the message is from Vesper, but I'll be happy if it's from Mathis or Dench's M.

This is getting interesting.

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    whoa, whoa. Is Mr. White returning?
    Don't know if it means anything, but Jesper Christensen (Mr.White - the villain that got away in both CR and QoS) was seen boarding a plane for London yesterday, by a friend of mine who works at the airport.

He can't have a very significant role if he was not present at the announcement. I don't think he will play Blofeld and for now I predict that he will appear in the PTS, setting the plot in motion.
    It all makes sense: The message is from Mr.White. Quantum is threatened by SPECTRE, so he tries to use Bond.
  • Well, I had my reservations last night regarding and despite the few surprises the press conference yielded my expectations have really been exceeded.

Firstly, @slyfox, bravo. You sir are a hero, take a bow.

Secondly, initially when I heard the title was 'Spectre' I was slightly underwhelmed. It sounded a little half-cooked and in need of something else (ie: maybe 'Spectre of Defeat' etc). However, since seeing the title treatment and the graphic design, I have been totally sold. Also I've always thought 'Spectre' was such a cool word, I love it's actual defnition of something ghostly and haunting and of course we all know it's deep connotations within Bond lore.

Now on to the cast, I was tad underwhelmed when I first heard many of the names. All the names mentioned just seemed a little too obvious and almost looked like fanboy casting. I'm still slightly apprehensive but I'm looking forward to Mendes proving me wrong.

As for Spectre's return, I've been waiting a long time for this and couldn't be more excited for this film now it's been confirmed.

In regards to Mr. White returning: I think we will see Blofeld kill White and destroy Quantum. This way it establishes to the audience quite how villainous and powerful Spectre are. Blofeld will kill Mr. White, take my word for it.
  • They probably didn't want him at the announcement because they don't want to reveal that Quantum is returning and becoming Spectre
    He can't have a very significant role if he was not present at the announcement. I don't think he will play Blofeld.
    Huh? Mr.White suddenly turning into Ernest? That would be ludicrous! But what we do know now is, that they haven't closed the doors on Quantum.
    In regards to Mr. White returning: I think we will see Blofeld kill White and destroy Quantum. This way it establishes to the audience quite how villainous and powerful Spectre are. Blofeld will kill Mr. White, take my word for it.
    No. Quantum is too strong and has "people everywhere." The following is more likely:
    Quantum is returning and becoming Spectre

Love the synompsis 'A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.'

I do really love this synopsis oh man I'm so pumped
    Maybe Mr White could even be the one from Bond's past who leaves the cryptic message. Or perhaps he could be bumped off by Blofeld for failing.

Either way, I doubt he'll have a big part but it's definitely good news they'll reference and tie off Quantum.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S

Hm, I think that Quantum is SPECTRE and that it will be re-organized in some way.
  • I think "SPECTRE" can do $ 1.3 Billion at the box office next year :-).
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    bondjames wrote: »

Outstanding news! I'm hoping the message is from Vesper, but I'll be happy if it's from Mathis or Dench's M.

This is getting interesting.

Just when you think it cant get any better ...!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,400
    I think the message will tie into the film's inclusion of Hannes Oberhauser. I think the film will introduce Blofeld as a man posing as Oberhauser's son. We know the message ties in directly with Bond's past and Oberhauser was his surrogate father/mentor growing up.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 1,021
    interesting synopis. i am pretty convinced that the message is going to be from Judi Dench's M. Also the title SPECTRE could be misleading and have nothing to do with Blofeld. Spectre can also mean "ghost". Someone from Bonds past who is no longer alive. I doubt a ghost of M is going to appear before Bond!! I hope though that Blofeld and SPECTRE do return. The only thing I still can't belive is that the henchman is still going to be called Hinx. It just sounds too much like Jinx. Also did anyone else notice that Mendes introduced him as "her" at the press conference. Or was I hearing things?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,021
    oops double post...
    @nobodydoesitbetter

You can read from the official tagline, that SPECTRE is the organisation mentioned, unless they of course are referring to Quantum.

• "SPECTRE will be the 14th film to include Bollinger, a relationship that has lasted since Live and Let Die in 1973" :>

https://twitter.com/BollingerUK
    can't be more effin excited! bring on SPECTRE!
  • From The Guardian:

"For Bond 25, let’s maybe gee things up a bit, like Marvel does with its announcements. Get a room, pack it full of screaming fanboys instead of disinterested members of the press, and wind them up until they pop. Maybe get the cast to abseil onto the stage, or have Daniel Craig combat-roll up and down the aisle pointing his fingers at people like they were guns. Either that or just email everyone the title. That seems like a much more sensible option."

Spot on!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    @slyfox, kudos to you for getting the info on this right.
    Firstly, @slyfox, bravo. You sir are a hero, take a bow.

Thank you gentlemen. I've been away from the boards for a while so it was nice to return with a bang!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,444
    Pressconference video be avaible on 007.com. Sam Mendes not named Daniel Kleinman.
    cryptic message from Bond's past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.

That last part sound promosing, if there realy telling the truth this time. Because that's the whole point. A lot of other people wil be very happy with finaly some ansers. But trow things overboard like statue's from CR, hope not.

Cryptic message, then i must think about smart symbol like QOS or mabey that word on Bond his phone in CR. If Spectre also mean Ghost, then it must be DC (Dominic Greene).
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,181
    They definitely went down the simple road with the title, but sometimes that's the best way. I think the cast is definitely interesting, but I hope they use Bautista in a creative way instead of just a token bulky henchman.

I love the months leading up to the release. It really gives you something exciting to look forward to!
    Ok Sam won and hit all of my concerns

1. Fleming title
    2. Better locations
    3. Quantum returns

I am now 100% on board with Spectre
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 372
    interesting synopis. i am pretty convinced that the message is going to be from Judi Dench's M. Also the title SPECTRE could be misleading and have nothing to do with Blofeld. Spectre can also mean "ghost". Someone from Bonds past who is no longer alive. I doubt a ghost of M is going to appear before Bond!! I hope though that Blofeld and SPECTRE do return. The only thing I still can't belive is that the henchman is still going to be called Hinx. It just sounds too much like Jinx. Also did anyone else notice that Mendes introduced him as "her" at the press conference. Or was I hearing things?

Daniel Craig confirmed it was the organisation in an interview at the press conference. @germanlady posted the video in another topic.
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    @nobodydoesitbetter

You can read from the official tagline, that SPECTRE is the organisation mentioned, unless they of course are referring to Quantum.

@zekidk yes. i missed that bit at the end. I thought it just mentioned an organisation. i can't actually seem to locate the synopis on the web anywhere. Is it on the 007 home page because I looked there and couldn't see anything.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Imagine SPECTRE usurping Quantum, a'la Maibaum's draft for TSWLM!